PDA

View Full Version : Rice Cons. vs. Bellville (2-0 vs. 2-0)

seasick4
04-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Who would have thought this? Any opinions on this baseball game? The Brahmas are a tough team to beat.

I hope we win...

Go Brahmas!!

HBsr
04-01-2005, 11:11 AM
who are the varsity team members for bellville?

rhs78
04-01-2005, 11:15 AM
good luck to both teams, it should be a great game,rice hasn't been in this postion often in baseball, wished i did'nt have to work tonight, i'd like to be their.

Crow22
04-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Call me crazy but I say.......

Rice 146
Bellville 0

Well, maybe, it'll be a LITTLE closer......

Nah, good luck Raiders...them Brahmas have lots of tradition.

chugbug
04-01-2005, 11:28 AM
I think that the score will be Rice 4 Bellville 2. Ol Delmer thinks that it will be a little higher scoring than that. I have got to have warmer weather to load those crawfish. I am hoping that it warms up this afternoon so I can get that done. Cold weather is hard on my pegleg. I should be finished in time to go to the game. I know that Coach Trixler has the boys ready for this one. GO RAIDERS!!! :eek: :eek: :tongue: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

CheerMom
04-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Will be a great game!! Good Luck to both teams!! I will be there to cheer for my Raiders. :cheerl: :cheerl:

BrahmaMom
04-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Go Bulls! I understand it's been a tough year for my Brahmas, but that's when character comes through. Good luck, guys, and I hope for an injury-free game--then there are two winners!

Bellville22
04-01-2005, 05:42 PM
With Luetge on the mound, Bellville goes from being an average team to being a pretty solid team. Believe me, this isn't the Brahma team you're used to seeing. Graduation hit this team hard last year, and they are very young. This will certainly be a game in which either team can win. Bryant has been red hot at the top of Bellville's order, he needs to continue to hit well and set the table for the Bulls. He makes things go for this team. Luetge needs to have another good outing. I'd like to see more ground balls than strikeouts, as he threw a ton of pitches last Friday.

Bellville 4
Rice Cons. 2

CheerMom
04-01-2005, 11:13 PM
Well, the game didn't go as I had hoped, but congrats to the Brahmas on a big win.
It made it worthwhile to visit with you, B22. It was really good to see you again.
Courtney said she was sorry she missed you.

Good Luck to the Brahmas on their upcoming game with Columbus and to my Raiders against Navasota!!!
Bellville 7
Rice 1

Bellville22
04-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Great to see you again too, 'CheerMom'.

Probably a closer game than the score implies. Score was 1-1 as late as the 5th inning I believe. Bellville pushed it to 3-1, then the wheels kinda came of for the Raiders. Walks and errors made it tough for Rice to finish it out. But for the most part, a pretty good ballgame between two teams playing pretty good ball. Both of these teams have a legit shot to make the playoffs.

Once again Bellville benefitted from a tremendous performance by P Lucas Luetge. He went the full 7 innings, allowing only 2 hits (I think) and striking out 17. Both pitchers were treated to a large strikezone by the umpire, and for the most part, they both took advantage of it.

Bellville (3-0) hosts district favorite Columbus (3-0) next Tuesday, then finishes out the first round vs. Sealy next Friday.

Rice Cons. (2-1) gets Navasota (1-2) next Tuesday in a very important game as far as playoff scenarios go. They'll finish out the first round vs. Columbus next Friday.

Bull's-eye
04-03-2005, 12:45 AM
I was impressed by the Luetge to Luetge battery combination. Great pitching performance by Lucas and a great job catching by Leif! Bellville batters came up with some key hits and did a good job of moving runners around the bases.

BrahmaMom
04-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Thank goodness for those Luetges! They seem to bail the Brahmas out over the years. I was sorry Werneke chose not to return, he was one of the best catchers we've had. Glad that the littlest Luetge has stepped up to, and behind, the plate! Congrats, Brahmas! Never say "die"! Go Bulls!

HBsr
04-04-2005, 01:32 PM
Why did wernecke choose not to return to the team? Being a starter for the last two years is a little disappointing not to return for his last year? Wouldn't u think? Bellville is looking good, but columbus will put them in a tight position between 1st and 2nd in district! There is actually alot of talent in 26-3a, and alot of competition on both defense and offense. I wouldn' be surprised if columbus, yoakum, or hallettsville go far into playoffs!

Bellville22
04-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Warnecke wanted to play, but will be joining the Air Force after graduation. He must use this time to complete his training. Can't fault a young man for making a decision like that, best of luck to him in the future. Tough break for the Brahmas, but little Luetge is learning quickly, he'll be an anchor for the Bellville D for several years.