View Full Version : Softball scores 4/1-2/05

18handicap
04-02-2005, 03:38 AM
25-AAA will play on Saturday

Other scores that I saw:
Gonzales 6, Hallettsville 3
Yoakum 15, Luling 0
Edna 5, Cuero 4 (8)

Here's something interesting.......I saw the New Braunfels - Dripping Springs game Friday night and on the way back home, I went through Wimberley. I saw the lights on at the softball field and stopped just to check it out. Wimberley was playing Brady and it was the 7th inning with Wimberley up 8-2. Figured I would get to see an inning just out of curiosity. Brady scored 11 runs in the top of the 7th and won the game 13-9. One of the most unbelieveable comebacks I've seen in a very long time.

LH Panther Mom
04-02-2005, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Here's something interesting.......I saw the New Braunfels - Dripping Springs game Friday night and on the way back home, I went through Wimberley. I saw the lights on at the softball field and stopped just to check it out. Wimberley was playing Brady and it was the 7th inning with Wimberley up 8-2. Figured I would get to see an inning just out of curiosity. Brady scored 11 runs in the top of the 7th and won the game 13-9. One of the most unbelieveable comebacks I've seen in a very long time.

Wow! That's incredible.

LH girls defeated Ingram 20-1 last night. We are undefeated in district play. WTG girls! :clap:

pirate4state
04-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Sinton 8 Ingleside 4

PhiI C
04-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Sorry I'm late 18. Sinton 8 Ingleside 5

Bellville22
04-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Bellville 5, Rice Cons. 0

Bellville moves to 5-0 in district play, and remains in the driver's seat for the district crown.

some1
04-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Sealy Girls defeated Navasota Last night 4-2 to move into 2nd place in district 20 at 4-1 right behind bellville

CRHSeagle
04-02-2005, 02:45 PM
castleberry 18
ranchview 0
3 innings

PhiI C
04-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Last night it was Falfurrias 11 San Diego 1

Goliad 12 Mathis 0

Aransas Pass 4 Orange Grove 3

Today Saturday it was 4A Beeville 5 3A Sinton 1.

Old Cardinal
04-02-2005, 04:35 PM
Softball: Bridge City 4 WO-S 0 That was the 4th perfect game pitched in a row for BC in District. Three by Meagan Godwin including this Friday night and one perfect game by Elena Clinton two games back. BC hit into two line-drive double plays with the bases loaded; thus the lower score for the night. Today(Saturday) they beat 4A Vidor in a non-District game 5-1 winning pitcher was Freshman placement pitcher Shandi Conner who kept the pressure on the Pirates.

Friday night BC boys knocked 4 home runs and won 12-2 in FIVE innings. Cody Sparks, Ben Myers, Kevin Angelle and Hunter "Homerun" Hays topped the fence. Estimates are that Hays hit one over 440'; it topped the tallow trees back of the park and hit a roof in a housing complex behind right-center field. There was a 40 mph wind coming from behind home plate however. Kirk Vincent was the only one of the regular home run hitters that did not get one last night. Game after game these guys are hitting HRs now.

Hupernikomen
04-02-2005, 04:54 PM
BC teams are looking very strong indeed OC.

Jdog and I witnessed the Jasper/Coldspring game last night. Jasper won that contest 10-0 in 5 innings. Junior pitcher last named Alvis, pitched a complete game 1 hitter (maybe it was two we were talking a lot). Jasper's team hit the ball hard all night. Baserunning seems to be a bit shaky for the bulldogs.

District record is at 3-0 for the young Bulldog team. I understand they have a total of 5 players that are upperclassmen on the entire squad.

44INAROW
04-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Interesting tid-bit of info about the Cuero girls....... the coach had a baby Weds evening and was at the game coaching Friday night..... Baby and grandma watched from the car :) Now that's dedication :clap:

Old Cardinal
04-02-2005, 05:40 PM
Hup, Sounds like Jasper is maturing a lot! Who do you think they will meet in Bi-district?

18handicap
04-02-2005, 11:30 PM
25-AAA from Saturday

Needville 10, Stafford 0
Columbia 4, Palacios 0
Wharton 7, Sweeny 1

registered
04-02-2005, 11:38 PM
I was at the game and it looked like Wharton was hitting the ball very well. Their pitcher had 2 doubles and an over the fence home run. Sweeny tried to rally and had a lot of runners on base, but could never get a big hit like Wharton.

