PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater Restaurants??

ej2525
03-29-2005, 09:04 AM
I have never been to Sweetwater & I will be staying there Thursday night on business. I am looking for suggestions on where to grab a bite & any special dishes I should check out? Any suggestions?

StangMom2
03-29-2005, 09:41 AM
Big Boy's BBQ or Buck's Steak & BBQ and both are off the interstate.

Bubba-Joe
03-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Bubba Joe has to recommed my buddys place "Big Boys Bar-B-Q" This place was voted one of the "Top 50 Bar-B-Q joints" by Texas Monthly.
and ole Bubba Joe will tell right now, this place will make ya throw rocks at all the other bar-b-q joints you ever eat at before.
Big Boy Marth serves up a great Chopped Beef sandwich, but you need to give his pork tender loin a try
Don't leave without a slice of his wife's cheese cake - it'll make ya slap yo momma
Big Boy don't serve no Adult Beverages, not sure if you can bring em in or not, getcha a Big Red and enjoy.

Big Boys is located on the East side of Hwy 70 like you was headed to Angelo just off the South-side of Interstate 20
Look for the Texas flag next to the Old Holiday Bowling alley.
Be Sure and tell em Bubba Joe sent ya.

pero chato
03-29-2005, 10:37 AM
Mrs. Allen's for good homestyle all-you-can-eat cookin'

ej2525
03-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the suggestions!! My mind is already smelling BBQ!!

Does Ms. Allen's serve breakfast? BBQ for dinner & home cooking for breakfast!! If that is possible sounds good to me.

injuredinmelee
03-29-2005, 11:53 AM
If you are ever in Sweetwater for lunch you must go to Mrs. Allens!!! The food is unbelievable. Shes only open like 5 days a week an only for lunch.

ej2525
03-29-2005, 12:12 PM
Bummer... I won't be there during the lunch hour. But, I will have to check that out if I ever get the chance again which I should.

Bubba-Joe
03-29-2005, 12:22 PM
Momma Allens is good
but the specilty there is chicken
Fried Chicken
they serve some bar-b q but it aint the main dish
Allens is family style
which means you could be sittin with bubba joe so pass the tater salad quickly and stay away from the peach cobbler

pirate44
03-29-2005, 12:24 PM
yall cut it out. we still got 30 minutes till lunch

mustang04
03-29-2005, 12:31 PM
Big Boys Bar-B-Q is AWESOME!.....BUT...i'd take my dads barbeque over big boys any day, i wish my dad would open a restaurant, but oh well

Mrs. Allens chicken is seriously the BEST fried chicken ive ever eaten or prolly ever will eat, my mouth is seriously watering just to eat some

if u want a good breakfast, i say go to Oak Street Cafe, while ur heading down Broadway towards Roscoe, as soo as u pass the Theatre take the next left and go towards the tracks, its on ur left...GREAT breakfasts

Phantom Stang
03-31-2005, 02:36 PM
I've eaten at Babe's in Roanoke(supposed to be the best fried chicken in the DFW Metroplex), and Allen's beats 'em beyond comparison.