PDA

View Full Version : Say a prayer please!

Ranger Mom
03-26-2005, 10:29 PM
My son was trampled riding bulls today and is having a catscan done now.

I left Monahans and came on home and had someone drive him home...he was acting fine then. On the way home he evidently started falling asleep and they couldn't seem to wake him up good, so they took him to the emergency room in Andrews.

They just called me and told me the dr. ordered a catscan!

Thanks!

LH Panther Mom
03-26-2005, 10:31 PM
You've got it! I hope all turns out okay. :(

marlin fan
03-26-2005, 10:33 PM
prayers from MF!! hope he's alright!!

CHS_CG
03-26-2005, 10:39 PM
I hope he is ok. Keep us posted please!

Bandera YaYa
03-26-2005, 10:47 PM
I hope and pray he's OK.....let us know when you find out something..we'll be here waiting....no matter what time.

44INAROW
03-26-2005, 10:50 PM
Sure thing Ranger Mom....... Please keep us posted...... :inlove:

Old Dog
03-26-2005, 11:50 PM
Many prayers are being pled on your son's behave tonight!

BrahmaMom
03-26-2005, 11:58 PM
Prayers from Bellville for your son, and you. The power of prayer can never be underestimated. When your son recovers, please ask him not to ride bulls again--for ME! Seriously, God bless and keep you and that precious baby of yours in His loving care.

CHS_CG
03-27-2005, 12:03 AM
Asking Chad not to ride is like tryin to get a 4 year old not to throw a fit in the grocery store down the cereal aisle.. hes very hard headed! Hopefully he is ok.

bevo
03-27-2005, 12:46 AM
...he's in our thoughts and prayers, Ranger Mom.

pirate4state
03-27-2005, 01:51 AM
Of course! My mom was at church forEVER this evening -- will be sending out extra prayers for you & your family. Keep us posted.

Ranger Mom
03-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Thanks guys and gals!!

Catscan was clear and his jaw is not broken.....all he could complain about was that he was hungry.

The Dr's recommended he stay overnight, but he refused, so he signed an AMA and left. (Stubborn just aint the word for him right now)

I don't know if his insurance company will pick up any of the bill since he left against their advice.

Many thanks for your prayers!

Rockdale Tiger
03-27-2005, 09:56 AM
He probably should of stayed. I had him in my prayers though. The only thing that sucks about staying in the hospitbal when i had my concussion was not getting to eat. I only got a piece of ice when I got hungry and of course the IV. Anyways, I hope he gets healthy.

CheerMom
03-27-2005, 11:10 AM
He will continue to be in my prayers and thoughts.

Old Green
03-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Glad to hear your son is fine RM.

PhiI C
03-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Glad to hear your son is fine RM.

me too RM but next time he needs to follow the medical advice. There is no need to take foolish chances.

gobbler grad
03-27-2005, 04:52 PM
good to hear everything is alright...

JHS_c/o_06'
03-27-2005, 05:27 PM
I'll put him in the prayer request at youth tonight

Ranger Mom
03-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Just got back from visiting him...he seems fine. His jaw is a little swollen and he is sore, but that's about it.

He still insist he won't wear a protective helmet when he rides....in two weeks. (Where does all that stubborness come from)?:p

Evidently the hospital wanted to keep him for observation overnight because they said he lost consciousness for awhile. I was there, he was never unconscious...he was just knocked goofy for a bit. I have every agonizing second of it on film.

I think it's crazy the hospital refuses to file his insurance because he left against their advice...they must not want their money too bad. All the hospital has is his middle and last name and whatever address he gave them...which wasn't his!

BrahmaMom
03-27-2005, 07:23 PM
Some insurance co's will pay even if it's AMA, esp if the insured writes a letter of explanation (Dear Sirs: I wanted to save you money"). Good luck. Stufbborn sons are God's way of punishing us for our own sins of youth, I think. Anyway, glad he's safe, that film will be agonizing every time you watch it. God bless.

Green Ranger
03-27-2005, 10:57 PM
Mom,
He should not ride or do any thing for a week that might cause him to hit his head. Just because his cat scan is clear DOES NOT mean he is out of danger. If he was knocked out, he has a concussion, which means the second, third and so on will come that much easier. Not telling you how to be a mom, but as far as medically goes, if he is under 18 I would send his butt back to the hospital and make sure he doesnt get back on a bull any time soon. Concussions are nothing to mess around with but I am glad his cat scan was clear.

