PDA

View Full Version : Yikes!!!

AP Panther Fan
03-28-2005, 11:28 AM
For those of you who aren't Texans or, God forbid, Oklahomans, Lake Texoma, as the name implies, lies along the border of the two states.

This is a picture of a catfish that a guy recently caught at Lake
Texoma. According to the news, he was fishing from the shore with a 20 pound test line.

When he realized what a huge fish he had caught, he stayed in the water with it and kept it close to shore with his hands.

He used his cell phone to call a friend and tell him to bring a
scale. The friend got there and the scale topped out at 100 pounds.

They took it to the nearby Bait shop and weighed it there.

It weighed 121 pounds!

Luckily a Game Warden was there and called the Athens Freshwater Fisheries Center and asked them if they wanted the fish. They sent a 'live truck' to the site and brought the fish safely to Athens.

They are getting it ready for the public to view. The paper said that it would be two to three weeks before they'd release into the public tank.. They estimated that the 121 pound catfish was about 27 years old!

Want to go swimming in Lake Texoma?

http://img38.exs.cx/img38/4872/catfish0ar.jpg

pirate44
03-28-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
For those of you who aren't Texans or, God forbid, Oklahomans, Lake Texoma, as the name implies, lies along the border of the two states.

This is a picture of a catfish that a guy recently caught at Lake
Texoma. According to the news, he was fishing from the shore with a 20 pound test line.

When he realized what a huge fish he had caught, he stayed in the water with it and kept it close to shore with his hands.

He used his cell phone to call a friend and tell him to bring a
scale. The friend got there and the scale topped out at 100 pounds.

They took it to the nearby Bait shop and weighed it there.

It weighed 121 pounds!

Luckily a Game Warden was there and called the Athens Freshwater Fisheries Center and asked them if they wanted the fish. They sent a 'live truck' to the site and brought the fish safely to Athens.

They are getting it ready for the public to view. The paper said that it would be two to three weeks before they'd release into the public tank.. They estimated that the 121 pound catfish was about 27 years old!

Want to go swimming in Lake Texoma?

http://img38.exs.cx/img38/4872/catfish0ar.jpg
a few 20 lb. hush puppies and a 50 gal. drum of beer and you got one heckuva fish fry

Keith7
03-28-2005, 04:01 PM
wow.. Lake Texoma is about 20 minutes north east of here i'm gonna have to go fishing soon

jason
03-28-2005, 04:07 PM
i hate to burst your bubble, but that story and pic have been floating around for a while...it definitely wasnt recently....

HighSchool Fan
03-28-2005, 05:03 PM
it's been atleast a year and probably closer to 2 years.

and i go swimming there all the time.

keith, it's not hard to catch a 50lb + catfish over by the dam.

Manck
03-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Yeah, I'm just ready for the lake to warm back up, because that lake was COLD a couple of weeks ago,

I'm proud to have shared swimming waters with such an impressive beast.