PDA

View Full Version : WE DID IT!!!

Ranger Mom
12-15-2002, 02:31 AM
I'm never gonna get to go Christmas shopping!! What an exciting game!! Daingerfield must hate losing - they don't go down without a fight (literally!!). I had never seen a free-for-all except in the NFL - don't care to witness one again!! TOTALLY CLASSLESS - D'Field fans were throwing footballs onto the field - D'Field players were TRYING to beat the crap out of our players - hurt one of them - some kind of rib injury. I know this didn't reflect all the players and fans but it left a bad taste in my mouth and I just feel like RANTING - so bear with me!!

Anyway....on a lighter note - I met TarponFanIn NorthTexas - he's a cool guy. I introduced him to several fellow posters!!

To all you who believed in us - THANKS!! For those who wanted to - but just couldn't - Thanks for the kind words. To those who just flat out didn't believe - SEE YA IN WACO AT THE 3-A DIV II STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!

GO RANGERS!!!

SintonFan
12-15-2002, 03:13 AM
Ranger Mom:
I'm never gonna get to go Christmas shopping!! What an exciting game!! Daingerfield must hate losing - they don't go down without a fight (literally!!). I had never seen a free-for-all except in the NFL - don't care to witness one again!! TOTALLY CLASSLESS - D'Field fans were throwing footballs onto the field - D'Field players were TRYING to beat the crap out of our players - hurt one of them - some kind of rib injury. I know this didn't reflect all the players and fans but it left a bad taste in my mouth and I just feel like RANTING - so bear with me!!

Anyway....on a lighter note - I met TarponFanIn NorthTexas - he's a cool guy. I introduced him to several fellow posters!!

To all you who believed in us - THANKS!! For those who wanted to - but just couldn't - Thanks for the kind words. To those who just flat out didn't believe - SEE YA IN WACO AT THE 3-A DIV II STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!

GO RANGERS!!!Congratulations Greenwood on your win!!! :D
Please spend this week telling us (or PM me) about your team.
I know a little about Bandera but you guys are a mystery to me. Good luck against Bandera.

FYI, if you needed to buy a $40 Optimus Prime Transformer for your child, GOOD LUCK! I searched Houston today and no luck. Don't even try to get a SpiderMan web-blaster! I felt like I was in that movie "Jingle all the way" with that terminator dude! LOL...

Ranger Mom
12-15-2002, 03:27 AM
I have never even heard of either one of those things - may be for younger kids than mine. The way I keep going out of town for weekend games - my kids are liable to get cold hard cash (which would actually suit them just fine)!! I have purchased exactly 2 gifts so far!!

BULLDOGFAN
12-15-2002, 07:22 AM
Congratulations Ranger MOM. We in Bandera keep saying the same thing, This has totaly ruined the Christmas buying, but you know I wouldn't have it any other way:) We will see you Saturday. Good Luck...Grrrr.....

sinton66
12-15-2002, 08:50 AM
Congratulations Greenwood Rangers and Ranger Mom! Feels good to make the final dance doesn't it? You guys must really have a super team. Best of luck next weekend. Go Rangers!!!!!

Pudlugger
12-15-2002, 09:54 AM
Congratulations Greenwood Rangers! Walk softly and carry a big stick must be ya'll's motto out there in West Texas. While Region III was busy beating each other up ya'll and Bandara went and won the big games and now get a shot at a state championship. I keep saying this, that it is a very long road to the title and the champion team is the one with the ability to keep focused each week. Especially after beating a really tough opponent. The next team can knock you off if there is a letdown. I think that happened to Marlin and then Bellville. Ya'll have the right idea, just like Everman, moving quitely and with determination towards the final goal. Good luck, hope ya'll win it, it is time for a West Texas team to get the honors. :)

exbccards76'smom
12-15-2002, 10:03 AM
Congrats Rangermom!!! Ya'll keep on rollin'!! :D :D

