PDA

View Full Version : Who has Good Friday off?

Ranger Mom
03-25-2005, 10:20 AM
I do, I do.

I plan on working in my yard as soon as it warms up. The weather bug is forcasting high's in the upper 70's - I just might break a sweat!:D

marlin fan
03-25-2005, 10:21 AM
LOL!!!!

Gobbla2001
03-25-2005, 10:25 AM
MEEEEEEE

May go to Bass Pro Shops in Katy...

AP Panther Fan
03-25-2005, 10:25 AM
Not me!:(

We only get the really important holidays like Martin Luther King Day, Columbus Day, President's Day etc....:rolleyes:

Hope you enjoy your day off!:)

spiveyrat
03-25-2005, 10:30 AM
Not me. :(

I don't get any days off for Holy Week/Easter nor any of the "lesser" days off during the year... i.e. President's day etc. However, around Christmas thru New Years day, I usually get 6-8 working days off. Typically, I take about 3 vacation days during that time to pull it up to an even two weeks off.

So, don't feel sorry for me for not getting today off. (Like you would anyway). ;) :D

spiveyrat
03-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Not me!:(

We only get the really important holidays like Martin Luther King Day, Columbus Day, President's Day etc....:rolleyes:

Hope you enjoy your day off!:)

That only makes sense if you work for the government.

Bandera YaYa
03-25-2005, 10:34 AM
I'm here until noon....gotta do payroll for the ranch and pay a few bills. When I was offered this job I negotiated for 7 weeks vacation time...and i can use it whenever....I like to take half days on Friday... But then I'm gonna head out to SA for some shopping with my youngest. I have been working in my yard all week....well, I had my lawn mowed, but i have to rake leaves!! UGH!! It's been in the 80's this week....good yard work weather! I'm going to buy some flowers today, and plant them tomm. Have fun in your yard RM!! :cool:

Ranger Mom
03-25-2005, 10:36 AM
My husband works 12 days on - 4 days off. The only time he gets a holiday off (ANY of them) is if his days off happen to fall on that holiday.

pirate4state
03-25-2005, 10:44 AM
I do! :D I'm headed to Corpus for some shopping. :)

Have a Happy Friday! :D

lepfan
03-25-2005, 10:47 AM
My husband is home alone while we are all at school and work! I hope he gets the house clean. We have Monday off.:rolleyes:

TheDOCTORdre
03-25-2005, 10:48 AM
I have Good Friday off and I am already awake, something is wrong with that, but its all good

LH Panther Mom
03-25-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I have Good Friday off and I am already awake, something is wrong with that, but its all good

How did you luck out? Chris had class - he thought it was totally unfair. I'm off, the two younger boys are out of school, hubby has to work.

AP Panther Fan
03-25-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I'm here until noon....gotta do payroll for the ranch and pay a few bills. When I was offered this job I negotiated for 7 weeks vacation time...and i can use it whenever....I like to take half days on Friday... But then I'm gonna head out to SA for some shopping with my youngest. I have been working in my yard all week....well, I had my lawn mowed, but i have to rake leaves!! UGH!! It's been in the 80's this week....good yard work weather! I'm going to buy some flowers today, and plant them tomm. Have fun in your yard RM!! :cool:

SEVEN WEEKS! :thinking:

I have been with the same company for 21 years and only get 17 days + all the federal holidays. You must be a heck of a negotiator! Remind me to call you if I think about changing jobs.;)

Have fun shopping and getting a little dirt under the finger nails today!:)

TheDOCTORdre
03-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
How did you luck out? Chris had class - he thought it was totally unfair. I'm off, the two younger boys are out of school, hubby has to work.
I had a class at 9 this morning and my teacher said that since that was the only class he had to teach there was no way he was going to come for one class so he let us off

Bandera YaYa
03-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
SEVEN WEEKS! :thinking:

I have been with the same company for 21 years and only get 17 days + all the federal holidays. You must be a heck of a negotiator! Remind me to call you if I think about changing jobs.;)

Have fun shopping and getting a little dirt under the finger nails today!:) he he he.....and you don't believe in my YaYa powers....??!! :kiss: :D

onfirebball05mustang
03-25-2005, 11:23 AM
I"m off---making pizza for mom and taking an online OT quiz. fun stuff lol

CHS_Grad '85
03-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Just till noon... :clap:

AP Panther Fan
03-25-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by onfirebball05mustang
I"m off---making pizza for mom and taking an online OT quiz. fun stuff lol

Well the pizza part sounds good!:thumbsup:

Now, I am thinking about food.:rolleyes:

HornetMom
03-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85
Just till noon... :clap:

Same here.

Keith7
03-25-2005, 11:55 AM
i don't have good friday off but enough people skipped my last class that our teacher let everyone leave

pirate44
03-25-2005, 12:31 PM
im off today, but i have alot of work to do around the house