PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Heard Of Cowboy Mouth

JHS_c/o_06'
03-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Cowboy Mouth is Rock band out of New Orleans. And they regularly tour in Texas and surrounding areas and i was wondering if anyone else has heard of them before?

CHS_CG
03-27-2005, 05:52 PM
I have... they have played in College Station a couple of times.

big daddy russ
03-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
Cowboy Mouth is Rock band out of New Orleans. And they regularly tour in Texas and surrounding areas and i was wondering if anyone else has heard of them before?
Yeah, they had a big hit when I was in HS. I don't know if you've ever heard "Jenny Says" on your local alternative station, but it was huge circa 1996. They were a one-hit wonder, but I've seen them a couple times since then. They have a strong following in the East Texas/Louisiana/Western MS area.

Gobbla2001
03-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Hmmm... can't think of a tune or anything, russ, but that does sound like a familiar song and band...

big daddy russ
03-27-2005, 10:28 PM
Jenny saaayyys...
turn off the radio
Jenny saaayyys...
turn off the lights
Jenny saaayyys...
turn off the video

You beat yourself up
to bring yourself down (I think that's what he says)

Let it go, let it go, let it go...
When the world is coming down I'm gonna let it goooooo...

Ring any bells?

Rockdale Tiger
03-27-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Jenny saaayyys...
turn off the radio
Jenny saaayyys...
turn off the lights
Jenny saaayyys...
turn off the video

You beat yourself up
to bring yourself down (I think that's what he says)

When the world is coming down I'm gonna let it goooooo...

Ring any bells? Nope

JHS_c/o_06'
03-28-2005, 12:08 AM
i used to not like Jenny Says.....but its kinda grown on me

ej2525
03-28-2005, 08:37 AM
I have seen them in concert in Lafayette, LA when I was in college. That was about 7-8 years ago.

JHS_c/o_06'
03-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Well....point being. They are having a FREE concert at Wolf Pen Creek Amphitheater in College Station on Saturday May 7th. Me and a friend from here in Jasper are gonna drive up there and meet a friend who goes to A&M (Bulldog_12) and hes gonna be at the concert too. So if any of yall in that area wanna go and meet up. Let one of us know.

Rabbit'93
03-28-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm not big on drummer's who sing. :(

JHS_c/o_06'
03-28-2005, 04:03 PM
C'mon man...thats what makes them so differnt. And hey...he's a great front man....what other person do you know gets up from the drums and go climbing on the scaffling (sp?) and singing.

Gobbla2001
03-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I'm not big on drummer's who sing. :(

Oh give us drummer's a break...

We sit in the back, playing along... We can't get up and dance around while playing our instrument (unless of course we're in a marching band, which I was/am not)... We're the least known musicians in all of music (back-ups singer's get more hype than the drummers)...

LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD haha...

Not in a band or anything, but used to play drums at church with the 'praise group' or whatever they are these days... Could jam in the day, need to get back into it...