There was some commotion near the Sweeny dugout that I could see. Looked like the coach and a parent were getting into it pretty good. I heard that the parent was against the dugout running his mouth and the coach tried to run him off and looked like they might fight. Embarrassing, but I don't think people should be allowed to stand against the dugout running their mouths. I don't think the coaches get to come to the parents' jobs and tell them what to do.

Ray_BearKat
04-03-2005, 12:22 AM
hey Phil, did you happen to catch the Bishop - Raymondville game scores on the news?

RiverRatDad
04-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Great point Reg - coaches need enclosed dugouts to keep their teams insulated from upset parents, boyfriends, and wanna be coaches during games. Coach Hicks is too good of a softball coach to let irate parents get to him, and I thought he and the Sweeny administrator handlled the situation as well as they could.
You are right about the Wharton pitcher. That's 2 HR in her last 2 ball games, and she hasn't given up an earned run in either game. The Lady Tigers are having to grow up in a hurry, and last night's game was a big step for them.

LH Panther Mom
04-03-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by registered
There was some commotion near the Sweeny dugout that I could see. Looked like the coach and a parent were getting into it pretty good. I heard that the parent was against the dugout running his mouth and the coach tried to run him off and looked like they might fight. Embarrassing, but I don't think people should be allowed to stand against the dugout running their mouths. I don't think the coaches get to come to the parents' jobs and tell them what to do.

That is ridiculous! If a parent has a problem with the coach, they need to take it up with them at school during office hours. Parents have absolutely no business close to the dugout during a game. I'm sure their precious child was not getting enough play time. http://www.smilieland.com/graphics4/tears.gif http://www.smilieland.com/graphics4/tears.gif

Rockdale Tiger
04-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Rockdale 4
La Grange 2

registered
04-03-2005, 10:19 AM
No, it had NOTHING to do with playing time. The parent's daughter is a freshman on the varsity who is starting and is doing a great job. Looks like her dad is demanding of her and tried to voice his opinions on what the coach should and shouldn't do. Found out through the grapevine that he was mad that the coach didn't protest enough when his daughter was called out trying to steal 3rd base. I saw the coach go out and argue the call for a long time -- what is he supposed to do, get thrown out of the game and get in trouble with the administration and the UIL?? This parent won't stay away from the dugout and looks like nobody would move him and when he popped off at the young female assistant coach, the head coach had enough. This wasn't the first time I heard. Looked like the Wharton coach had to get the umpire's attention to get the adminstration to assist the coach. Also heard that the mother and grandmother convinced the coach that they were very supportive of the coach and for him to continue doing his job. I heard that her dad tries to do the same thing with the track coaches too.

PhiI C
04-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
hey Phil, did you happen to catch the Bishop - Raymondville game scores on the news?

Unfortunately Ray I haven't got those scores. I haven't got the baseball score between Mathis and Goliad either. :(

GOFOR2
04-03-2005, 12:36 PM
No, it had NOTHING to do with playing time. The parent's daughter is a freshman on the varsity who is starting and is doing a great job. Looks like her dad is demanding of her and tried to voice his opinions on what the coach should and shouldn't do. Found out through the grapevine that he was mad that the coach didn't protest enough when his daughter was called out trying to steal 3rd base. I saw the coach go out and argue the call for a long time -- what is he supposed to do, get thrown out of the game and get in trouble with the administration and the UIL?? This parent won't stay away from the dugout and looks like nobody would move him and when he popped off at the young female assistant coach, the head coach had enough. This wasn't the first time I heard. Looked like the Wharton coach had to get the umpire's attention to get the adminstration to assist the coach. Also heard that the mother and grandmother convinced the coach that they were very supportive of the coach and for him to continue doing his job. I heard that her dad tries to do the same thing with the track coaches too.

Ban that parent. Maybe he'll learn to keep his mouth shut.
How often does Coach Hicks go to that guys work to complain about his performance.

Ray_BearKat
04-03-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Unfortunately Ray I haven't got those scores. I haven't got the baseball score between Mathis and Goliad either. :(

Thats cool Phil, the score was in todays paper...it was Raymondville 5 Bishop 4.

bmbf_06
04-04-2005, 08:22 AM
There was some commotion near the Sweeny dugout that I could see. Looked like the coach and a parent were getting into it pretty good. I heard that the parent was against the dugout running his mouth and the coach tried to run him off and looked like they might fight. Embarrassing, but I don't think people should be allowed to stand against the dugout running their mouths. I don't think the coaches get to come to the parents' jobs and tell them what to do. [/B][/QUOTE]

Didnt that happen last year when sweeny came to wharton???

