PDA

View Full Version : Marlinfan did yall do your "Motivational Display" last night?

Pudlugger
12-08-2002, 09:46 AM
Just wondering if yall did that little dance number in front of the Bellville team before the coin toss like yall did to La Grange. I bet there was precious little dancing after the game, am I right? :p :p :p

Thanks to the Bellville Brahmas for showing real class and taking it to the Dancin' Bulldog Marlin bunch. Bellville has the focus and discipline to win it all. And I hope Bellville does win state, even though we share a pretty intense rivilry between ourselves. The Leps are in the weight room now working on next season's run! :rolleyes:

MARLINFAN
12-08-2002, 11:06 AM
WELL ACUTALLY NO BECAUSE THE REFS STOPED THE TEAM BEFORE THEY STARTED. BUT SINCE YOU WANT TO TALK AFTER THE MARLIN AND LAGRANGE GAME WAS THEIR A LOT OF DANCING. YOU KNOW WHAT WHAT WAS LAGRANGE SCORE LAST NIGHT.OPPSYALL GOT BEAT BLOW OUT STYLE. AT LEAST WE WERE NOT BLOWED OUT WE LOST A GAME THAT ANYBODY COULD HAVE WON .BUT SINCE YOU WANT TO TALK AT THE END OF THE GAME THE REF S DIDT KNOW WHAT TO CALL.A REF CALLED THE UIL AND SAID THAT HE CALLED A TD BUT THE OTHER ONES FROM ACROSS THE FIELD SAID HE DIDT SO IF U DONT BELIEVE ME CONTACT THE UIL AND SEE.SO TO ALL THE HATERS THAT WANTED US TO FALL WE DID BUT YOU KNOW WHAT NEXT YEAR JUST LIKE WE TOOK OUT LG WELL BE BACK TO TAKE OUT BELLVILLE :mad: :mad: :mad:

Pudlugger
12-08-2002, 11:59 AM
I'm glad the Refs intervened last night. That "motivational display" should not be tolerated, it encourages unsportsmanlike conduct. The refs should have thrown a flag before the coin toss for delay of game at the very least, or unsportsmanlike conduct IMO. If ya'll try that cheap shot next year the Leps will be ready, you can count on that. The Leps will spend some time watching the game film and I bet the coaches loop that scene over and over to get them in their proper game face. The Leps have as many quality players back next year as ya'll, so I would not be surprised if we get another shot at ya'll in round three. Better start working in the weight room 'cause I know the Leps are already getting down to serious off season preparation. :mad: :mad:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-08-2002, 02:02 PM
Hey Pud, good to hear from you! There was hardley any Jive Dancing last night, Marlin was only in the lead one time, that was in one of the overtimes, so Bellville did not give the Dogs a whole lot of oppertunities to dance, Yes a team that dances around like Marlin does shows no class, I am sure I am not the only one that feels that way? One time last night one of the Marlin players , after a good hit by the Bulldogs, looked up at the Bellville side, and fans and ran his hand through his throat I guess he meant the cut throat sigh? Is that any class? And to the Marlin poster that has to keep rubbing it in about beating La Grange, drop it, the game is over!, and it does not matter any more, because your season is over also!
Bellville played like a State Champ caliber team last night, they showed a lot of class!!
Go Bellville Win State!!!!!!

LG-all-the-way
12-08-2002, 04:05 PM
eek! OHH, WHAT A GAME BELLVILLE BRAHMAS !
TO THE PERSON THAT HAD THE POST ASKING
IF MARLIN COULD BE STOPPED...........I
THINK THEY HAVE THEIR ANSWER NOW "YES".I THINK THE BRAHMAS AND LG MAKE A HELL OF A TEAM LOL! (GOTTA GET THROUGH BOTH TO GET ANYWHERE)

TO THE MARLINFAN LOL, DON'T EVER "OVER-ESTIMATE"
YOUR VICTORIES IF YOU HAVEN'T EARNED THEM YET! WHAT I MEAN IS THAT YOU GAVE YOUR TEAM TOOOOO MUCH CREDIT!! DARN I THINK UR LITTLE DANCE WAS UR LUCKY CHARM LOL, AND SINCE YOU DIDN'T DO IT LAST NIGHT GUESS YOU DIDN'T GET THE RESULTS YOU WANTED! BUT HEY NOW I THINK WE'RE EVEN 1-1 SEE YOU NEXT SEASON. :D

THANKS BRAHMAS FOR WINNING WITH "CLASS" !