Hope everything is going great.
Green Ranger

Continued Prayers your direction

Ranger Mom
03-28-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Green Ranger
Mom,
He should not ride or do any thing for a week that might cause him to hit his head. Just because his cat scan is clear DOES NOT mean he is out of danger. If he was knocked out, he has a concussion, which means the second, third and so on will come that much easier. Not telling you how to be a mom, but as far as medically goes, if he is under 18 I would send his butt back to the hospital and make sure he doesnt get back on a bull any time soon. Concussions are nothing to mess around with but I am glad his cat scan was clear.

Hope everything is going great.
Green Ranger

Continued Prayers your direction

Thanks for the advice Doc.

He is 19 and he is a"man" by gosh....I'm just a mom, so I don't know anything!:rolleyes:

The next rodeo isn't until April 9th, so he won't do anything crazy until then........(I hope)!:p

AP Panther Fan
03-28-2005, 09:02 AM
Wow, looks like I missed alot this weekend. I will continue to keep him and your family in my thoughts!

I am also going to hope that whatever bull he gets on the 9th isn't so damn mean. Hmmm, wonder if we could slip a sedative in his feed?:rolleyes: :D

Ranger Mom
03-28-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

I am also going to hope that whatever bull he gets on the 9th isn't so damn mean. Hmmm, wonder if we could slip a sedative in his feed?:rolleyes: :D

It's ironic you say that! When he drew this particular bull everyone told him it was a good one....after it throws you off it STOPS bucking. We just didn't expect him to stop bucking right in Chad's face!

I have been fired from videoing...after if came down on him the first time, I dropped the camera and missed the second stomp! Now he can't show all his friends how cool it REALLY was!:rolleyes:

pirate44
03-28-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Hmmm, wonder if we could slip a sedative in his feed?:rolleyes: :D
a little syringe full of Ace should take care of him.;)

20dawgz05
03-28-2005, 12:30 PM
mom you will be happy to know this i was talking to him last night and i said "alright Chad im gonna be a good girl and tell u to go take more meds and go to sleep so u feel better" haha he didnt listen i dont think (imagine that) haha

Bandera YaYa
03-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It's ironic you say that! When he drew this particular bull everyone told him it was a good one....after it throws you off it STOPS bucking. We just didn't expect him to stop bucking right in Chad's face!

I have been fired from videoing...after if came down on him the first time, I dropped the camera and missed the second stomp! Now he can't show all his friends how cool it REALLY was!:rolleyes: Bull riders are wired different upstairs than the rest of us...I have known several and they are all alike. Hats off to you RM, cuz I couldn't and wouldn't watch any child of mine do that one time, much less after being nearly trompled to death! Hmmm....still don't know what part of the story was the "cool" part ?! :cool: :confused:

Ranger Mom
03-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Bull riders are wired different upstairs than the rest of us...I have known several and they are all alike. Hats off to you RM, cuz I couldn't and wouldn't watch any child of mine do that one time, much less after being nearly trompled to death! Hmmm....still don't know what part of the story was the "cool" part ?! :cool: :confused:

I have had many people ask me why I go if I dislike it so much.

My answer?? How can I NOT go? If this had happened and I had not been there, I would have been more worried than I was. At least I got to see and touch him and know for MYSELF that he was okay!

Bandera YaYa
03-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have had many people ask me why I go if I dislike it so much.

My answer?? How can I NOT go? If this had happened and I had not been there, I would have been more worried than I was. At least I got to see and touch him and know for MYSELF that he was okay! Of course, I can understand that!! I'm glad you were there....but, heck being a Mom sure can suck sometimes!!!! Hail to the Moms!!!! :D

BrahmaMom
03-28-2005, 08:43 PM
How can you NOT go, as a mom. I have always said, I go to the football games to ride in the ambulance. Green Ranger gave excellent medical advice, April 9 is WAY to soon to get back on. But I understand, it sounds like bullriders are wired a little like linebackers! Good luck, I'll keep you in my prayers.