PDA

View Full Version : Prince Rainier died

pirate44
04-06-2005, 07:56 AM
the guy who married film star Grace Kelly died from heart and kidney probles. he was 81.

Phil C
04-06-2005, 08:10 AM
Sad news. I always though Grace Kelly should have made at least one movie comeback in the movie North By Northwest with Cary Grant. Eva Marie Saint was excellent though but Grace Kelly would have been superb. I'm sure the royality would have survived it and a great movie would have been even greater. It was actually completed in late 1958. It is too bad they couldn't have released it that same year because the next year 1959 was the year they released the great movie Ben Hur with Charlton Heston which won most of the oscars. Had North by Northwest been released in 1958 it would have been a shoo in for several of the oscars because it was a lean year in comparison to other years.

pirate44
04-06-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Sad news. I always though Grace Kelly should have made at least one movie comeback in the movie North By Northwest with Cary Grant. Eva Marie Saint was excellent though but Grace Kelly would have been superb.
she sure did have a great screen presence

Bandera YaYa
04-06-2005, 11:30 AM
Ahhh......one of the good love stories......when she died, I think he never recovered from a broken heart..........May he rest in peace.... :(

BrahmaMom
04-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Yep, YaYa, I think you are right. My mom grew up near the Kellys and knew her and her brother, Jack, slightly. She apparently had charisma and I think once that left his life, he was never the same. Quite a love story, may they both rest in peace, together again.