PDA

View Full Version : Is this where some kids learn violence from

HighSchool Fan
04-04-2005, 05:33 PM
DALLAS (AP) - A high school teacher faces an assault charge after police say she walked into a middle-school classroom, grabbed that teacher's hair, yanked her out of her chair, and dragged her across the room while punching her in the face and kicking her.

According to the police report, Paulette Baines grabbed Mary Oliver in front of the class full of gifted students Friday. Baines was angry because Oliver told her daughter to quit loitering by lockers and go to class, Dallas school district spokesman Donald Claxton said.

Oliver said Baines was yelling at her as she entered the classroom.

"I want you to know I didn't raise a finger. I didn't raise my voice. I didn't do anything to aggravate the situation," Oliver said. "I did everything possible to defuse the situation."

Baines was charged with assault with bodily injury, according to Dallas County Jail records. Baines, 45, was released early Saturday after posting $2,500 bail, a jail official said.

Baines, who was placed on paid administrative leave, did not immediately return a call seeking comment placed by The Associated Press on Monday.

Oliver, who teaches seventh-grade science at a Dallas school for gifted students, said she had bruises on her face, a concussion and two broken ribs.

The incident happened after Oliver talked to Baines' daughter and several other students about going to class. Students are not allowed to be at their lockers during class time, Claxton said.

Oliver said she did not single out Baines' daughter, an eighth-grader. The girl went to the school counselor, who called Baines to tell her what had happened, Claxton said.

lepfan
04-04-2005, 08:09 PM
I am sure this is one of those moms that has a spoiled little brat who does nothing wrong in mommy's eyes. These type are a dime a dozen...but most just have sense enough to keep it verbal and not go the physical route. This is crazy! Throw the book at her...and she should have her teaching license stripped too!!

Bandera YaYa
04-04-2005, 08:44 PM
I bet the mother is illiterate.....I know she is ignorant :mad:

kaorder1999
04-04-2005, 08:59 PM
good to see a non-coach get into trouble. hehe