Originally posted by pirate44
stopped watching when that kid fell and died:(

Are you serious??

Holmes_Fans
04-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
I watched it. Whatcha wanna know??

:)
I got to watch it, on 2 big screen projectors infact with about 150 other people at one of the WWE blast zones, it was a bowling alley club :cool: , but it was still sweet watching it with all those people because it was just like being there except it only cost me $5.

Holmes_Fans
04-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Are you serious??
Happened in the mid 90's. Owen Hart was being lowered from the arena rafters when his line snapped. Even though it was a major PPV only a few people actually saw him fall because they were showing a video on the Bigscreen at the arena. And it was edited out of the TV showing becase the shows were tape-delayed back then.

ILS1
04-04-2005, 09:37 PM
\QUOTE]Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
Happened in the mid 90's. Owen Hart was being lowered from the arena rafters when his line snapped. Even though it was a major PPV only a few people actually saw him fall because they were showing a video on the Bigscreen at the arena. And it was edited out of the TV showing becase the shows were tape-delayed back then. [/QUOTE]

Actually,it happened on May 30,1999 in Kansas City. It happened before the actual PPV. During a stunt when he was being lowered from the rafters on a rig. But he wasn't properly secured in and he fell some 50 feet and hit a ring turnbuckle and broke his neck. At that time,the PPV's were on a tape delay basis. Announcer Jim Ross came on saying that what he was about to say wasn't scripted. That Owen fell and was hurt and weren't quite sure of his condition. He was given CPR in the ring and then rushed to a local hospital. He later died and the PPV audience was given the news. Alot of the wrestlers were visably shaken because he was one of the most loved wrestlers. CEO Vince McMahon was later critized for going on with the show. Some wrestlers wanted to cancel as well but most decided to go on and dedicate it to Owen. I remember most was the follow Monday night RAW edition where they played video tribute after tribute. They also had interviews with wrestlers whom were crying their eyes out and told their favorite stories of him.

Astrosdawg07
04-04-2005, 09:44 PM
I'm not much on wrestling.

TheDOCTORdre
04-04-2005, 09:50 PM
I used to be a huge wrestling fan in middle school, but then I grew up, but still it was fun to watch then and now its funny to watch grown men acting out soap operas in their wrestling suits

District303aPastPlayer
04-04-2005, 11:13 PM
\QUOTE]Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
Happened in the mid 90's. Owen Hart was being lowered from the arena rafters when his line snapped. Even though it was a major PPV only a few people actually saw him fall because they were showing a video on the Bigscreen at the arena. And it was edited out of the TV showing becase the shows were tape-delayed back then.

Actually,it happened on May 30,1999 in Kansas City. It happened before the actual PPV. During a stunt when he was being lowered from the rafters on a rig. But he wasn't properly secured in and he fell some 50 feet and hit a ring turnbuckle and broke his neck. At that time,the PPV's were on a tape delay basis. Announcer Jim Ross came on saying that what he was about to say wasn't scripted. That Owen fell and was hurt and weren't quite sure of his condition. He was given CPR in the ring and then rushed to a local hospital. He later died and the PPV audience was given the news. Alot of the wrestlers were visably shaken because he was one of the most loved wrestlers. CEO Vince McMahon was later critized for going on with the show. Some wrestlers wanted to cancel as well but most decided to go on and dedicate it to Owen. I remember most was the follow Monday night RAW edition where they played video tribute after tribute. They also had interviews with wrestlers whom were crying their eyes out and told their favorite stories of him. [/QUOTE]

Actually sirs... it happened during the actual telecast... they turned away from it... but if you look on some of the WWE Desire Videos they show bits and pieces...of him getting CPR and what not...

big daddy russ
04-04-2005, 11:18 PM
...and I could've swore it was on a Monday Night RAW, not a PPV. We used to go over to a buddy's house every Monday night to watch... but I don't think we ever ordered a PPV.

District303aPastPlayer
04-04-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
...and I could've swore it was on a Monday Night RAW, not a PPV. We used to go over to a buddy's house every Monday night to watch... but I don't think we ever ordered a PPV.

it was WWE's No Way Out PPV if i remember correctly... Owen came out as the Blue Blazer

Gobbla2001
04-04-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
it was WWE's No Way Out PPV if i remember correctly... Owen came out as the Blue Blazer

It was a PPV, I remember because we never watched wrestling at my uncles, but would go 'out' to his house for the PPV's, and that's when it happened... And it 'was' during the broadcast, the camera went away...

Holmes_Fans
04-05-2005, 07:42 AM
The camera didn't catch him falling, very few people actually saw him fall because it was dark in the arena and they were showing a video on the Titantron. They then edited it all out of the telecast.

NHSRattler60
04-05-2005, 08:41 AM
John Cena- New Champ

You can't see me!!

Batista won too.

Maroon87
04-05-2005, 09:20 AM
I watched it. Whatcha wanna know??

:)

Did Stone Cold or Rowdy Roddy Piper do anything crazy?

NHSRattler60
04-05-2005, 09:22 AM
beat the crap out of Carlito Carribean Cool

pirate44
04-05-2005, 09:22 AM
Rowdy Roddy?? i hope your kiddin. i know WWE was hurtin and bringin in the AARP wrasslers, but c'mon.

Maroon87
04-05-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
Rowdy Roddy?? i hope your kiddin. i know WWE was hurtin and bringin in the AARP wrasslers, but c'mon.

Nope...saw it on the promo. He was coming back to revive "Piper's Pit."

pirate44
04-05-2005, 09:51 AM
if cindi lauper comes back, i'll know i've seen everything

Maroon87
04-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
beat the crap out of Carlito Carribean Cool

Let me guess...there was a coconut involved, right?

Bandera YaYa
04-05-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I used to be a huge wrestling fan in middle school, but then I grew up, but still it was fun to watch then and now its funny to watch grown men acting out soap operas in their wrestling suits yeah....thought it was a middle school phase......... :p