PDA

View Full Version : A question for Air Show fans.

BullFrog Dad
03-31-2005, 01:40 PM
Who's better, the Blue Angels or the Thunderbirds?

pirate44
03-31-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
Who's better, the Blue Angels or the Thunderbirds?
wow. ive only seen the blue angles, but im a big fan of the airforce, so with ignorance being my reason, i choose Thunderbirds

spiveyrat
03-31-2005, 01:52 PM
Both are impressive. The Blue Angel F/A-18's sound incredible when they scream by overhead. I haven't seen the Thunderbirds since they switched over to F-16's, though. Last time they were here, the Homeland Security alert system had been raised to "orange" which prompted them to not perform. They just sat on the runway as static displays.

BullFrog Dad
03-31-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
wow. ive only seen the blue angles, but im a big fan of the airforce, so with ignorance being my reason, i choose Thunderbirds pirate44, I've been watching the Blue Angels the last hour prepping for tomorrow's Air Show here in Ft. Worth. I have seen both and it's a tough call.

pirate44
03-31-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
pirate44, I've been watching the Blue Angels the last hour prepping for tomorrow's Air Show here in Ft. Worth. I have seen both and it's a tough call.
you are so lucky. i would love just to park by the Corpus Christi airport here just to watch planes take off and land. does that make me crazy?:D

BullFrog Dad
03-31-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Both are impressive. The Blue Angel F/A-18's sound incredible when they scream by overhead. I haven't seen the Thunderbirds since they switched over to F-16's, though. Last time they were here, the Homeland Security alert system had been raised to "orange" which prompted them to not perform. They just sat on the runway as static displays. It is awesome when they fly overhead. We were outside watching when they came right at us. It was amazing the amount of ground they cover in a short time.

venomous tat2
03-31-2005, 02:15 PM
It's a toss up!!

LH Panther Mom
03-31-2005, 02:20 PM
does that make me crazy?:D

No this doesn't......no comment on all those other things though. :D

pirate44
03-31-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
No this doesn't......no comment on all those other things though. :D
other things??:eek:

BullFrog Dad
03-31-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
It's a toss up!! I was thinking the same thing until 20 minutes ago when the BAs came overhead in a four plane diamond formation. I swear they were swappin' paint!!!

LH Panther Mom
03-31-2005, 02:31 PM
other things??:eek:

Well, you know....like hanging out in the chat room with us sometimes. You have to be a little nuts for that. ;)

pirate44
03-31-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, you know....like hanging out in the chat room with us sometimes. You have to be a little nuts for that. ;)
whew, good. i thought you mean "isolated" crazy. no i know im not alone:D

Bullaholic
03-31-2005, 05:24 PM
I've seen em' both many times over the last few years. The Blue Angels have the older tradition, but I think the "T"-Birds fly just as well. When you see them out close on the tarmac about to perform, and the team leader in his cockpit turns his head to the crowd, raises his hand to his visor in a salute, and says over the radio--"For Americans everywhere....." there is no way that your eyes do not well up with pride, and you think--"Thank God these guys are on our side....."

ILS1
03-31-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
It's a toss up!!

I've seen both as well and it is indeed a tough call. Where in Ft. Worth is the Air Show gonna be? I was stationed at Carswell AFB back in 87-91. We held an Air Show there in '89 or '90. It was the 1st Official viewing or "Static Display" of the F-117A Stealth fighter. Plus,the Blue Angels performed as well. Talk about one heckuva show. An estimated 1.2 million people attended the Air Show in 2 days. I was "extra" lucky. The Blue Angels arrived early and I get to seem them practice Thursday and Friday before the show. Both days some friends and I got to climb to the top of our 4 story Aircraft Maintenance dock and watch them perform from there. To say the least,I didn't want them to stop. It was AWESOME from that view!!!! I have NEVER seen that many people in my life!!!

:)

Pudlugger
03-31-2005, 06:34 PM
I have watched several Blue Angel shows out at Point Magu NAFB and can say they are the schizletz.

rockdale80
03-31-2005, 07:35 PM
never seen either, other than on tv....bet they are both awesome

pirate44
03-31-2005, 08:45 PM
air shows are the best. great family entertainment. the kids get to climb in the jets and choppers. id like to see one where they feature the skunkworks projects ie. SR-71 or F-117 stealth :)

ILS1
03-31-2005, 09:37 PM
That's one aircraft I never got to see was the SR-71. But I did see so many others. F-117A,B-1,B-2 and even Air Force One...... I also saw the Space Shuttle pigback on a 747. It made a stop at Carswell before heading to Cape Canaveral. That was an awesome sight!!

:eek:

pirate44
04-01-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
That's one aircraft I never got to see was the SR-71. But I did see so many others. F-117A,B-1,B-2 and even Air Force One...... I also saw the Space Shuttle pigback on a 747. It made a stop at Carswell before heading to Cape Canaveral. That was an awesome sight!!

:eek:
wow ILS1, you are a lucky guy.