PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Point player ruled ineligible.. New basketball record 0-29

Keith7
03-27-2005, 02:39 AM
Pilot Point player ruled ineligible

Bearcats to forfeit entire basketball season

Staff report

PILOT POINT - Pilot Point junior football and basketball player Adam McBride was ruled ineligible by the District 6-3A executive committee Thursday.

The ruling means that Pilot Point must forfeit their entire basketball season, the last game of the football regular season, and the Bearcats playoff game in football.

The Bearcats' 16-13 run to the area basketball playoffs is wiped out. Instead, their record will be 0-29. The Bearcats' record in football falls from 8-3 to 7-4.

McBride's parents and the Pilot Point school district can appeal the decision to the University Interscholastic League state executive committee.

According to a story in today's edition of the Denton Record-Chronicle, the McBrides moved to Pilot Point from Missouri to raise cutting horses on land in the Aubrey school district. The family rented a house in Pilot Point, but on or about Nov. 4, 2004, the water line broke in the rented house. The family then moved into an apartment on their land in Aubrey. He was ruled ineligible for all games played after that date.

LH Panther Mom
03-27-2005, 07:49 AM
Wow! Right now I'm thinking it's a good thing they didn't win a state championship in either sport.

KTJ
03-27-2005, 02:08 PM
So they had a house in Aubrey but he was still going to school in Pilot Point? So because of that, they got in trouble?

Something doesn't sound right....

GreenMonster
03-27-2005, 09:17 PM
If this is indeed a true story, which I have no reason to doubt because Keith is a fine and upstanding poster here on the d-low, there is some really petty problems inside of that executive committee. The kid was enrolled at Pilot Point and there are no obvious signs of ill intent here on the student's part. If there purely athletic motives I might be able to see this but the friggin water line broke. Give the kid a break. There is no intent here. This kid and his family would still be living in that house today were it not for an unforseen incident. Also, in this day and age of schools fighting over state money most schools allow outside transfers to attend their schools and participate on their sports teams. This is a terrible decision by the executive committee and they need to take another look at this.

JasperDog94
03-27-2005, 11:20 PM
Talk about no justice. This kid gets himself and his team in trouble by accident. Meanwhile, a kid tells his former team that he's moving to play football for Pilot Point, does so and nothing's done. Give me a break.:rolleyes: