PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Service

ILS1
03-31-2005, 10:23 PM
Who is your Cell Phone service carrier? The good and the bad about the service? Best phones? I've been with Sprint for the past 7 + years and I'm totally frustated with them now. I still have a year on my contract right now,but I'm willing to break that. I'm considering other options. I've gotta have all the gadgets or bells and whistles. I'm really interested in Cingular and T-Mobile and maybe Verizon. Thanks.

:)

Gobbla2001
03-31-2005, 10:26 PM
Verizon has a lot of restrictions that I didn't like...

Cingular is what I use now, haven't had too many probs minus the 'usual' billing mistakes you get with any service...

kaorder1999
Cingular

Astrosdawg07
Say no to Verizon Wireless!

jason
ive had cingular for 4 years now..never had any problems...

Old Green
03-31-2005, 10:28 PM
I've had Cingular for 8 years now and I'm satified. Service everytime i need it.

Verizon still has a lot of dead spots around the Victoria area.

big daddy russ
03-31-2005, 10:33 PM
I came from T-Mobile to Sprint and was totally disappointed. Sprint's the worst carrier I've come across... if my family, my friends, and my girlfriend didn't have it (I have free Sprint to Sprint) I'd ditch it. T-Mobile's reception is about the same, but they don't have roaming. Plus all of Sprint's services are outrageous. It's $2 for a call to directory assistance. That's almost three times what T-Mobile charged. Their technology lags way behind the other companies, as their one of the last companies in the nation who doesn't use an all-digital network and their phones still use IMEI, an outdated technology. Most other companies have switched to SIM phones, where the brains of the phone is stored on a tiny chip and can be transferred from phone to phone.

I do have to friends who have Cingular and swear by it. It's a little more expensive, but it seems like the best of any of the companies I've heard of. You get rollover minutes and they definitely have the best reception out of any of the other companies.

rockdale80
03-31-2005, 10:36 PM
had cingular recently for less than a year. paid extra 5 bucks for an itemized bill that i never received. called everymonth to complain, and was told to go to a cingular store and get one. so i would go and pay 3 bucks for a copy of it. then i had a bunch of extranneous charges for numbers i never called. called to complain. said they would audit my account. called back. again said they would place a work order and get back to me. called again. guy tells me there is no such thing. my bills went something like this.

1st month 47.99
2nd month 47.99 and had 200 minutes accumulated.
blah
blah
blah
7th month 47.99 and had accumulated over 1000 rollover minutes
8th month 259.93 cents went over my minutes
9th month 403.24 cents...over again
10th month 512.60 cents...
then cancelled service
went to sprint.

file complaint with their customer complaint department. then NCO financial calls to collect 800 bucks for my last bill and cancellation of contrace fee. File another complaint. Still havent heard back from them. I called every month complaining about not getting a bill I paid for, and for the last 3 months about how I used that many minutes in one month( I didnt) and why I was being billed from cingular to cingular. NO answer. Still up in the air today. Judge for yourself. I work all the time, and hardly ever use my phone. Then out of nowhere I use over 1800 minutes in one month. and continue the trend....Right. And when I cancelled service I filed the complaint and was told that I did not have to pay the full amount and my account was being audited again...(thought they didnt exist), and to not pay if I felt like they breeched the contract for extranneous charges. If this hits my credit I will pay whatever it takes to go after them. Their customer service sucks, and they at no point in time did anything to try to help me fix my problem. And they charge you for minutes when you call for help. Also as a problem for the billing they said they were going to send a certified bill for me to sign so they could see if my bill was coming to me....never got it. Called back and they said they didnt do that either. So all I got out of them was a bunch of lies, and they tried to rip off someone that went out of their way to get their own bill, while being charged for it twice. I HATE CINGULAR.

CHS_CG
03-31-2005, 10:41 PM
i have t-mobile.. it is ok.. better than verizon.. that just sucked.. i dont have that many dropped calls with t-mobile. i have 600 anytimes minutes free nights and weekends after 9 and no long distance and 300 text messages and i think its like 53 a month or somethng like that.

Gobbla2001
03-31-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
had cingular recently for less than a year. paid extra 5 bucks for an itemized bill that i never received. called everymonth to complain, and was told to go to a cingular store and get one. so i would go and pay 3 bucks for a copy of it. then i had a bunch of extranneous charges for numbers i never called. called to complain. said they would audit my account. called back. again said they would place a work order and get back to me. called again. guy tells me there is no such thing. my bills went something like this.

1st month 47.99
2nd month 47.99 and had 200 minutes accumulated.
blah
blah
blah
7th month 47.99 and had accumulated over 1000 rollover minutes
8th month 259.93 cents went over my minutes
9th month 403.24 cents...over again
10th month 512.60 cents...
then cancelled service
went to sprint.

file complaint with their customer complaint department. then NCO financial calls to collect 800 bucks for my last bill and cancellation of contrace fee. File another complaint. Still havent heard back from them. I called every month complaining about not getting a bill I paid for, and for the last 3 months about how I used that many minutes in one month( I didnt) and why I was being billed from cingular to cingular. NO answer. Still up in the air today. Judge for yourself. I work all the time, and hardly ever use my phone. Then out of nowhere I use over 1800 minutes in one month. and continue the trend....Right. And when I cancelled service I filed the complaint and was told that I did not have to pay the full amount and my account was being audited again...(thought they didnt exist), and to not pay if I felt like they breeched the contract for extranneous charges. If this hits my credit I will pay whatever it takes to go after them. Their customer service sucks, and they at no point in time did anything to try to help me fix my problem. And they charge you for minutes when you call for help. Also as a problem for the billing they said they were going to send a certified bill for me to sign so they could see if my bill was coming to me....never got it. Called back and they said they didnt do that either. So all I got out of them was a bunch of lies, and they tried to rip off someone that went out of their way to get their own bill, while being charged for it twice. I HATE CINGULAR.

Now that you mention it, I did have a simular problem once...

They said I used 330 text messages one month...

I had only sent and received 19 total EVER at that time (not big on using my cell phone 24-7 like some folks) and had used AIM like 3 times, but talked to people very little TOTAL (not just in that one month), I was pretty pissed, but they took care of it...

that sux

rockdale80
03-31-2005, 10:46 PM
the numbers they say i was calling were in mexico(know noone there), and out of state....not dead sure I really know anyone out of state. I just hope it gets taken care of and doesnt affect my credit. Then the S#$% will hit the fan for real.

bigpimpin
03-31-2005, 10:50 PM
You should get Air Wireless like me. The service is terrible, you can only talk to people nearby, but you can't be the prices. And when you sign up you get a free hand phone.:)

Leopards,class of 75
03-31-2005, 10:53 PM
I have been 100% satisfied with Sprint for over 6 years!!! I really believe that every cell service has it's strong points along with weak points, depending upon where you live. I get 750 anyime minutes and unlimited nights and weekends after 8:00 p.m. for $39.99 a month.

Old Green
03-31-2005, 10:54 PM
the numbers they say i was calling were in mexico(know noone there), and out of state....not dead sure I really know anyone out of state. I just hope it gets taken care of and doesnt affect my credit. Then the S#$% will hit the fan for real. A few years back that was a big problem along the border area. They had some kind of device which you could at Radio Shack that would pick up your cell phone signal code. They would then hack your phone and all the charges would be on your bill. It never happened to me but I know two that it happened to.

Ray_BearKat
03-31-2005, 10:56 PM
I think it does affect your credit...

I've had Sprint since HS and haven't had any trouble whatsoever...a few months i went phone crazy and had 100+ bills but for the most part i have a regular bill of about 65-70 dollars...and that is with sprint to sprint, 7pm nights and weekends and internet. And for the most part i say out of the remote regions of Texas so service is usually pretty good.

rockdale80
03-31-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
A few years back that was a big problem along the border area. They had some kind of device which you could at Radio Shack that would pick up your cell phone signal code. They would then hack your phone and all the charges would be on your bill. It never happened to me but I know two that it happened to.

well that maybe what happened. they tried to give me the shake down by asking who else uses my phone, and basically blame me for it. I dont know what happened. I just know that I was somewhat satisfied for awhile, even though I wasnt getting a bill. Then I start getting charged for someone else's phone calls. Then they gave me the run around. Not helping me at all, and basically not caring. That was when I decided enough was enough. Now I have Sprint who ported my number over, and has sent me a bill every month. I was in out, in about 20 minutes, shortly after my phone was on, and I am not getting charged for anyone else's calls. I have been pleased with them other than the fact I live in Houston and lose reception IN TOWN.