sportsfan03
12-08-2002, 09:28 PM
He who laughs loudest does not laugh very long...in other words MARLINFAN was humbled. MARLINFAN needs to learn how to take a victory without trashing others. I hope he has learned his lesson. Now look who is laughing at YOU. EVERYONE!!!!hahaha

eagles_11
12-08-2002, 10:33 PM
im glad bellville shut marlin up and they have to say they got cheated but w/e they lost congrats bellville and marlin yall had a great season better luck next year

Brahma73
12-09-2002, 12:40 AM
Pudlugger:
Just wondering if yall did that little dance number in front of the Bellville team before the coin toss like yall did to La Grange. I bet there was precious little dancing after the game, am I right? :p :p :p

Thanks to the Bellville Brahmas for showing real class and taking it to the Dancin' Bulldog Marlin bunch. Bellville has the focus and discipline to win it all. And I hope Bellville does win state, even though we share a pretty intense rivilry between ourselves. The Leps are in the weight room now working on next season's run! :rolleyes: Thanks for the props, Pud! Glad ya'll are behind us. I like the mutual respect between us rivals.

Do you have any idea what Marlin dude was talking about in the post after your 1st one above? Do they teach grammar at Marlin?????

Good Luck Leps in 03!

drthornell
12-09-2002, 10:45 AM
It amazes me how some people take pleasure in a team that trounced their team getting beat. Pudlugger, Marlin had never done this circle dance before the Newton game. I would be more concerned about your game plan to run the clock out when you were behind 21-0 in the 1st half. I was amazed that a team with the winning tradition of La Grange would quit in a game at this level. What kind of message does this send to kids.

I remember when La Grange beat Marlin a couple of years ago. Marlin fans pulled for La Grange to win and were happy when yall won state. I believe your attitude is not indicative of most La Grange fans. They have more class.

PS i wasnt going to post this until you put this on, thought it was better to ignore it. Apologize to folks for stooping to your level.

drthornell
12-09-2002, 10:46 AM
It amazes me how some people take pleasure in a team that trounced their team getting beat. Pudlugger, Marlin had never done this circle dance before the Newton game. I would be more concerned about your game plan to run the clock out when you were behind 21-0 in the 1st half. I was amazed that a team with the winning tradition of La Grange would quit in a game at this level. What kind of message does this send to kids.

I remember when La Grange beat Marlin a couple of years ago. Marlin fans pulled for La Grange to win and were happy when yall won state. I believe your attitude is not indicative of most La Grange fans. They have more class.

PS i wasnt going to post this until you put this on, thought it was better to ignore it. Apologize to folks for stooping to your level.

BigBrother70
12-09-2002, 01:26 PM
drthornell:

PS i wasnt going to post this until you put this on, thought it was better to ignore it. Apologize to folks for stooping to your level.I saw the dance last year in a game, so this was not the 1st or last time they will probably do it
All season the Pudlugger has given his own opinion about games, and that is what it is his opinion.
I know alot of people from La Grange and also their coach. They have a winning tradition that alot envy. They went farther with less than most teams this year :cool:

Pudlugger
12-09-2002, 01:37 PM
drthornell:

PS i wasnt going to post this until you put this on, thought it was better to ignore it. Apologize to folks for stooping to your level.Well Drthornell, you need to get your facts straight: the score at the half was 21-7 so I don't see why Coach V needs to throw out the running game in the third quarter. There was plenty of time to make up 2 tds, and LG is a running team for the most part. As for being happy that Marlin got beaten by Bellville, so what. I happen to want Bellville to win as I respect them. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is classless. What is classless is the way Marlin came on the field when the LG team was lined up on the sidelines and the 4 captains and refs were waiting at the hash marks while the Marlin team did a team dance on our side of the field (I reviewed the tape they were circled at the 45 between mid-field and the LG hash mark). That was classless. [If it was meant solely for their motivation why do it next to our team on our side of the field while our guys are patiently waiting to get the coin toss? Do it on your own side of the field and don't hold up the game in the process.] Strutting your stuff, getting in players faces, shoving players for making legal blocks on you, and celebrating hits just strikes me as the wrong message to the players and fans who honor good sportsmanship and discipline. Marlin was fired up and wanted to even the score over our beating them in 2000. However, the image they projected to those who witnessed the game was one of disrespect and overt hostility. [Question: why did Marlin attempt a field goal with 3 seconds left in the game rather than take a knee?) As for Marlin fans pulling for La Grange in 2000, I can only say that they haven't shown up on this board in the past year or so I've visited it. I can't recall any posts from Marlin fans on this site showing any respect for LG, only the desire to avenge what they considered an undeserved win (do to the wind or lucky breaks or whatever). So please don't try to take the high ground on that issue because you come in here late with your indignation and don't know what's gone down before you. :mad:
Right now it is history. Marlin beat La Grange. We will need to work harder to get back in the play-offs next season and win against Marlin. Meanwhile I am happy Bellville is going on in the play-offs as I fell they are more deserving.

