PDA

View Full Version : Fox news in Dallas

HighSchool Fan
04-01-2005, 01:30 PM
just reported that the Pope has passed away. what a truly sad day it is.

lepfan
04-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Fox news is not always accurate....

HighSchool Fan
04-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Fox news is not always accurate....

no news is always accurate

lepfan
04-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
no news is always accurate

true, but Fox is famous for it's onesided view of news and jumping the gun on stories.....

HighSchool Fan
04-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
true, but Fox is famous for it's onesided view of news and jumping the gun on stories.....

they are alot better than MSNBC or ABC news

and it wasn't them that jumped the gun saying that gore won florida and turned the election into mess

lepfan
04-01-2005, 03:45 PM
I don't watch ABC or MSNBC either.... I am a CNN fan myself...just personal preference...but, none of them are perfect.

rockdale80
04-01-2005, 04:02 PM
they are alot better than MSNBC or ABC news

and it wasn't them that jumped the gun saying that gore won florida and turned the election into mess

WRONG..... Fox news is the most one sided of all...owned by Rupert Murdoch...come on.....its like saying Anne Coulter isn't biased.

pirate44
04-01-2005, 04:09 PM
best bet is to stop watching tv news. ive been calling Miss Cleo and i get all the information i need.

JasperDog94
04-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Here we go again...

They don't refer to CNN as the Communist News Network for nothing. Foxnews does have some anchors on each side. At least you know that going in instead of NBC, ABC, and CBS (Rathergate) telling you that they're impartial.:rolleyes:

HighSchool Fan
04-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Here we go again...

They don't refer to CNN as the Communist News Network for nothing. Foxnews does have some anchors on each side. At least you know that going in instead of NBC, ABC, and CBS (Rathergate) telling you that they're impartial.:rolleyes:

i couldn't agree with ya more.

rockdale80
04-01-2005, 04:36 PM
i couldn't agree with ya more.

Lets see...here are some comments from Fox and both sides....This is on a point- counter point after the State of the Union on FOX.

"This is a big vision. This is a bold agenda!"
vs.
"President Bush did a magnificent job!"

So which one came from the Liberal side? If you guessed the magnificnet job then you win. I thought a point-counterpoint would be a little different. Like hearing someone if favor of, and someone against. That sounds like a fair and balanced report on Fox anyway. On an average program Here are some word counts...give or take a few....Hannity 2086...Colmes 1261. Seems fair right. And why would CNN be a communits network...because they tell the truth, and not always, but usually. They dont just tell the part that makes the right look like an angel sent down from heaven. Well guys there you have some facts to look over. I reported...you decide.

HighSchool Fan
04-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Lets see...here are some comments from Fox and both sides....This is on a point- counter point after the State of the Union on FOX.

"This is a big vision. This is a bold agenda!"
vs.
"President Bush did a magnificent job!"

So which one came from the Liberal side? If you guessed the magnificnet job then you win. I thought a point-counterpoint would be a little different. Like hearing someone if favor of, and someone against. That sounds like a fair and balanced report on Fox anyway. On an average program Here are some word counts...give or take a few....Hannity 2086...Colmes 1261. Seems fair right. And why would CNN be a communits network...because they tell the truth, and not always, but usually. They dont just tell the part that makes the right look like an angel sent down from heaven. Well guys there you have some facts to look over. I reported...you decide.

i've decided that CNN wouldn't know the truth if in hit them right in the face. well, they probably know the truth, but it's against their company rules to present them.

rockdale80
04-01-2005, 04:48 PM
i've decided that CNN wouldn't know the truth if in hit them right in the face. well, they probably know the truth, but it's against their company rules to present them.

and fox does such a fantastic job....and they were even right about the pope today weren't they. And the reason I love argueing with you guys so much is you throw opinions everywhere you go. Lets hear some of these lies. I am sure you have watched it before you decided it was filled with lies. Surely you can offer more than your opinion.....unless of course Fox has taught you to throw your opinion as fact and represent it as such.

On another note, where have you been....we havent talked in awhile. How has work been going?

Ranger Mom
04-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Let's not start this up again!

HighSchool Fan
04-01-2005, 04:50 PM
i working more than i should again that's for sure.

i quit watching hollywood paid for news channels years ago. i want to just see the news and then form my own opinion.

how has your job been going

HighSchool Fan
04-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Let's not start this up again!

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Ranger Mom
04-01-2005, 04:52 PM
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BTW....did he die or not?

HighSchool Fan
04-01-2005, 04:54 PM
i don't think he has yet

JasperDog94
04-01-2005, 05:31 PM
On an average program Here are some word counts...give or take a few....Hannity 2086...Colmes 1261. Seems fair right. Well, when your party has no vision and has become the party of "no" then that seems about right.:D

At least you hear both sides. That's what FoxNews is all about. I guarantee you won't hear that on CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC... Come to think of it, Fox is about the only one that has a real debate with both sides being represented.

gato 76
04-02-2005, 01:30 AM
Ann Coulter is nuts, not far behind Rush Limbaugh.