and it hasnt hit my credit yet....and i have spoken to a lawyer about this. They breached the contract, and are at fault. I have taped conversation with customer service, along with my contract. So if it does I will go after them. I dont care if it would cost less to pay the bill. It is the principle behind it.

superslyguy06
03-31-2005, 11:28 PM
go w/ cingular. . . I live in Graham and have service out on the water at Possum Kingdom

Ranger05
03-31-2005, 11:32 PM
i have cellular one its ok i wish i would have gone with cingular though

44INAROW
04-01-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
I've had Cingular for 8 years now and I'm satified. Service everytime i need it.

Verizon still has a lot of dead spots around the Victoria area.

ditto here........ have had Cingular for years.... just added a 3rd phone/line today

Adidas410s
04-01-2005, 12:25 AM
well that maybe what happened. they tried to give me the shake down by asking who else uses my phone, and basically blame me for it. I dont know what happened. I just know that I was somewhat satisfied for awhile, even though I wasnt getting a bill. Then I start getting charged for someone else's phone calls. Then they gave me the run around. Not helping me at all, and basically not caring. That was when I decided enough was enough. Now I have Sprint who ported my number over, and has sent me a bill every month. I was in out, in about 20 minutes, shortly after my phone was on, and I am not getting charged for anyone else's calls. I have been pleased with them other than the fact I live in Houston and lose reception IN TOWN.

and it hasnt hit my credit yet....and i have spoken to a lawyer about this. They breached the contract, and are at fault. I have taped conversation with customer service, along with my contract. So if it does I will go after them. I dont care if it would cost less to pay the bill. It is the principle behind it.

I would love to see how you think they breached the contract. Depending how old your contract is, there is only one loophole in their agreement (there was not one for a LONG time) and what you are describing does not apply. Most likely what happened is that you had a TDMA phone (one w/o a SIM card) and your phone was cloned in a way that their fraud dept did not catch. Once they can establish it as fraud then they can remove the charges but until then they have no other way to prove it was NOT you and you don't have any way to prove it was NOT you either...other than your word which unfortunately does not hold up in a court of law and thus you will be held liable for the charges incurred. Feel free to point out what in the fine print you think shows where they are actually breaching the agreement.

rockdale80
04-01-2005, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I would love to see how you think they breached the contract. Depending how old your contract is, there is only one loophole in their agreement (there was not one for a LONG time) and what you are describing does not apply. Most likely what happened is that you had a TDMA phone (one w/o a SIM card) and your phone was cloned in a way that their fraud dept did not catch. Once they can establish it as fraud then they can remove the charges but until then they have no other way to prove it was NOT you and you don't have any way to prove it was NOT you either...other than your word which unfortunately does not hold up in a court of law and thus you will be held liable for the charges incurred. Feel free to point out what in the fine print you think shows where they are actually breaching the agreement.

Well I do have a sim card on my phone, and this started last May. What I am talking about is not a loophole. They were charging me for services I never received. How would that not be a breach of contract? And it was not just the phone calls. It was also the bills I never received. Why if I am paying 5 bucks extra a month would I also go to a cingular store and pay 3 bucks for another copy. Also, I was being billed for mobile to mobile. My girlfriend had cingular as well, and every call was being charged against my minutes. I have the conversation tape where I ask 3 different representatives about this and they all tell me I SHOULD not be charged. It is more than just the calls to Mexico and other parts of the United States. If you are a lawyer I can fax you a copy of the contract. Otherwise, I would still like to believe that right is right and wrong is wrong. In no way am I trying to get out of paying a bill, I just wanted them to fix my problem and got bounced from one rep. to another. So I started recording conversations for my own protection. I have on tape a girl saying my bill is all messed up, and the system is not filtering out everything it should....i.e. night time calls, mobile to mobile, free roaming and so forth. All things that are covered in my contract. And that isnt in the fine print...Its in the big letters.

