PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star Standings

BH_146
06-11-2003, 08:35 AM
With a couple of days before the final standings are announced, I thought I would try to figure out what the current leaders' totals were and where Barbers Hill would compare. If I have interpreted the points correctly Barbers Hill should have 44 points. Below are the totals for the leaders.

Canyon 54
Monahans 52
Atlanta 50
Wimberly 50
Kountze 46
Yoakum 46
Jasper 42
Aransas Pass 40
Decatur 40
Midland Greenwood 40

I know that there are many schools, like Bridge City, that accummulated a lot of points in softball and baseball. So, making the top 10 is going to be very competitive this year. If I have made a mistake on the totals above, please correct it.

If you know your schools totals, please post it. Let's see how close we can get before the release of the final standings.

shellman54
06-11-2003, 08:41 AM
how do they determine the point values? do you 10 points for winning a championship, and then fewer points as the rounds go back? just curious

3afan
06-11-2003, 08:47 AM
thats too much work !!! i'll just wait 'til the official totals come out ...

VWG
06-11-2003, 10:33 PM
Aransas Pass?
Haven't heard too many rumblings on athletic achievements at this school. Anybody got any info.?

sinton66
06-12-2003, 06:36 AM
shellman54:
how do they determine the point values? do you 10 points for winning a championship, and then fewer points as the rounds go back? just curioushttp://www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/lonestar.html

big daddy russ
06-12-2003, 11:28 AM
VWG:
Aransas Pass?
Haven't heard too many rumblings on athletic achievements at this school. Anybody got any info.?AP has had an awesome boys and girls basketball team this year. The boys won district and went to the State Tournament but were bounced by Everman in the semis... girls made it to the Regional Tournament before getting bounced by Llano in the Regional Semis. The football team was a championship-caliber Division II team with as much talent as Marlin or Greenwood, but missed the mark against Port Isabel in the second round. Volleyball won district and team made the Regional Tournament where they were bounced by Needville in the Regional Semis. The softball team went to the playoffs as 30-3A's third-place representative but lost in the first round. The baseball team also came in third and lost in the first round to the same team as the girls, Devine. I think that about covers it. Don't even ask me to go into tennis, track, x/c or any other individual sports. I have no idea about that stuff.

The reason you might not hear a whole lot about them is that there are only two posters on this board who support AP, and one of them doesn't get the chance to hit this site up very much. I'm the other, but I only support them nine games out of a season wink (my school and AP are archrivals).

<small>[ June 12, 2003, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: big daddy russ ]</small>

Old Cardinal
06-12-2003, 08:38 PM
Thank you for the report on Aransas Pass. It's good to hear of various schools overall achievements. It appears that some schools partacipate in a lot of sports activities and some schools do not...It always pains me to see school with only a football program, that in many cases, play kids till the reach the age limit for HS and then the kid drops out of school...A multi-faceted program that allows youth to participate in a number of school athletic activities seems so much more mature and healthy.