Gilmer Buckeye
12-15-2002, 10:24 AM
Congratulations, Ranger Mom, and also to all the Greenwood Rangers, from one of Daingerfield's previous victims. The stories I could tell you about Daingerfield's lack of class... I live only 30 miles from Daingerfield and know one fairly close relative of one of the players. The team has, as she put it, quite a few "thugs." When I read a few minutes ago on the Midland Reporter-Telegram's website about the melee that broke out at the end as your QB was just trying to take a knee, I was not at all surprised. Ask the folks in Celina how the Tigers behaved after that game. I think the problem is that D'field not only expected to beat you guys, but that it would be a rout. I hope the UIL examines a tape of this game and imposes the appropriate sanctions.
In spite of the thuggish behavior, though, I am sure many of the Daingerfield Tigers and their fans are not that way and I congratulate them on a great season as well.

Ranger Mom
12-15-2002, 12:11 PM
As far as I know - this has already been turned in to the UIL. On some of the other boards I go to, there have been several apologies from posters on the behavior of the players and fans. I am still in shock over the whole incident.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-15-2002, 08:38 PM
Hey RangerMom, thanks for the kind words about me!!!

I was very impressed with the Greenwood Rangers, not only for their play on the field, but how they conducted themselves when the D'field QB got hurt, and also during that brawl near the end of the game.

I'll admit, I had always wanted to watch D'field play. I had heard of their "legendary" teams of the 80s, which was the main reason why I wanted to see them. But after the game, I feel like Daingerfield should no longer exist. I have never seen such a huge group of rude, cocky, and completely classless individuals in my life. Midland Greenwood's pepole on the other hand, are a total class act!!! By the way, the kid that got hurt, the way he was holding himself it looked like he has a broken rib, and if that's the case, it's not likely he'll get to play in the title game.

To Daingerfield fans.....I no longer have respect for you. You have NO class whatsoever. You disgraced your own town, and you should be ashamed.

By the way, it was D'field #52 who started the fight by attacking Greenwood's QB after he took a knee to run out the clock. After he attacked the QB, Greenwood's offensive linemen went to defend their QB......then the rest of the Daingerfield team (ones on the field, AND ones who were on the sidelines) came in and tried to beat the crap out of Greenwood. Greenwood's players that were on the sideline, however, held themselves back while their coaches tried to break up the fight. Daingerfield's conduct was completely despicable (that how it's spelled??) while Greenwood's conduct was nothing short of stellar.

Greenwood, you've made a friend with me. But i'll be torn as to whose side i'll sit on at the title game Saturday. I do have family (BULLDOGFAN) in Bandera, and Bandera's #55 is my cousin.....it's a decision i'll have to make on my own. I'll let you know soon.

Ken

VWG
12-15-2002, 09:41 PM
Congrats to the Greenwood team, and good luck next week.
What were the Daingerfield coaches doing? If players at the end of the game were coming off the bench, weren't there any coaches restraining the players? Sounds like the staff at Daingerfield needs to teach some discipline over in East Texas.

Ranger Mom
12-15-2002, 10:52 PM
Hey TarponFan, it shouldn't be a hard decision - blood is thicker than water!!
I just wonder how many fans from other 3-A schools were there cheering Greenwood on! My husband said he talked to several Celina fans that were there to hopefully see someone beat D'Field. I talked to someone else earlier and for the life of me I can't remember where he was from - but he was there. That's kinda neat anyway!! All I heard all week on the "other" boards was how much speed they had and how the could pack a stadium. Well....we shut down that infamous speed and if I was a betting "woman" I think we probably had them beat in the # of fans department too.
I had complained early in the year about our lack of fan participation. They were on fire last night - the band NEVER quit playing. It ended on a bad note - but the atmosphere was AWESOME!!

pirate4state
12-16-2002, 10:41 AM
Congrats to Greenwood & RangerMOM!! Who knows maybe I'll trek up to Waco this weekend. If I do, I'll look you up. :) GOOD LUCK!!!