PDA

View Full Version : New District 30-3A

District303aPastPlayer
02-03-2004, 10:31 PM
what do you think of this new one...
Sinton, Mathis, Aransas Pass, Ingleside and the shocker.. Goliad..

I am thinking this may be Sintons gift from The UIL

pirateman98
02-04-2004, 03:42 AM
I really can't say that I am happy with this new realignment. I think by taking out West Oso it only makes our district a little weaker. I could be wrong but it should be interesting. I like that Taft isn't there anymore but I would have hoped to keep West Oso in the mix.

sinton66
02-04-2004, 08:03 AM
I've never seen Sinton in a five team district before, but it's ok with me. I agree that the district was weakened a bit by Oso's departure. It's going to be somewhat difficult to schedule six non-district games. It'll be real interesting to see what we come up with. Sound off as soon as any of you know.

SINTON81
02-04-2004, 09:30 AM
I'm don't like the 5 team new district to much, a team could go 2-2 in district and still make the playoffs. :( frown

District303aPastPlayer
02-04-2004, 10:08 AM
realistically, we only need 5 non district opponents... Coach could opt to have an off week in week week, and then in weeks 7-10. play district.. Wow.. that is a short district... You could also go 1-3 and make the playoffs.. It was done last year by a San Antonio team.

SintonFan
02-04-2004, 12:22 PM
One of the advantages of having a five team district is ability to schedule stronger programs to play. Last year the district was weaker than usual and this next year could be the same. Having to only play four games means you can schedule tougher teams before district which in turn would ultimately strenghten Sinton's "strength of schedule" overall. Now we would most likely have to travel a bit, but it would be worth it down the road and in the playoffs. We just have to find the best teams that also have odd teams districts, or off weeks, that are willing to play us.

<small>[ February 04, 2004, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

SintonFan
02-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Ingleside looks like they are outgrowing Sinton. Who knows, the next time around, Sinton could be in div. two if the mustangs make the playoffs in three years.

OnceABuc
02-04-2004, 01:25 PM
FYI, here is Sinton's non-district schedule for next year. Taft, Gregory-Portland, West Oso, Beeville, Cuero & Orange Grove, plus the 4 district games.

SintonFan
02-04-2004, 03:35 PM
OnceABuc:
FYI, here is Sinton's non-district schedule for next year. Taft, Gregory-Portland, West Oso, Beeville, Cuero & Orange Grove, plus the 4 district games..
Thanks for the info. :cool:
Well, thats four quality opponents(Gregory-Portland, West Oso, Beeville with coach Soza and Cuero) and two tweeners(Taft and OG).
A much harder schedule than district, IMO.

Phil C
02-04-2004, 03:57 PM
I don't like the non-district schedule at all. Why couldn't we play 3A schools even if it meant travel? Now we have two 4A schools in Gregory-Portland and Beeville. I am concerned about the injury factor which has hit us twice the last two years by just playing G-P. Now with Beeville maybe double trouble.

crzyjournalist03
02-04-2004, 04:04 PM
Phil C:
I don't like the non-district schedule at all. Why couldn't we play 3A schools even if it meant travel? Now we have two 4A schools in Gregory-Portland and Beeville. I am concerned about the injury factor which has hit us twice the last two years by just playing G-P. Now with Beeville maybe double trouble.Forney has played 4A schools a lot in pre-district recently...I tend to think that the gap from the top of 3A to the bottom of 4A might be one of the smallest gaps there is in Texas HS sports. Forney has been consistently beating up on some 4A school for several years now...I wouldn't expect Sinton to have much trouble considering what they'll have returning next year.

Phil C
02-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Czy you have a good point but the fact is that the past two years we have played G-P we have had injuries that hurt us during the rest of the season and the playoffs. I may be wrong and you may be right and this is one time where I hope I am wrong.

SINTON81
02-04-2004, 04:55 PM
I would have liked to play Burnet a non-district game in 2004. I think Sinton would beat them. Well, maybe 2005. It would have to be played half way in between both towns so that no one would get mad.

