PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Stockton - is this official?

Ranger Mom
03-28-2005, 04:13 PM
Howard leaving Henrietta for Fort Stockton
By Times Record News
March 26, 2005

Henrietta head football coach and athletic director Tom Howard is expected become the new head coach and A.D. at Fort Stockton, pending board approval Tuesday night.

After Tuesday's action by the Fort Stockton school board, Howard will take over the position at the Class 3A school around the middle or end of next month.

"I used to coach in that area several years ago. They have great facilities," Howard said. "Their program is in a lot better shape than the Henrietta program when I came here."

Howard has been at Henrietta seven years. During the last five years, the Bearcats have averaged eight wins per season.

Speaking of his tenure at Henrietta, Howard said, "It has been enjoyable. I worked with great kids and a fantastic coaching staff. That was the hardest part, leaving the coaches and great kids. But it was an opportunity I couldn't say no to."

Under his leadership, Henrietta won a district title in 2000 and went to the bi-district playoff round. In 2004, the Bearcats won the District 8-2A championship and made it to the state semifinals, posting a 12-2 record.

Howard was named the Times Record News Red River 22 small school coach of the year in 2004 and was co-recipient of the award in 2000.

Howard will be head coach of the Texas team in this year's Oil Bowl Texas-Oklahoma Football Classic.

The University of North Texas graduate (1980) previous coached at Edgewood 10 years, Bruceville-Eddy two years, and his first head coaching job was at Fort Davis from 1983-1985.

HighSchool Fan
03-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Howard will be head coach of the Texas team in this year's Oil Bowl Texas-Oklahoma Football Classic.

on a side note, Gainesville's Jeff Cordell will also be one of the Texas coaches

GreenMonster
03-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Yes, Rm. This is official. Coach Howard was on the news last night here in the greater Wichita Falls area say ing that he indeed was leaving for Ft Stockton.

WTF-82
03-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Congradulations Coach Howard.
When does School board make it official.

Wtx_coach
03-29-2005, 02:31 PM
I think I read on the newspaper where they are going to make it offical tonight if im not mistaken