PDA

View Full Version : 32-3A still representing in 4A Soccer Playoffs...

Ray_BearKat
04-05-2005, 11:18 PM
I just found out that Hidalgo beat Alamo Heights earlier today 3-2 to advance to the Region IV final against the winner of the Mission Vet. Memorial/Austin McCallum. Congrats to the Pirates!

District303aPastPlayer
04-05-2005, 11:21 PM
not bad for a lil 3a school from the valley huh? :)

footballgal
04-05-2005, 11:22 PM
Congrats to the Hidalgo Pirates, proudly representing dist. 32-AAA & all of 3A!!! kicking some 4A butt.:D

Ray_BearKat
04-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Footballgal, all we need now is for Vet. Memorial to win and we will have another all-valley Regional final like last year with Brownsville Porter and the eventual state champ Brownsville Lopez:D

Phil C
04-06-2005, 08:05 AM
Go Hidalgo!

Phil C
04-06-2005, 08:07 AM
Hey Ray if they ever have women's soccer league again I hope they have some teams along the border where soccer is really appreciated such as Brownsville, Laredo and El Paso. I stopped by a Mexican Food cafe in Laredo once and they were all keeping an eye on the tv where the Mexican National Team was playing soccer.

Phil C
04-06-2005, 10:11 AM
New Braunfels Canyon beat Gregory- Portland 4 to 3 in women's hs playoffs in soccer. GP had a 3 to 1 lead with just ten minutes to play but unfortunately couldn't hold the lead. The game was in Beeville last night and I wish I had known it because I would have liked to have gone to the game but I guess I needed to save on my gasoline spending.

footballgal
04-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Valley schools have girl’s soccer teams, but they are only in the higher classifications. There are many, many kid’s leagues, for example here in Harlingen. It's real big at that age level, but in the boy’s league, I am not sure why it doesn't continue when they get to High school. My best guess is, that is has something to do with a little sport called "FOOTBALL" .