PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City

jet sweep
04-04-2005, 08:42 AM
Heard Tarver was non-renewed.......any truth to this??

JasperDog94
04-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Surely OC should be able to help us out on this.

kaorder1999
04-04-2005, 09:46 AM
thats been happening in a lot of places lately

middleagecardinal
04-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by jet sweep
Heard Tarver was non-renewed.......any truth to this??

That's the rumor.....

ej2525
04-04-2005, 01:56 PM
I heard the same through the vine!!

Old Cardinal
04-04-2005, 04:46 PM
I am hearing it's more than a rumor--but right now I would day it is still a rumor until publically disclosed...

exbccards76'smom
04-04-2005, 04:52 PM
It is not a rumor. Coach Tarver was not renewed. He will coach this year,though. The way it works, the school board may not renew you one day, then turnaround and renew you the next. I hear Tarver is taking it well.

Old Cardinal
04-04-2005, 05:05 PM
I am hearing it's more than a rumor--but right now I would say it is still a rumor until publically disclosed...I think that they can renew his contract at a later day. It's a two year contract anyway so he will be the Coach at BC next year irregardless. He is a nice gentleman and I think he might be about ready to retire anyway.

tiger mama
04-04-2005, 06:10 PM
Coach Tarver is a fine gentleman and a great persona dnd coach. Any school would be very lucky to have him as a coach. Bridge City would be making a big mistake to let him go. I have known him almost all of my life and once said that he was the only person that I would let my son play football for. I changed my mind and let him play for Bobby McGallion. Bridge City has had a really good athletic program under Coach Tarver from everything that I have personally seen and heard.

X21AAAPlayer
04-04-2005, 07:54 PM
yeah but if you don't win state in football within 3 years they come for your head....

bccards
04-04-2005, 09:33 PM
Old Card: It's definately not a rumor, I was at the school board meeting when they did not renew Coach Tarver, Principal Terry Stuebing, and Maintenance Joe Sanders contracts. It was listed in the papers as well.

bccards
02-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Monday night at the Bridge City School Board meeting high school principal Terry Stuebing and athletic director Claude Tarver both received two year extensions. This follows the board giving them only one year extensions last year. Both said they still don't know why they were only given one year extensions after favorable reviews. Stuebing is in his 32nd year with the district and Tarver has been at Bridge City since 2002.

Haunta Yo
02-20-2006, 11:42 PM
7 typical school board members below:

:mad: :doh: :confused: :rolleyes::crazy: :foul: :smoker:

3ABirdMan
02-21-2006, 09:04 AM
From memory - I really can't say how much is rumor or fact:

The BC Superintendant resigned around December of 2004. At the time the contracts came up for renewal, we were under an interum Superintendant.

I had heard last year (2004-2005) that the Board did not renew those contracts because they wanted the new Superintendant, who was not yet hired by the district at the time, to have input in the decision. Both positions were still under contract, so we were not at risk of losing the individuals. The favorable reviews let both men know where the board stood on their performance.

Now, our new Super has been there for over a year, and the contracts were again discussed, and renewed.

Again, some or all of this may be fact OR fiction. I'm not on the Board, but am simply relaying information as I recall it.

wos fan1
02-21-2006, 09:27 AM
www.kogt.com

Monday night at the Bridge City School Board meeting high school principal Terry Stuebing and athletic director Claude Tarver both received two year extensions. This follows the board giving them only one year extensions last year. Both said they still don't know why they were only given one year extensions after favorable reviews. Stuebing is in his 32nd year with the district and Tarver has been at Bridge City since 2002.