PDA

View Full Version : Gruene Hall question

pirate44
04-01-2005, 04:27 PM
my amazing wife has planned a wonderful birthday weekend for me in Gruene next week. she's planning on taking me to see the Gary P. Nunn concert at Gruene hall. I was wondering how busy is it there on Saturday nites and what time we should get there to be able to get a seat. ive been to Gruene before but never in Gruene hall. my guess is that it will be packed. can anyone help me out?

onfirebball05mustang
04-01-2005, 05:32 PM
If i was y'all i'd get there EARLY..it ain't the biggest place in the world, and Greene is quite nice around this time of year to just walk around, shop or take in a concert. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D

AP Panther Fan
04-01-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by onfirebball05mustang
If i was y'all i'd get there EARLY..it ain't the biggest place in the world, and Greene is quite nice around this time of year to just walk around, shop or take in a concert. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D

Ditto! You guys will have fun! If you get there early enough ... there is always the Grist Mill for dinner and then this really neat little country store/ice cream parlor across the street.

While at Gruene Hall you also need to check out all of the memorabilia (photos) of previous entertainers and of when they filmed John Travolta there in the movie "Michael".:D

onfirebball05mustang
04-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Ditto! You guys will have fun! If you get there early enough ... there is always the Grist Mill for dinner and then this really neat little country store/ice cream parlor across the street.

While at Gruene Hall you also need to check out all of the memorabilia (photos) of previous entertainers and of when they filmed John Travolta there in the movie "Michael".:D

i love that ice cream place! There's also that antiques place--nice stuff! lol Travolta-that's who i was thinking of lol

pirate44
04-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

the last time we were in Gruene we went to the Gristmill. great place and amazing fall-off-the-bone ribs. we sat with an open view over the river watching the tubers. amazing view. im excited about the trip. we might stay another night in san antonio to take our boy to the SA zoo. i cant wait for next weekend.

pirate44
04-01-2005, 05:49 PM
we're big ice cream fans:D so hopefully we can go there. i didnt see it last time.

onfirebball05mustang
04-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
the last time we were in Gruene we went to the Gristmill. great place and amazing fall-off-the-bone ribs. we sat with an open view over the river watching the tubers. amazing view. im excited about the trip. we might stay another night in san antonio to take our boy to the SA zoo. i cant wait for next weekend.

Now THAT sounds like a great weekend!! :D

AP Panther Fan
04-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by onfirebball05mustang
Now THAT sounds like a great weekend!! :D

Yes, it does!;) :D I love the entire area!

Bandera YaYa
04-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Wow! What a woman......has planned a weekend for hubby, making him think it's ALL about him.....but between us gals, we know how fun the shopping is there!!! LOL !! You guys are sooooooooo easy!!! :p :thumbsup: :wave:

j/k.....have an awesome time!!!!