Adidas410s
04-01-2005, 02:08 AM
Well I do have a sim card on my phone, and this started last May. What I am talking about is not a loophole. They were charging me for services I never received. How would that not be a breach of contract? And it was not just the phone calls. It was also the bills I never received. Why if I am paying 5 bucks extra a month would I also go to a cingular store and pay 3 bucks for another copy. Also, I was being billed for mobile to mobile. My girlfriend had cingular as well, and every call was being charged against my minutes. I have the conversation tape where I ask 3 different representatives about this and they all tell me I SHOULD not be charged. It is more than just the calls to Mexico and other parts of the United States. If you are a lawyer I can fax you a copy of the contract. Otherwise, I would still like to believe that right is right and wrong is wrong. In no way am I trying to get out of paying a bill, I just wanted them to fix my problem and got bounced from one rep. to another. So I started recording conversations for my own protection. I have on tape a girl saying my bill is all messed up, and the system is not filtering out everything it should....i.e. night time calls, mobile to mobile, free roaming and so forth. All things that are covered in my contract. And that isnt in the fine print...Its in the big letters.

Here is where you run into problems legally. To sue for breach of contract, you must be able to prove intent. There is no intent on the part of Cingular to intentionally bill you for the error. Now as far as them not fixing the bill, that would be the only claim you can make but AT MOST the only thing you would ever get out of a court would be a credit to your bill. Thus, you would incur court costs associated with pursuing this as a legal matter which will run you into the thousands of dollars. The best way to handle this matter is to simply go into a Cingular store and ask to speak with a manager. Make sure that is a company-owned store because it is likely you are going to an agent if they are charging you for a bill reprint. The reason I say this is because the charge from a company-owned store is $5+tax and it is placed on your bill automatically but any reprints in the store waive that fee. Additionally, it is $2.95/month to receive detailed billing, not $5. Also, to avoid having to pay for any reprint you always have the option of going to their website where you can pull up a full bill and call list and printing it on your own free of charge. Go into a company-owned store and in a rational manner ask them to go over your bill with you. Trust me when I say that in a wireless store the managers have VERY little toleration of people who come in and bitch about things...they will just quote off standard policy and essentially show you the door because they get people coming in to gripe on a regular basis about very insignificant things and they get tired of hearing about it. Besides, why should somebody help you if you are being rude to them?

Finally, you having taped conversations will not get you very far...for a few reasons. One, what does it prove? OK your bill was messed up. To refer to what I said previously, they had no intent to incorrectly bill you thus you have no legal claim to make against them. Also, it is quite difficult for you to actually prove that the tapes are 100% authentic. Additionally, if you are so paranoid about things that you feel that you would have to tape a conversation then that is incredibly sad and you should reconsider your priorities in life if you get this worked up over a cell phone. It is not your God given right to have a cell phone...its a LUXURY good! Not the necessity good that many people expect out of it.

And for the record I am not an attorney...but I am staying at a Holiday Inn Express TOMORROW night! :D

rockdale80
04-01-2005, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Here is where you run into problems legally. To sue for breach of contract, you must be able to prove intent. There is no intent on the part of Cingular to intentionally bill you for the error. Now as far as them not fixing the bill, that would be the only claim you can make but AT MOST the only thing you would ever get out of a court would be a credit to your bill. Thus, you would incur court costs associated with pursuing this as a legal matter which will run you into the thousands of dollars. The best way to handle this matter is to simply go into a Cingular store and ask to speak with a manager. Make sure that is a company-owned store because it is likely you are going to an agent if they are charging you for a bill reprint. The reason I say this is because the charge from a company-owned store is $5+tax and it is placed on your bill automatically but any reprints in the store waive that fee. Additionally, it is $2.95/month to receive detailed billing, not $5. Also, to avoid having to pay for any reprint you always have the option of going to their website where you can pull up a full bill and call list and printing it on your own free of charge. Go into a company-owned store and in a rational manner ask them to go over your bill with you. Trust me when I say that in a wireless store the managers have VERY little toleration of people who come in and bitch about things...they will just quote off standard policy and essentially show you the door because they get people coming in to gripe on a regular basis about very insignificant things and they get tired of hearing about it. Besides, why should somebody help you if you are being rude to them?