Phil C
04-04-2005, 08:55 AM
A lot of those dugouts were not designed properly and the stands were not adequate. I know Sinton has a nice softball field but the dugouts are too open to the stands on one side and the seats are right by the open dugout. The dugouts should have been more enclosed. Also they put the snake bar right in front of the home plate where they could have had more stands for fans to sit. They did put some big stands on the other side of the dugout but about 1/3 of the space is useless because you can't see the pitcher or batter because of the dugouts lol. That is why careful planning is needed when get a new field. But when you have an open dugout most fans here try not to interfear with the coach but sometimes it is difficult to not yell encouragement to the players when it is so open even though that is important to not interupt the coaches' communication with the players in my opinion.

scrub c
04-04-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
Ban that parent. Maybe he'll learn to keep his mouth shut.
How often does Coach Hicks go to that guys work to complain about his performance.

that dad probably dont have a job.

coachingislife
04-04-2005, 09:44 AM
It is a strange situation, high school baseball and softball. Can you imagine a parent going on to the football field to the bench to talk to a coach or player? How many volleyball games did a parent come to the floor and discuss a play? Have you seen a basketball parent come to the court to tell the kids to get into a zone press? You may say that you have seen some of these instances to occur on occasion, but not like in high school baseball and softball. Parents need to realize that coaches have a job to do that they get paid for. Let them do their job. This Little League mentality has got to stop. I haven't seen too many fans go to the dugout of an Astros or Rangers game and tell those managers how to coach? No they are paid to do a job and they do it. So are High School Coaches!

Sinton94
04-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Sorry I'm late 18. Sinton 8 Ingleside 5

Phil the paper said
Sinton 8 Ingleside 4.

Phil C
04-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Phil the paper said
Sinton 8 Ingleside 4.

That is right 94. It was 8 to 4. Now if you could just give us the Mathis vs Goliad baseball score from last Friday night!

AP Panther Fan
04-04-2005, 12:33 PM

According to the Caller Times in baseball, Mathis 10 - Goliad 2.

In a non-district (wouldn't you know) game, AP 17 - Beeville 7

registered
04-04-2005, 02:07 PM
bmbf,
I really hope that you are not thinking that the problem Saturday night was the coach's fault. Seems like since you said there was a problem last year in Wharton too, that you might be insinduating that the coach is the problem. I know this -- when a couple of the players were cheering their coach on because of the idiot by the dugout, I don't think it would be the coach's fault. In fact, I applaud him for standing up for his rights as a man.

I know for a fact that his girls love him and he is very dedicated to his girls and to the sport of softball. Heard he spent most of today at the hospital because his blood pressure was so high that everyone thought he was having a stroke. I was told that his blood pressure was as high as 210/160 before the game (and he wasn't doing anything).

Phil C
04-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
According to the Caller Times in baseball, Mathis 10 - Goliad 2.

In a non-district (wouldn't you know) game, AP 17 - Beeville 7

Thank you for the information AP!

18handicap
04-04-2005, 10:46 PM
I appreciate the concern that people are giving me. Here's the scoop......I have been really exhausted and after getting back late from a scouting trip Friday night, I didn't sleep well because I was trying to sleep and watch television about our Pope. So I went to the field on Saturday to work on it for the game that night and I probably overdid it and my body tried to shut me down. Yes, I did have a BP of 210 / 150 before the game and some things that went on probably elevated it more. I really felt bad all day Sunday and tried to go to school on Monday, but my administrator told me to go to the doctor, which I did. My BP there was 160/110, so he put on 2 medications right away and ordered me to rest. But I went to practice anyway (they'll have to put me in the hospital for me to miss), but the girls wouldn't let me do a whole lot -- they are so great to me! We had a JV game, but our trainer made me leave after one inning. I've rested all evening until I received several phone calls, so now that it's 11, I hope to get a good night's rest.

I'm feeling somewhat better, but not great yet. Hopefully this medicine will take some of the pressure that I've been feeling in my head and will let me rest and recover some.

Thanks again,
BH

PhiI C
04-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Hang in there 18 and don't neglect your bp medicine and doctor's advice.

