PDA

View Full Version : What wrong with the Wharton Tigers

bc 76
10-06-2003, 11:50 PM
With all the talent that this team has why can't they seem to get there act together.Every year this team looks to be a team that could make a long playoff run then they fall flat on there face.I know some of the problem is lack of decipline by some of the kids but the problem has to be deeper than that?

Gobbla2001
10-06-2003, 11:55 PM
It's all discipline...

Like I've most-likely said before, I saw them play Gonzales in the first round last year in Vic...

7 offensive offsides in one drive?

I mean they have all of the athletes a team in 3A and maybe even 4A could want to make a state drive, they just lack discipline...

Heard's a GREAT athlete, heck of a big boy, but he almost got thrown out of the game for fighting...

that's their story...

<small>[ October 06, 2003, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

BU97
10-07-2003, 09:08 AM
Heard almost got thrown out of the Gonzales game? When did that happen? You base all of your Wharton hate on one game because we jumped off sides early in the game. You probably don't even care to consider that the Gonzales d-line was shifting their front and calling what sounded similar to our snap count. If you think back after the first couple of series, we corrected the problem and it didn't happen anymore. But hey, I can't tell you anything because you know everything!! Why don't you just stick to worrying about the Gobblers!

Gobbla2001
10-07-2003, 09:32 AM
Dude, that was the first time I had seen Wharton and when I saw them come out I knew they'd beat Gonzales 80-0...

I don't HATE Wharton, I accually FEEL for Wharton...

I don't care if it was early in the game or not, but 7 offensive penalties in the first drive? I don't even see Palacios doing that...

Yes, I believe it was early in the second half, HEard had an altercation with either a guard or center for Gonzales and came up swinging... He sat out about 5 or so plays (I was was on the Wharton side because and I was GOING for Wharton because I wanted Gonzales to get it handed to 'em)...

The thing is I never made a judgement about it until I heard EVERYONE saying the same things I have...

Maybe that's the reason the Tigers had 200 yards rushing, 16 first downs yet only 6 points... So it's not like the Navasota D was 'that' dominating...

Eradicator
10-07-2003, 09:53 AM
I'll tell you what's wrong with Wharton, it's inbreeding. I met a kid from Wharton once and he was dumber that a pile rock sitting in a pile of dog poo. It's hard to win games when you have to 504 the offense. Here's an idea, write L on the Left shoe and R on the right. I'm telling you it helps. We had to write "back" on the toilet paper for the kid from Wharton, he was "ftoopid"!

bc 76
10-09-2003, 01:49 AM
BU97 i have a question about the tiger defense.It seems every year we have lots of starters returning on defense yet we are next to dead last as far as stopping the run.I have only seen 1 game this year and that was the elcampo game and what i saw was are big people are too slow.In your opinion would it not be better to go with faster kids on defense or maybe switch to a different defense say like 4-3 split 6.The offense is there if we can make these changes and just stop or slow down the run i think we will see more wins.

Ozzy
10-09-2003, 08:14 AM
I'll tell you what's wrong with Wharton: it's those damned police. What's wrong with throwing back a few Lone Star's at halftime? It they're that picky at football games, just think how they must treat those Wharton athletes!