PDA

View Full Version : Lady Bears in Elite 8

sahen
03-26-2005, 11:21 PM
after beating the manly ladies from minnesota...sic'em!

LH Panther Mom
03-26-2005, 11:30 PM
WooHoo! Congrats! :clap: :clap:

kepdawg
03-27-2005, 12:58 AM
Good job ladies!

Phil C
03-28-2005, 11:12 AM
Way to go Baylor!

LH Panther Mom
03-28-2005, 11:21 AM
Sahen, I had a bad feeling about the Lady Raiders playing Tennessee 2-3 days ago. I told hubby I didn't they'd win & that I hoped if that was the case, that I was rooting for the Lady Bears the rest of the way.

Turns out that I was right. :eek: They stunk it up yesterday. :(

Sic 'em, Lady Bears. (Now humming the Star Wars theme & doing the "claw".)

KTJ
03-28-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm rooting for them. Simply because it's Baylor and they need something to be good in so why not women's basketball. :D

Baylor has really bounced back after all the turmoil surrounding the school in recent years. Success in athletics is probably the best thing for them now. So go Lady Bears!

Also, when Conradt retires, KMR should be at the top of the list to take her place.

sahen
03-29-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
I'm rooting for them. Simply because it's Baylor and they need something to be good in so why not women's basketball. :D

Baylor has really bounced back after all the turmoil surrounding the school in recent years. Success in athletics is probably the best thing for them now. So go Lady Bears!

Also, when Conradt retires, KMR should be at the top of the list to take her place.
u couldnt be any more arrogant, condescending and wrong...but whatever atleast ur pulling for the lady bears...

sahen
03-29-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sahen, I had a bad feeling about the Lady Raiders playing Tennessee 2-3 days ago. I told hubby I didn't they'd win & that I hoped if that was the case, that I was rooting for the Lady Bears the rest of the way.

Turns out that I was right. :eek: They stunk it up yesterday. :(

Sic 'em, Lady Bears. (Now humming the Star Wars theme & doing the "claw".)

i was pulling for the lady raiders too and was disappointed in that game....oh well, hopefully the lady bears can win 2 more and bring a national title home to baylor in women's bball...

KTJ
03-29-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by sahen
u couldnt be any more arrogant, condescending and wrong...but whatever atleast ur pulling for the lady bears...

What's arrogant, condescending, and wrong about that post?

Please explain.

KTJ
03-29-2005, 02:12 PM
ttt

sahen
03-29-2005, 09:03 PM
arrogant....it seems arrogant to think that KMR would go to UT after she has built a power at Baylor...UT fans (not all UT fans just a good amount that i have encountered) seem to think they have a divine right to all the good coaches, it kinda gets under my skin....stuff like that, maybe u didnt mean it that way but when i read it, it came across that way....i seriously do not see KMR leaving baylor at all, barring someone offers her a ridiculous amount of money....baylor would match any big offer, but not ridiculous...plus i believe she signed an extension last year, however she will prolly get a nice raise after this year...
condescending, i dont remember why i wrote that....it was last night so maybe it wasnt condescending just sounded good r something...honestly i cant remember y.....so i take that back
wrong....we dont need a sport to be good at, we are already good at plenty of sports the problem is no one is aware of it because it isnt football or men's basketball....however im sure u are aware we r good in baseball.....baylor's athletic program is looked down apon because of their horrible showing in football the last 10 years, however football does not make your program...right now baylor has 7 of the 11 sports they r playing in the spring ranked in teh top 20...we are doing fine in athletics if football and men's basketball (by far our 2 worse sports) would pick it up then we would basically be stanford w/o the history...

KTJ
03-31-2005, 11:32 AM
Well see, you've assumed that I meant all of those things in my original post, but yet I didn't mean those things at all. The first comment was tounge-in-cheek, hence the smiley face. Everything else was just a thought--nothing more and nothing less.

Yes, she's built a good program at Baylor and if she stays there, that's fantastic. But you, as well as everyone else, knows that coaching at a school for forever isn't set in stone. But if she keeps building a Tennessee-like program at BU, then she'll be there for a good while.