SintonFan
02-04-2004, 06:12 PM
crzyjournalist03:

Phil C:
I don't like the non-district schedule at all. Why couldn't we play 3A schools even if it meant travel? Now we have two 4A schools in Gregory-Portland and Beeville. I am concerned about the injury factor which has hit us twice the last two years by just playing G-P. Now with Beeville maybe double trouble.Forney has played 4A schools a lot in pre-district recently...I tend to think that the gap from the top of 3A to the bottom of 4A might be one of the smallest gaps there is in Texas HS sports. Forney has been consistently beating up on some 4A school for several years now...I wouldn't expect Sinton to have much trouble considering what they'll have returning next year..
Actually crzy, Phil has a good point. There is alot of bad blood between Sinton and GP. It seems to come more from GP. Don't get me wrong, Sinton isn't perfect, and I have no illusions about that. Although the things I heard from GP fans and some of their players smack of downright poor sportmanship(understatement). Targeting certain players and such. We all know some of this go on but it would be best if the chance of these things to be minimalized.

sinfan75
02-04-2004, 10:46 PM
OnceABuc:
FYI, here is Sinton's non-district schedule for next year. Taft, Gregory-Portland, West Oso, Beeville, Cuero & Orange Grove, plus the 4 district games.If that's the order they're playin these teams and Sinton plays Taft zero week when will Sinton's off week be? Between Beeville and Cuero would be the best bet huh?

pirateman98
02-05-2004, 12:21 AM
I would of hoped that we didn't play Taft at all this year. The only reason I can see that we scheduled them for this year is because of the rivalary we have with one another. I like the teams we play but not Taft. That is my opinion on this schedule. Other than that, it looks good to me

District303aPastPlayer
02-05-2004, 12:29 AM
Sinton/Taft is one of the oldest rivalries in South Texas from what i have been informed of over the years. I believe this game goes back 82-90 years..

SintonFan
02-05-2004, 02:34 AM
pirateman98:
I would of hoped that we didn't play Taft at all this year. The only reason I can see that we scheduled them for this year is because of the rivalary we have with one another. I like the teams we play but not Taft. That is my opinion on this schedule. Other than that, it looks good to me.
Why not play Taft? The rivalry is great. Now Rice should be a better challenge overall with their talent. Taft did play Sinton pretty darn tough last year, though.

<small>[ February 05, 2004, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

pirateman98
02-05-2004, 07:22 AM
Like I said it is my opinion. I know that Taft did play us pretty hard this past year, but I would of hoped to play another team, that's all. Regardless I hope the Pirates will make another run for the title and hope that Taft has great success in 2a. It has been awhile since we have played a team in 2a. It has been so long I can not remember. That is really all that I am saying.

SintonFan
02-06-2004, 09:28 PM
pirateman98:
Like I said it is my opinion. I know that Taft did play us pretty hard this past year, but I would of hoped to play another team, that's all. Regardless I hope the Pirates will make another run for the title and hope that Taft has great success in 2a. It has been awhile since we have played a team in 2a. It has been so long I can not remember. That is really all that I am saying..
It has been a long time since Sinton played a 2A team. Good point.
Scrimmaging Refugio doesn't count, does it?

pirateman98
02-07-2004, 07:39 AM
O.K.. you kind of got me their on that one. I think of it as a warm up to the season. All I can say that you have left me with nothing more to say. That was a very valid point!

Buccaneer
02-14-2004, 05:13 PM
Sinton tried to schedule Refugio in the regular season but they would not play us. Sinton's open date will come during district play. With 5 teams someone will have to be off each week. The worst part of a 5 team district will show up during basketball and baseball where you try to play 2 games a week.

sinton66
02-14-2004, 05:25 PM
I have a feeling that after the last two years, G-P may find out what "headhunting" can result in. There's definitely one kid on Sinton's team capable of knocking them into the middle of the next week. Just like Sinton's climb up from the "also ran" ranks over the years, when Sinton's kids finally get a belly full of that stuff, they'll know how to stop it.

<small>[ February 14, 2004, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Gobbla2001
02-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Wasn't GP like 5A a few years back?

Anyway, Goliad's actually moving on up, they're starting to buy into the system etc... from what I have seen...

sinton66
02-14-2004, 06:51 PM
I think they've been close a couple of times, but don't remember them ever being 5A.

Gobbla2001
02-14-2004, 07:14 PM
sinton66:
I think they've been close a couple of times, but don't remember them ever being 5A.Thanks, just did some research at Collier-Sharp...

They were in district 31-5A in '82 and '83 (16-4-1 combined record)...

sinton66
02-14-2004, 07:57 PM
Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks.