View Full Version : Heck of a deal???

Gobbla2001
04-03-2005, 03:57 PM
So I'm outside and this kid walks up...

"Excuse me sir, would you like to purchase a raffle ticket?"

I say to the kid:

"What is it for?"

He says:

"Well, you'll either win a 1988 Toyota Corolla" (I'm thinking 'whoopty-doo)...

"Or 100 bucks" (I'm thinking 'that isn't too bad I guess')

"Or two boxes of 20 beers" (I'm thinking 'hmmm, got a little better there at the end)...

So I ask him what the raffle tickets would be raising money for...

He says:

"I don't know, those people wanted me to sell 'em..." (I'm thinking 'what people?)

So I as him how much they cost...

He says:

"$25.00"

Now I'm thinking, okay, I can get an '88 Toyota Corolla, 100 bucks (75 after forking over an arm and leg for this raffle), or, as he put it, "Two boxes of 20 beers"...

Turns out he doesn't even have tickets, just a notebook with names scribbled in it etc... and I really didn't feel like saying 'no, get out of here' because he seemed like he knew he was selling a crappy product, which looked very depressing to me (though I had to control myself from laughing)

So I asked him how much longer he would be selling them for, he said they'd be doing this for the next couple of weeks, so I told him to come back by in a few weeks....

Apparently he didn't take that as a smart comment, he really thought I would buy one once the raffle was over, so he tried to get me to put my name on the paper but I said 'I'd think about it'...

What is this world coming to? A random raffle? Atleast I got my laugh for the day...

Oh, and even if I didn't win I'd get to come to this BBQ...

I think I'll just show up anyway to see just what in the hell these people are up to...

An '88 Toyota Carolla, haha

pirate44
04-03-2005, 04:42 PM
LOL:clap: