PDA

View Full Version : Some 7 on 7 Information

Cat22
04-05-2005, 11:52 AM
I don't know if anyone has posted this or not, but here are the regional tournament sites.

http://texasfootball.com/7on7_schedule.html

Phil C
04-05-2005, 01:27 PM
Cat your Dad was a pretty good track star in Freer when he was in High School. I know. I was on the same team.

Cat22
04-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Yeah Phil. I've heard the stories. He and my uncles were pretty good athletes.

Phil C
04-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Yes. Richard Baldesweiller was a good weight man and was great. Johnny Elkins was magnificient in both track and football. I remember we had a tough game with San Diego for district one year and the San Diego receiver caught a long pass and was running to score (it was 12 to 8 in favor of Freer at that point). Johnny came across the field and knocked him out of bounds as the third quarter ended at the Freer 2 yard line. A big play? You bet as San Diego three times tried to run at our big defensive line and got nothing. Then on fourth down they tried a short pass which was incomplete as the QB was rushed. Late in the fourth quarter Freer moved for another td with Johnny mainly doing the damage and scoring as Freer won 18 to 6. A great team effort I admit but a splendid performance by Johnny Elkins.

Cat22
04-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Yeah Phil, I really wish I could have seen him play. He was a special athlete. Too bad he is no longer with us. He was a great guy.