Finally, you having taped conversations will not get you very far...for a few reasons. One, what does it prove? OK your bill was messed up. To refer to what I said previously, they had no intent to incorrectly bill you thus you have no legal claim to make against them. Also, it is quite difficult for you to actually prove that the tapes are 100% authentic. Additionally, if you are so paranoid about things that you feel that you would have to tape a conversation then that is incredibly sad and you should reconsider your priorities in life if you get this worked up over a cell phone. It is not your God given right to have a cell phone...its a LUXURY good! Not the necessity good that many people expect out of it.

And for the record I am not an attorney...but I am staying at a Holiday Inn Express TOMORROW night! :D

First of all I know it is not my god given right to have a cell phone, but I paid for it and I expect them to do what is right if there is something in error with their system. I have electricity which is not my god given right either, but if my bill is messed up and I am overcharged I would not expect to have to pay it. Even when I can prove that it was not my mistake. I can't prove nor disprove some of the calls made to various places, but I can prove that I signed a contract with 5000 night and weekend minutes, and free mobile to mobile. I can also prove that none of those were filtered off my bill, and were all charged against my anytime minutes. I cant prove that I at no point in time could log into my cingular. com account, but I can prove that I called numerous times including length of calls to their customer service. If I buy a car and it breaks when I drive it off the lot, there are laws that protect me. Just like there are consumer laws to protect me in situations like this. I have been very calm when dealing with the customer service center and when dealing with the manager at a Cingular store. He even called for me and spoke to the billing center directly to try to help me. Nothing was ever done. This was after the first month my bill jumped up. I paid my bill at the store that day, and he said they would credit my account when the difference was figured. Well it did not happen. Another big bill. Called back to customer service and this was when they gave me the story about auditing my account. Yet I paid my bill again. Called back to see if they fixed it and they told me my next balance had just came through and it was 512 bucks. So at this point I record a few conversations and gave Cingular every opportunity to fix this error. It wasnt like I just said hey you messed up my bill and left. I gave them numerous opportunities to figure it out. Paranoid...if you say so. But I am not going to let a company bilke money out of me. And I have filed a dispute with them, and hopefully this settles it. I would even pay the fee for breaking my contract, and my 47.99 for the month. Even put that in the letter. It was the last month of my 1 year contract. But at the rate the bills were going I was not going to take a chance of getting an even bigger bill. So that is where it stands. And I did not seek out a lawyer...just have a few friends that are.

LH Panther Mom
04-01-2005, 06:16 AM
We (hubby & I) have had Sprint for years. We do experience occasional drops in calls, but other than that, I've never had a reason to complain. We have friends on Cingular, so hubby thinks he wants to change because of the expanded calling area. My thinking is if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Now for my sad Cingular tale. My oldest has always had the "pay as you go" type plans. First we started with the ones you actually purchase a card for minutes. HUGE mistake....what a ripoff. Next, we went with AT&T. I liked it. $39.99/mo, 400 anytime & unlimited nights/weekends. They would automatically renew service each month & charge my AmEx. That was great....until Cingular bought them. December, I had to call to renew minutes. Went through a bunch of rigamarole to get that done; was told I could do it online every month after. NOT.....there was no account info to access. He left his phone at the football field early January, but didn't remember where he lost it. Some kid from Belton ( :confused: ) found it & dragged it home with him. I called the number (to see if it was hiding under his bed)....the kid called back, told me the story and said he'd mail it back. He didn't, but since there were no minutes left after 2-3 days, the loss was just the price of the phone.

Lo & behold, Monday in the mail, I received a very official sounding, collection-type, letter from Cingular. "Your refusal to pay your bill blah blah blah". WHAT BILL?????? There are no bills. That's why they call it "pay as you go". BTW the amount owed is $.70. I'm thinking of sending them 70 pennies. :mad:

pirate44
04-01-2005, 07:49 AM
i dont see why so many people need cell phones anyway. as far as im concerned they are just a leash. i have never owned one and dont care to. even people i see paying for their groceries with the lone stare card will be talking on theri phone in line. the funny thing is, that everyone who has one has a perfectly good excuse on why.

ILS1
04-01-2005, 08:05 AM
as far as im concerned they are just a leash. i have never owned one and dont care to.

That's what Caller ID and Voicemail are for!!! You can see who's calling and answer if you want to. Or just let it go to your voicemail!!

scrub c
04-01-2005, 08:15 AM
the verizon commercials that say "can you hear me now? " are so freakin' TRUE.... uhhh let me move my head, can you hear me now? .... let me walk outside, can you hear me now?... I'LL CALL YOU BACK!!!

VERIZON SUCKS ! ! ! !

I switched to SPRINT and am totally satisfied. Most of my buddies have sprint. I hear Cingular is as good or maybe better. It all depends on where you live and use the cell service. sprint works for me....

pirate44
04-01-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
That's what Caller ID and Voicemail are for!!! You can see who's calling and answer if you want to. Or just let it go to your voicemail!!

the person calling who knows you have your phone on might not appreciate you not answering.

im just old fashioned i guess ILS1

Ranger Mom
04-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
i dont see why so many people need cell phones anyway. as far as im concerned they are just a leash. i have never owned one and dont care to. even people i see paying for their groceries with the lone stare card will be talking on theri phone in line. the funny thing is, that everyone who has one has a perfectly good excuse on why.

Just wait til your child (children) are older and you will understand better.

It brings a huge peace of mind to me to be able to contact my kids to check on them!

Also...I have had Sprint for 5 years and besides the fact that I am "out of range" in Fort Stockton and Pecos (teams in our district)...I don't have any problem with them!

footballmom
04-01-2005, 10:04 AM
I have had Cingular as long as they have been around. I was on Southwestern Bell for years before they changed over to Cingular. I guess I am just loyal to one company. I have never had problems. Even when I'm going to be late on paying my bill I just call customer service and tell them and they are fine with it. I even got G2 to switch to Cingular. Now we are mobile to mobile.:inlove:

spiveyrat
04-01-2005, 10:07 AM
I have Cingular and am satisfied with them. When I "up'd" my contract to add more minutes and get a new phone, they screwed up our bill for about 6 months afterwards. But we stayed on them and they eventually apoligized to us and gave us some free perks.

I've heard some bad stories about Sprint from a friend and a brother-in-law. Had lots of trouble with 'em.

ILS1
04-01-2005, 10:23 AM
the person calling who knows you have your phone on might not appreciate you not answering.

im just old fashioned i guess ILS1

I understand where you're coming from. My oldest brother was the same way. We finally convinced him to get one and now he loves it!!! LOL!! When I don't wanna talk to someone,I just tell them I left my phone in my truck. Or my phone didn't ring!! It doesn't sometimes. It doesn't work in my bedroom. That's why I had to get a land line just recently. I went without a land line for 5 years because I used my cell phone about 99% of the time. My sister has one just for emergencies. She had a 30 minute plan a month. Now,she has 2 sons in college and she had to bump it up to over 1,000 minutes for them alone!! LOL!!

:eek:

big daddy russ
04-01-2005, 11:40 AM
I pay $35 a month for 600 minutes, free nights and weekends, free calling to my family and my girlfriend and I can take it with me wherever I go. I'm single, so I have nobody to share a landline with... and I had one last year that ran $34.75 a month for just basic service. For me, it just made more sense to break down and get a cell phone.

Oh, and one of my pet peeves is someone who talks on their cell phones at inappropriate times. Like when you're paying for groceries (or anything for that matter) or you're sitting at the dinner table. Just turn the danged thing off.

Originally posted by spiveyrat
I've heard some bad stories about Sprint from a friend and a brother-in-law. Had lots of trouble with 'em.
I had T-Mobile for a year and was completely happy with them. GREAT customer service, didn't try to get you with any ripoff charges, and I got reception wherever I was supposed to. They don't have roaming out in the sticks, but here in College Station and down in Ingleside it works just fine. Their customer service was top-notch, too. I'm not a hothead by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd just call and ask them to help me out with a problem and they'd always be happy to oblige. They even warranted my cell phone after the six-month factory warranty had gone out. Sprint wouldn't do it for my girlfriend the day after her warranty went out... T-Mobile hooked me up a couple weeks after mine went out. Basically, I have problems with Sprint's customer service every time I call and I never had a problem with T-Mobile. I had normal conversations with them but always felt like I was fighting with Sprint.

District303aPastPlayer
04-01-2005, 01:05 PM
i am a happy sprinter... my friends have sprint... but my girlfriend has cingular... im not goin to switch anytime soon, but i believe her contract runs out soon :D