Leopards,class of 75
04-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Well, when your party has no vision and has become the party of "no" then that seems about right.:D

At least you hear both sides. That's what FoxNews is all about. I guarantee you won't hear that on CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC... Come to think of it, Fox is about the only one that has a real debate with both sides being represented. I agree with you JasperDog94 100%. Fox always has debates from both sides, at least everytime i have watched it. Watch the Bill O'Reiley show, he always has both sides on his show.

rockdale80
04-02-2005, 06:53 PM
yeah bill o' reilly is such a fair and balanced person....he never cuts anyone off to make his point, or talks over them because they dont agree. there is no such thing as fair and balanced on a network owned by rupert murdoch, and ran by ailes. come on........he is fair and balanced if you dont want to hear anything but from the middle to the far right.

JasperDog94
04-03-2005, 02:53 PM
he is fair and balanced if you dont want to hear anything but from the middle to the far right. That's because most liberals won't come on his program because they can't answer a straight question. I don't agree with him at all, but at least Al Sharpton has the guts to come on and talk to Bill.

rockdale80
04-03-2005, 03:03 PM
That's because most liberals won't come on his program because they can't answer a straight question. I don't agree with him at all, but at least Al Sharpton has the guts to come on and talk to Bill.

No, most people wont come on his show because he is a liar, and you can hardly get in a word edgewise. Agree to disagree. I dont watch Fox for the same reason you watch CNN. I just know that a company owned by Rupert Murdoch is never going to fair and balanced.

HighSchool Fan
04-03-2005, 03:21 PM
any channel the hollywood has control over, abc, nbc, cbs or cnn, is nothing but hypercritical propaganda.

have ya played any golf lately??

rockdale80
04-03-2005, 04:02 PM
not since last week...playing this saturday with some of my fraternity brothers. last time i played i shot pretty bad. it was like 50 for the front 9, then closed out with 38 on the back. the first 4 holes killed me. how about you?

and wouldnt you consider fox a hollywood company?

HighSchool Fan
04-03-2005, 04:04 PM

and wouldnt you consider fox a hollywood company? [/B]

of couse not, they're on my side :p

i played a couple of weeks ago, shot 100

Gobbla2001
04-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Bill O'Reilly is pretty much indy...

I have a lotta ultra-conservative views and it just blows my mind listening to him sometimes (I also drop in on his radio show on lunch break sometimes, I'm really digging his immigration stuff right now, go to his site and sign the petition if you want to get Bush's attention focussed toword the Southern Border)...

I've watched all of the news channels, Fox News may be a little more balanced, but if you pay attention closely enough, they do lean right on a lot of issues (it's all about political slants, and every news network, whether we want to admit it or not, has their slant)...

Their reporters (not commentators) show passion for right-wing views constantly while reporting at a news site etc..... Not saying I don't like it, but it isn't exactly as balanced as we'd all like to think...

The things that makes it balanced is The Factor, because he's pretty independent to me, and the fact that Colmes (sp?) is a lib and has his show with Hannity... They also cover all stories... I try and watch all of the channels, it's interesting to dissect their slants etc... I have noticed that Fox has broken a lot of stories that would have a negative impact on Bush (even during the election) while the other networks were still focussing on the WMD stuff, so they don't hold back on the major stories, they cover them all...

But like I said, their reporters report straight from the right side of the isle, there's no denying that, guys...

rockdale80
04-03-2005, 04:19 PM
of couse not, they're on my side :p

i played a couple of weeks ago, shot 100

Exactly...I knew you would slip and admit they are not fair and balanced. Because if they were Fair and Balanced they would be on noone's side.

We should try to get together sometime and play a little bit of golf.

Gobbla2001
04-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Exactly...I knew you would slip and admit they are not fair and balanced. Because if they were Fair and Balanced they would be on noone's side.

I was swinging the pwedge in the back-yard earlier...

I'm a little rusty, been a few years...

Need to start back up...

I'd smoke all of ya ;)

HighSchool Fan
04-03-2005, 04:23 PM

i thought that you knew that i was already fair and balanced, that is why they're on my side :D

maybe a group of us can get togeher and play golf somewhere

rockdale80
04-03-2005, 04:23 PM
bring it on...jason and I toyed with the idea of a little meet and greet golf tournament.

rockdale80
04-03-2005, 04:25 PM
I like the idea of us getting together..What would be a good halfway point between houston and where you are at?

HighSchool Fan
04-03-2005, 04:28 PM
i guess the fair and balanced place would be dallas :D

probably somewhere around Mexia

Gobbla2001
04-03-2005, 04:30 PM
i guess the fair and balanced place would be dallas :D

probably somewhere around Mexia

Mexia?

They need to make an Anna Nicole golf course there... If it weren't so busy, I'd play a few holes there ;)

rockdale80
04-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Well I am moving to nacogdoches around may 1, so if we wait until then I could probably do dallas no problem. I have passes to play at Castle Hill that expire in June. Is that close to you at all?

HighSchool Fan
04-03-2005, 04:34 PM
yes it is, it's on the north side of dallas. it's a very nice course

rockdale80
04-03-2005, 04:38 PM
yes it is, it's on the north side of dallas. it's a very nice course

then lets try to get together around the the middle of june. it is a very nice course. played a tournament there about a year ago. thats how I got the passes. I have a glof tournament on may 21st.. Any weekened after that I can do it. Just let me know.

HighSchool Fan
04-03-2005, 04:39 PM
cool, i'm off every other weekend. we can decide a little closer to june

rockdale80
04-03-2005, 04:43 PM
cool, i'm off every other weekend. we can decide a little closer to june

sounds good to me