PDA

View Full Version : Omg!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
03-24-2005, 11:57 AM
Many of you have heard our Lubbock "house woes" tale. After two consecutive loser renters and the boob of a property manager, we decided to get out of that business. Hubby spent numerous weekends in Lubbock, since early January, renovating and repairing our house. It saddened me to see the damage done to the first house we lived in, but he did an amazing job getting it in prime condition.

Last Thursday morning, I faxed paperwork to the realtor to put it on the market. Hubby just called and we have a contract :eek: :eek: , the prospective buyers are pre-approved and are offering more than our asking price if we will pay the closing costs. The realtor told us that the average sale time was 61 days & they are wanting to close April 5. :eek:

YIPPEE!!!!!!!

big daddy russ
03-24-2005, 12:01 PM
That's awesome, LHPM. Sounds like the big guy's helping someone out.;)

44INAROW
03-24-2005, 12:10 PM
Great news - hope it closes quick and easy :D

pirate44
03-24-2005, 12:16 PM
thats great. if selling a house is half as bad as buying, you really lucked out.:clap:

AP Panther Fan
03-24-2005, 01:01 PM
Congratulations LHPM and Mr. LHPM!:D

His hard work is now paying off! I hope it goes smoothly!:)

BHKrystal06
03-24-2005, 01:14 PM
Congrats LHPM... :clap:

onfirebball05mustang
03-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Congrats LHPM!!! That's awesome!!!:clap:

ej2525
03-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
contract :eek: :eek: , the prospective buyers are pre-approved and are offering more than our asking price if we will pay the closing costs.

That is good news for you because you can deduct every penny you spend to close that house on your taxes next filing period. If they paid the closing cost you can't deduct anything. I learned that last year when my wife & I did the same thing in 2003. FYI - in case you didn't know that.

KTJ
03-24-2005, 02:22 PM
congrats to you

SPF25
03-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Congratulations!! :clap: So whens the party to celebrate the good news? lol

Bandera YaYa
03-24-2005, 03:28 PM
That's wonderful news for sure!! I know you will be glad to get out from under it all. Just a caution tho.....it ain't a done deal until it's closed.....I'll be crossing my fingers for ya!!!! :)

LH Panther Mom
03-24-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by ej2525
That is good news for you because you can deduct every penny you spend to close that house on your taxes next filing period. If they paid the closing cost you can't deduct anything. I learned that last year when my wife & I did the same thing in 2003. FYI - in case you didn't know that.
That's good to know ahead of time. I'm the tax whiz in the family and planned to look into all this early. Thanks!

Originally posted by SPF25
Congratulations!! :clap: So whens the party to celebrate the good news? lol
When we have the money in hand. :D

Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
That's wonderful news for sure!! I know you will be glad to get out from under it all. Just a caution tho.....it ain't a done deal until it's closed.....I'll be crossing my fingers for ya!!!! :)
I'm trying not to get too excited. They have chosen the 7-day option to bow out, but that's pretty standard. :(

LHMom
03-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Glad to hear the good news, LHPM.

LH Panther Mom
04-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Okay, everyone can finally take a breath. I hope no one passed out the last couple of weeks. Closing papers arrived today for our sigs; buyer closing is tomorrow. :clap:

Many thanks to those of you who had to listen to me over the months. :)

pirate44
04-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Okay, everyone can finally take a breath. I hope no one passed out the last couple of weeks. Closing papers arrived today for our sigs; buyer closing is tomorrow. :clap:

a big congratulations LHPM. im real happy for yall:clap:

onfirebball05mustang
04-07-2005, 11:08 AM

YEAH!!!! Congrats, Mom!!! Now we just have to plan the party :D When's the next baseball game? lol

44INAROW
04-07-2005, 11:59 AM

here's hoping for a clean and succesful closing :)

Bandera YaYa
04-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by onfirebball05mustang
YEAH!!!! Congrats, Mom!!! Now we just have to plan the party :D When's the next baseball game? lol HEY HEY HEY...Way to Go!!! Sounds like our May 7th event will be a celebration also!!!!!! WooHoo!!!

(need to talk about that too...chat later!)
:D

SPF25
04-07-2005, 01:31 PM
Cograts!!:clap: :clap: