View Full Version : 21/ 22 3a scores

eagle08
11-08-2003, 12:24 AM
Liberty 27 Cleveland 7
Splendora 42 Shepherd 6
Anahuac 14 Bridge City 13
Hamshire-Fannett 42 Kountze 6
Barbers Hill 42 Tarkington 0
Huffman big over Coldspring can't remember score.

Wildcat81
11-08-2003, 12:26 AM
Any score on Kirbyville and Woodville game.

http://www.jamnart.com/art-intro/mascots/thumbnails/Wildcats.jpg

noitall
11-08-2003, 12:28 AM
Huffman beat Coldspring 48-13 I think.

RBARKER
11-08-2003, 12:43 AM
Wildcat81:
Any score on Kirbyville and Woodville game.

http://www.jamnart.com/art-intro/mascots/thumbnails/Wildcats.jpgKirbyville wins but I dont remeber the score.

RBARKER
11-08-2003, 12:45 AM
So let me see if i get this right. 1st round of the playoffs will be.....

BH vs. HF
Liberty Vs. Orangefield
Huffman Vs. Anahuac

eagle08
11-08-2003, 12:46 AM
Yeah your right. We need some info on the locations.

eagle08
11-08-2003, 12:48 AM
I'm sure the Huffman/Anahuac will be at Barbers Hill. That's just a guess.

3AFTNUT
11-08-2003, 12:49 AM
MAYBE IN BAYTOWN

Bobkat
11-08-2003, 01:37 AM
Orangefield/Liberty game will be played in Orangefield. Last year the coaches couldn't agree on a neutral site, so they flipped home to home. Since we're playing each other again in the playoffs, they have to come to Orangefield this time.

pgamgt1982
11-08-2003, 09:24 PM
Yeah, and it will be another loss for Orangefield. Even though you guys get home field advantage, this game will not be in your favor due to several determining factors. But ofcourse I am sure you guys already knew that. Good luck though, hopefully it will be a good game.

Prediction:

Liberty 37 --- Orangefield 14

numberonefan
11-08-2003, 10:06 PM
Kirbyville 21, Woodville 7

Bobkat
11-09-2003, 12:01 AM
Hey pgamgt1982, your right! I don't know why we're even playing the game man. We know we can't win with the mighty LIBERTY PANTHERS coming to town. Look ya'll have an excellent team, we know that, and we know we'll have to play our best game of the year to come out on top. So if you guys do get by Orangefield, prepare yourself for a rude awakening in round two. But hey good luck!!!

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Bobkat ]</small>

sahen
11-09-2003, 01:18 AM
pgamgt1982:
Yeah, and it will be another loss for Orangefield. Even though you guys get home field advantage, this game will not be in your favor due to several determining factors. But ofcourse I am sure you guys already knew that. Good luck though, hopefully it will be a good game.

Prediction:

Liberty 37 --- Orangefield 14im a liberty fan too and i hope (and think they will) come out on top but i hope the football players dont have that attitude...that is when u get upsets...and w/ liberty's recent history of first round playoff exits (except last year) i really hope they dont get over confident...they r good but they stil gotta play a football game...orangefield isnt tarkington..they r in the playoffs for a reason...

lbc05
11-09-2003, 01:50 AM
yeah i definetly dont think the players think of any game as an easy one.... they prepare for any team the same... liberty will have a great game this week and i think they will finally have their break out game.good luck to both teams.

Bobkat
11-09-2003, 02:07 AM
Thanks for the kind words. Most Liberty fans on this site show respect for their opponents and I enjoy reading their post. I guess every town has those that like to run at the mouth. Good Luck to Liberty this week, we definetly know that a good football team is coming to Orangefield friday night.

oldercoach
11-09-2003, 02:18 AM
If one was to do a little comparison scores.... Liberty defeats BC on a last second hail mary pass where the defender falls down. Orangefield defeats BC on a last second score. Sounds like it might be one heck of a game to me!! Either way, realistically neither team should last past the second round. But as Bobkat correctly said, that is why we play the games. :D

noitall
11-09-2003, 11:10 AM
There are alot of trash talkers but I promise you it is mostly in fun. Liberty doesn't have the type of team to take anyone lightly. Orangefield will have a tough team just like last year and the bottom line will be can Liberty avoid the silly mistakes on both sides of the ball and limit the turnovers. Orangefield has revenge and home field on thier side so it should make for a great, exciting Friday night of football. Playoffs are sad because one good team will always have to go home when its over, but hey thats what gets your heart pounding. Good luck and a safe game to all

Old Cardinal
11-09-2003, 05:36 PM
I have seen both of these teams play. Orangefield has the best team. I think they will pass at will on Liberty. Liberty has it all-but speed. I will be there Friday night cheering for OF, they have great fans and are going to make a ballgame out of this meeting.

sahen
11-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Old Cardinal:
I have seen both of these teams play. Orangefield has the best team. I think they will pass at will on Liberty. Liberty has it all-but speed. I will be there Friday night cheering for OF, they have great fans and are going to make a ballgame out of this meeting.Orangefield has the best team? I'm not sure about that statement...Here is my comparison
Games in common:
Bridge City: Orangefield won 15-14, Liberty won 31-29 (Both games won on last second plays)
Huffman: Orangefield loss 35-6, Liberty won 28-21

Other losses:
Orangefield lost to Hardin-Jefferson (37-33) whose record is (5-5) i believe. Hardin-Jefferson lost to Coldsprings (6-0) who was beat by Liberty 27-0 also by Bridge City (23-13) who was mentioned before....
Orangefield also lost to Hamshire Fannet (35-7) who was beat by Barber's Hill (29-7) and Bridge City (35-13)...Liberty beat Barber's Hill (15-7) Bridge City mentioned above..
Liberty has no losses..

I know it is a stretch to predict a game by using other games like this but i'm just saying you cant say Orangefield is the better team...they may UPSET Liberty if Liberty doesn't come to play but if you have to UPSET a team that would mean that Liberty is the better team...

noitall
11-09-2003, 06:44 PM
From top to bottom, Dist. 22 is by far stronger than Dist. 21. I see nothing to change my mind this weekend and it should be a clean sweep for Liberty, Huffman, and Barbers Hill. I think if any of these teams lost it would be an upset. The physical play of Dist. 22 will be hard to overcome.

Bobkat
11-09-2003, 07:11 PM
I think that both districts are weaker this year, and I don't believe that either district will sweep the other. Barbers Hill did beat H-F earlier in the year, but this isn't the same H-F team. I know that B-H has gotten better too, but H-F really has it going right now, and I think that they'll beat B-H in a close one. If Anahauc can slow down Huffman's running game, they definetly have the offense to put enough points on the board to win. Stopping Huffman's running game though is a tall chore, and I believe that Huffman wins a close one. As far as Orangefield and Liberty goes...it really depends on which Orangefield team shows up. If the Orangefield team shows up that played last week, it will be a good game. If not, it could be a long night for the Bobcats.

Good Luck to both districts, hope someone carries the torch deep in the playoffs.

noitall
11-09-2003, 07:59 PM
I will say that the teams that win these games in Div 2 have the potential to go deep in the playoffs. I think the key is they will have to play their best game every week. All four teams have the offensive weapons but they must do away with the turnovers. I'm not sure about the defenses. I've seen Huffman but how are Orangefields and Anahuacs defense. Liberty defense can dominate at times but then again we seem to have lapses from time to time. Anyway I do hope whoever advances from these games represents the southeast area well

sahen
11-09-2003, 08:02 PM
the last lapse that liberty has really had on defense was before the barber's hill game..i think they got it together the question will be their untested secondary...no one has been able to run on the panthers and win a game but really no one has tried the passing game against them...my guess is we will find out w/ orangefield...but the defense has really turned around and plays well barring one special team miscue against tarkington, that didnt really matter in the end...