LH Panther Mom
04-05-2005, 07:09 AM
Hopefully the meds will do their magic soon. Glad to see you're better, Coach.

bmbf_06
04-05-2005, 08:19 AM
bmbf,
I really hope that you are not thinking that the problem Saturday night was the coach's fault. Seems like since you said there was a problem last year in Wharton too, that you might be insinduating that the coach is the problem. I know this -- when a couple of the players were cheering their coach on because of the idiot by the dugout, I don't think it would be the coach's fault. In fact, I applaud him for standing up for his rights as a man.

I know for a fact that his girls love him and he is very dedicated to his girls and to the sport of softball. Heard he spent most of today at the hospital because his blood pressure was so high that everyone thought he was having a stroke. I was told that his blood pressure was as high as 210/160 before the game (and he wasn't doing anything).

i wasnt saying it was the coaches fault....i was there and i didnt really know what exactly was going on.....i just remembered that the same type of thing had happened in wharton last year--it could have been something completely different....i was just wondering---o there is no doubt that his girls love him.....i think the sweeny coaches are pretty cool myself!!

bmbf_06
04-05-2005, 08:21 AM
I appreciate the concern that people are giving me. Here's the scoop......I have been really exhausted and after getting back late from a scouting trip Friday night, I didn't sleep well because I was trying to sleep and watch television about our Pope. So I went to the field on Saturday to work on it for the game that night and I probably overdid it and my body tried to shut me down. Yes, I did have a BP of 210 / 150 before the game and some things that went on probably elevated it more. I really felt bad all day Sunday and tried to go to school on Monday, but my administrator told me to go to the doctor, which I did. My BP there was 160/110, so he put on 2 medications right away and ordered me to rest. But I went to practice anyway (they'll have to put me in the hospital for me to miss), but the girls wouldn't let me do a whole lot -- they are so great to me! We had a JV game, but our trainer made me leave after one inning. I've rested all evening until I received several phone calls, so now that it's 11, I hope to get a good night's rest.

I'm feeling somewhat better, but not great yet. Hopefully this medicine will take some of the pressure that I've been feeling in my head and will let me rest and recover some.

Thanks again,
BH

sry to hear that.....hope you feel better soon!

BTEXDAD
04-05-2005, 08:27 AM

Thanks again,
BH

You need to take a day off and work on getting that 18 handicap down a little lower. Of course that can be stressful also.
Just kidding. Best wishes!

18handicap
04-05-2005, 08:30 AM
I guess the meds are working very fast. This morning after my 2nd dose of the medicines, the school nurse took my BP and it was 110/60, a lot different than the 160/110 of yesterday. I do feel very tired though -- guess that's the drastic change in BP. Is that right for the BP to drop that much? I hope that it's ok.

LH Panther Mom
04-05-2005, 08:35 AM
I guess the meds are working very fast. This morning after my 2nd dose of the medicines, the school nurse took my BP and it was 110/60, a lot different than the 160/110 of yesterday. I do feel very tired though -- guess that's the drastic change in BP. Is that right for the BP to drop that much? I hope that it's ok.

The tiredness should go away soon, once your body adjusts. My husband experienced the same when he first started. Most likely the drop is an acceptable level; the nurse would've expressed some concern if not. It will most likely level off in a couple of days.

AP Panther Fan
04-05-2005, 08:41 AM

Great news! Hang in there!;)

LH Panther Mom
04-05-2005, 08:42 AM

softball_mom
04-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Hey 18.....glad to hear your bp is down. Hang in there....and good luck tonight!!!

18handicap
04-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks and same to ya'll! I was under orders to take it easy yesterday and my girls caught wind of it. Everytime I picked up a bat to hit balls, they took it away from me. They did the hitting for me yesterday. But you know me, I can't stay away.

Ray_BearKat
04-05-2005, 12:35 PM
18handicap, i got those 32-3A standing for you on the RGVSports Foru but if you want i'll post them here as well....

18handicap
04-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Awesome!! I'll check the RGV forum tonight.

Thanks! It's is so hard to information from the Valley, except that the Raymondville coach does keep me informed.

Ray_BearKat
04-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Yeah, our softball team is something we take pride of down here in Raymondville...

mojoman
04-06-2005, 08:42 AM
I have been around softball for a few years now. Coach Hicks is an excellent coach. Unfortunately for him, he has had a couple of idiots to deal with as far as parents are concerned. I have witnessed both incidents. Neither one was his fault. The first one the parent came after him. The second, the parent jumped on the assistant coach and became belligerent when asked to leave