PDA

View Full Version : I visited Abilene....

NHSRattler60
03-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Beautiful town, wonderful kept campus, Hardin Simmons. Red Brick buildings, well trimmed and grown grass, great people, and the football feild....holy crap. I wanted to plant my cleats into that field the moment I saw it. Made my mouth water. Theres a burger king on campus. How sweet is that?

Abilene Christian didn't look very nice. Sand lot with patches of grass and buildings. Did get out to look around, just drove by and looked.

Schools I'm gonna check out: TSU- San Marcos, Stephen F. Austin, Sam Houston State, and Blinn.

Well thats my cach up post. Happy Easter or Passover, whichever you may be. Its Easter for me.

-David Roark

Ranger Mom
03-25-2005, 11:49 PM
I lived in Abilene for about a year...that's a great town!

j_dog
03-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60

Schools I'm gonna check out: ... Sam Houston State, ....
.......-David Roark
A very good school! :D Good luck! :)

injuredinmelee
03-26-2005, 07:01 AM
You should go back and check out the ACU campus. Its opretty nice. The buildings inside are so much better than out. The big music building beside the road is only like 2 years old (even though they mad it look 50). And most importantly for a feller your age... they have the hottest chicks in Abilene.

Z motion 10 out on 2
03-26-2005, 09:55 AM
Hardin Simmons is awesome in football. Check out their website.

Great school.

wildstangs
03-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Abilene is a pretty nice place. Most will disagree with me, but after growing up in Sweetwater, Abilene is a HUGE step up. If I could start all over though, I think I would go to a public university. TSU is in a very nice part of Texas, and is quite fun as well.

I have attended both of them. Personally, I like HSU more than ACU. HSU is a very nice campus, and I think the people there are much more friendly than they are at ACU.

I will agree with melee though, there are some very nice looking ladies at ACU, of course HSU has its fair share also.

injuredinmelee
03-26-2005, 12:49 PM
The United on Judge Ely is the best plac in the world to be on a sunday when church lets out. I will agree with wild there are some hotties at hardly sinnin also.

onfirebball05mustang
03-26-2005, 06:39 PM
lol sounds like my thoughts exactly! I visited during spring break and found HSU to be the better of the three in Abilene---can't go wrong with a burger king and starbucks on campus with taco bell across the street! Niiice place! Did you sit in on a class?

NHSRattler60
03-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Didnt get to. Our Tour was at 1 and the classroom stuff ended at 12 or so. got some t-shirts though.