PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 3-0 vs Columbus 3-0 ?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-03-2005, 09:47 PM
This game is on Tuesday in Bellville, Bellville is almost unbeatable when there ace, L Luedge is on the mound, the problem with that is he pitched Friday at Rice, He is the best pitcher in the District. looks like Columbus will catch a break this round, and will not have to see him. Bellville will have to get some good pitching out of some younger players to stay in this one without Luedge. Luedge will be up on Friday at Sealy.

Bellville22
04-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Columbus won't see Luetge this round, and I kinda hope they don't see him next round either. Bellville's main goal needs to be making the playoffs. 2 losses to Columbus and 1 other loss would get them in. The Brahmas must beat Sealy twice and Rice once more with Luetge on the hill. Even if he starts vs. Columbus, that doesn't assure a win, and a loss w/ him on the mound could hurt.

This is strictly my opinion, but if it were up to me I wouldn't throw Luetge either time against Columbus, nor would I throw him next round vs. Navasota (scheduling probably won't allow that anyway). I throw him this Friday vs. Sealy, then vs. Rice and Sealy the next round. Win those and take care of Hempstead, and the Bulls should find themselves in the playoffs, even if they lose 2 to Columbus and 1 to Navasota.

My two cents.

BrahmaMom
04-03-2005, 10:15 PM
I'll add my two cents and agree with you, B22. Go Brahmas!!

CheerMom
04-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Good Luck to the Brahmas!!

Bull's-eye
04-04-2005, 01:32 PM
:thinking: This is why coaches pull their hair out. I mostly agree, but I would like to see Luetge pitch against Navasota, Rice and Sealy in the second round. I have a feeling Navasota will be in the hunt for one of those play-off positions. Don't really like conceding a shot at the title, but the smart thing is making sure you make the play-offs. I'm sure their will be more twists and turns, and weather may play a part in this race.

Here's a few questions: Who is scheduled to pitch for Columbus? Is he their ace or do they more than one outstanding pitchers? If Bellville's bats score some runs, would you bring in Luetge to save a small lead? :thinking:

Bellville22
04-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Problem with Luetge pitching Tuesday is rest for that left arm. With 17 K's the other night, I'm fairly certain that he threw well over 100 pitches. You'd like to see him get more rest, especially when you're going to ask him to do the same thing vs. Sealy this Friday. Sure, if you have a lead in the 7th, I say bring him in to try and shut the door, and pick up that huge win, but otherwise it's tough to ask that of him.

As for the 2nd Round, 'Bulls-Eye'.... I agree with you, I too would like to see him face those 3 schools, however, if my understanding of the schedule is correct, Navasota falls the Tuesday after Sealy, so there again you'd be in a situation with short rest. Granted he wouldn't be asked to pitch that following game vs. Hempstead, so a few inning may be reasonable. In my scenario, Luetge would be rested 2 games (Nav. and Hemp), then pitch vs. Rice and Sealy in the 2nd round.

And lets remember that baseball is a team game (I know Cerny thinks this way). I don't want it to sound like everything rides on one left arm, because we all know it doesn't. Several other pitchers are capable of coming up with some good outings, and the offense must produce regardless of who's on the mound. But from a coaching standpoint, and regarding Bellville's situation, you'd like to win the games that Luetge throws. Best of luck to the Brahmas.

BrahmaMom
04-04-2005, 07:06 PM
The other factor that is just an observation from one mom over years of watching is that lefties tend to wind down toward the end of a season. We have a history of overthrowing pitchers, I sure don't want us to continue that trend. Luetge has an arm and a career ahead, I don't want to endanger that. I sure would like to see someone else develop for the Brahmas to take the pressure off Lucas. And, besides the offense producing, let's not forget the defense behind whoever happens to be on the mound. Go Brahmas!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Word is Luetge will pitch in Sealy on Friday, get 3 days rest and pitch at home vs Navasota on Tuesday.
If Bellville can gets a lead vs Columbus and can hold on till the late innings, you might see him pitch tonight.

Bellville22
04-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Word is Luetge will pitch in Sealy on Friday, get 3 days rest and pitch at home vs Navasota on Tuesday.
If Bellville can gets a lead vs Columbus and can hold on till the late innings, you might see him pitch tonight.

I hate to see him pitch like that on short rest. I'm sure he will be asked to go deep into the game Friday at Sealy. 3 days is not alot of rest for an 18-yr old arm after 100+ pitches. I wonder how effective he will be. Of course looking at the schedule, he wouldn't be asked to pitch again after Navasota until a week and a half later, as there is a Tuesday with no game between Hempstead and Rice.

Should be interesting. I'm sure Luetge and Cerny have discussed and will discuss this, and I know the best interest of this young man will be kept in mind.

And yea, if in a position where the Brahmas have the lead in the last inning tonight, I would fully expect to see Luetge come try to close out what would be a huge win.

Bellville22
04-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Columbus 3, Bellville 1 - 3rd Inning

Raider4ever
04-05-2005, 08:58 PM
any1 have anything on the Raiders tonight?