View Full Version : I Hate Kansas

Gobbla2001
03-23-2005, 09:18 PM
:)

lepfan
03-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

I am the queen of hating kansas....don't ever talk about Okie's being rednecks until you come to SW kansas!!!

Help....resue me!!! :)

spiveyrat
03-24-2005, 08:36 AM
It's not quite as bad in the city... ;)

spiveyrat
03-24-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

Why, Gobbla?

lepfan
03-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
It's not quite as bad in the city... ;)

That is what I hear. Have you ever been out here?

spiveyrat
03-24-2005, 03:27 PM
I've been to Colby. But not to the southwest part of the state. I remember the people from the Colby area to be real nice.

lepfan
03-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Some of the people are nice...some are downright rude! There are a several who want to think of themselves as elite:hand:...when they are just plain ol' folks. Everybody knows everybody's business. When we moved into town you should have seen how the traffic pick up on the street in front of our house. It was commical to watch the people starring and almost running over each other.

The friendliest place we have ever move to was the Midland/Odessa area...I think it was that way cause everyone was a transplant out there. :D

KTJ
03-24-2005, 05:46 PM
I hate it too and I'll be in Mahattan for a week starting next Wednesday.

:(

Leopard213
03-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Lepfan......I know your kind. I bet you had a big dining table with pockets and pot passers, didn't ya.....

Ranger Mom
03-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by lepfan

The friendliest place we have ever move to was the Midland/Odessa area...I think it was that way cause everyone was a transplant out there. :D

I will second that! It may not be the most scenic place in the state but overall it's full of friendly people.

Heck, I live here, don't I?;) :p :inlove:

lepfan
03-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Leopard213
Lepfan......I know your kind. I bet you had a big dining table with pockets and pot passers, didn't ya.....

You better watch it...I will get someone re hired!!!;)

crzyjournalist03
03-24-2005, 08:32 PM
I just hate Kansas messing up my bracket...

spiveyrat
03-25-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
I hate it too and I'll be in Mahattan for a week starting next Wednesday.

:(

It's pretty around that part of the state. I was floored when I saw how small KSU was. I was expecting something more the size of A&M or UT and it's actually more the size of SHSU or SFA.

lepfan
03-25-2005, 09:51 AM
It is really funny how people on the East side of Kansas refer to Wichita as Western Kansas....to me Wichita is more Central Kansas....and anything past Wichita is just forgotten...LITERALLY.

spiveyrat
03-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Yep, south central KS. I guess those in the east don't know their geography very well.

Forgotten??? ROFL!!! :D

KTJ
03-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
It's pretty around that part of the state. I was floored when I saw how small KSU was. I was expecting something more the size of A&M or UT and it's actually more the size of SHSU or SFA.

Yeah, we'll be at K-State for a week for a national competition. I've been up there before and I really like the architecture of the buildings--it's very castle-like...medieval almost.

sahen
03-26-2005, 01:58 AM
i drove from waco to lincoln to go watch a football game earlier this year....from waco to the oklahoma border wasnt bad, however when i drove through kansas i wanted to shoot myself, literally...it was the worse thing ever....me and my friend counted 3 restuarants, 2 gas stations and 1 gas pump (yes a pump, where u just paid at it w/ a credit card in the middle of nowhere) through the whole state...i was never so happy to get to nebraska when we go there...

lepfan
03-26-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by sahen
i drove from waco to lincoln to go watch a football game earlier this year....from waco to the oklahoma border wasnt bad, however when i drove through kansas i wanted to shoot myself, literally...it was the worse thing ever....me and my friend counted 3 restuarants, 2 gas stations and 1 gas pump (yes a pump, where u just paid at it w/ a credit card in the middle of nowhere) through the whole state...i was never so happy to get to nebraska when we go there...

That is what I am living!