Amos Moses
12-09-2002, 01:55 PM
Big Brother70
You're just mad because you don't get a COKE at halftime when your big $ss is tired from doing as little as you can when you are calling a game.
Your home town of Elgin would scratch you if they had to. You are a wanta be. Your are a disgrace to your chapter. You might want to buy a new cap your melon is to big for the one you have its cutting off the blood to your tiny brain. Go cry up at Elgin High School.Go ahead and reply get your cheap shot in on Marlin. You will get no reply here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drthornell
12-09-2002, 02:27 PM
Pudluger,
You are right. After reviewing the film, the motivational display was totally devastating to the La Grange players. I have personally called UIL officials to complain. I did not realize what a potent weapon this was. The officials not allowing Marlin to do this voodoo move in the Bellville game probably saved them from an equally disaterous game.

PS when do you think your cat will be able to show its face again?

turbostud
12-09-2002, 03:11 PM
There is a team down here in the Rio Grande Valley called the Donna Redskins who do this type of thing. But, they do it during warmups not right before the coin toss. They all gather at midfield and do a war dance similar to Florida State. I do not find this disrespectful. But if they did it the way Marlin did that is a different story. When I was in highschool at the regional track meet in Stephenville a friend of mine had qualified in the High Jump. The favorite to win the meet took it upon himself to showboat and try to intimidate each competitor during warmups. Guess who made it to state? my bud. Guess who did'nt. The kid from Mart who tried the intimidation thing. This kind of stuff usually ends up costing the person or team alot in the long run.

drthornell
12-09-2002, 03:14 PM
Pudluger,
You are right. After reviewing the film, the motivational display was totally devastating to the La Grange players. I have personally called UIL officials to complain. I did not realize what a potent weapon this was. The officials not allowing Marlin to do this voodoo move in the Bellville game probably saved them from an equally disaterous game.

PS when do you think your cat will be able to show its face again?

Pudlugger
12-09-2002, 05:56 PM
drthornell:
Pudluger,

PS when do you think your cat will be able to show its face again?LOL Yeah it was the dance. Powerful VooDoo wrecked our mojo. Bad Chi or whatever. Maybe we need a VooDoo lesson or two at LG! :D
OK, Peace out! :)

p.s. two g's in Pudlugger. "Pudluger" is a short fat German pistol I think.

Pudlugger
12-09-2002, 06:06 PM
Oh yeah, about the Leopard thing, football season is over for LG so he's back with the rest of the Pride waiting for next year's hunt. 11-2 is a pretty good run this year even though Marlin beat us this time around. Ya'll had a great season too going 11-3 against such a tough schedule including wins over Ennis and Newton. I'm sure yal'll will be back next year so we better get ready. :)

BigBrother70
12-09-2002, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Amos Moses:
[QB]Big Brother70
You're just mad because you don't get a COKE at halftime when your big $ss is tired from doing as little as you can when you are calling a game.
Your home town of Elgin would scratch you if they had to. You are a wanta be. Your are a disgrace to your chapter. You might want to buy a new cap your melon is to big for the one you have its cutting off the blood to your tiny brain. Go cry up at Elgin High School.Go ahead and reply get your cheap shot in on Marlin. You will get no reply here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea but I WILL get the last laugh just wait and see

BigBrother70
12-10-2002, 05:19 AM
I am quite amused by your post Amos.
Let start by saying this, I don't drink cokes at halftime so that blows your whole statement out of the water.
You seem to have your Sticker out to peck me, that is fine but do it in person, evidently you had your chance and didn't
As far as being a wantabe? Thats your own opinion, but remember this, an old coach once told me" a good coach takes the blame for himself, an average coach puts the blame elsewhere" I guess we know where you stand. Any more comments shold be made to me in person, but since Im sure the Vet used masculators on you, I don't have to worry about that. Im in the book if you have anymore to say.

snotbubble
12-10-2002, 10:47 AM
Well said BigBrother. Amos, I am curious. Did you get flagged by BigBrother for your monkey dance? Only reason I can come up with for you to attack him on this board. I have seen him call games and have been in games that he has called. He and his crew did an excellent job. I also have it on good authority that he has been asked by several other chapters to leave his present chapter and join theirs. A permanent "scratch" from his "hometown school" is not the kind of official that gets invited to the next level, so you might to un-wad your panties and check your facts. :D :D :D