PDA

View Full Version : a travesty

AggieJohn
03-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Roger Clemens' orange Hummer -- a present from the New York Yankees for his 300th win -- was stolen Wednesday after the pitcher's son drove it to school and left it unlocked, police said.

School district police issued a statewide all-points bulletin about the Hummer, taken from Memorial High at about 8:30 a.m. The vehicle contained all of Koby Clemens' baseball equipment for the school team.

``I talked with Roger about it a little,'' said Chuck Brawner, chief of the Spring Branch Independent School District police. ``That Hummer was given to him by the New York Yankees for his 300th win.''

Brawner said Clemens, who was at spring training with the Houston Astros in Florida, was offering a $10,000 reward for the vehicle's return and information about who took it.

Roger Clemens couldn't immediately be reached for comment by The Associated Press. He earned his 300th victory in 2003 with the Yankees, then joined the hometown Astros.

He began letting Koby Clemens drive the orange Hummer to school after he signed a letter of intent last November to play baseball for the University of Texas, whose colors are burnt orange and white. Before that, Koby drove a black Hummer to school.

Hummers can range from $50,000 to more than $100,000.

Bandera YaYa
03-23-2005, 08:08 PM
Gee...that ranks right up there with world hunger and natural disasters.. :rolleyes:

lepfan
03-23-2005, 08:10 PM
They found it in a parking lot in the Bissonnet and Dairy Ashford area. ??? as of now on how it got there.

spiveyrat
03-24-2005, 08:41 AM
Unlocked? :rolleyes:

When I was in high school, I even locked my 10 year old Blazer. It wasn't a Hummer, but it got me where I needed to go... and sometimes where I didn't need to go! :cool:

big daddy russ
03-24-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Gee...that ranks right up there with world hunger and natural disasters.. :rolleyes:
If someone stole the Hummer that I received for being only the 21st person in history to pile up 300 wins then you'd better believe that natural disasters and world hunger would take a backseat.

injuredinmelee
03-24-2005, 12:12 PM
I am not saying that this is happening here onthis board but I heard alot of the morning sports show guys ragging about the kid driving a hummer. IF you could afford it wouldnt you let your kid have the best??? The fox sports guys were calling Roger father of the year for helping his Koby withthe ladies...

LH Panther Mom
03-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
IF you could afford it wouldnt you let your kid have the best???

I certainly do want the best for my children. If I could afford "the best", I would've spent $4,000 on a used car instead $2,000-$2,500. My oldest is two months shy of 20 and is on his 4th vehicle. The three prior cars were totalled.

Bandera YaYa
03-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
If someone stole the Hummer that I received for being only the 21st person in history to pile up 300 wins then you'd better believe that natural disasters and world hunger would take a backseat. Gosh....I hope you're being sarcastic...??? And if I had been only the 21st person in history to pile up 300 wins, then I would hope that I would have somthing more than an orange car to show for it, if it meant that much to me !!!! :rolleyes: :p

injuredinmelee
03-24-2005, 12:31 PM
My kids are 6 and 4 but Im already telling my daughtr that her first car is going to be about 30 yrs old and 20 feet long. Like a 78 Mercury Marquis or something.

( I so hate my work Keyboard. The keys stick and the space bar you have to jump up and down on.)

injuredinmelee
03-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Gosh....I hope you're being sarcastic...??? And if I had been only the 21st person in history to pile up 300 wins, then I would hope that I would have somthing more than an orange car to show for it, if it meant that much to me !!!! :rolleyes: :p

its a 100,000 dollar orange car.

Bandera YaYa
03-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I certainly do want the best for my children. If I could afford "the best", I would've spent $4,000 on a used car instead $2,000-$2,500. My oldest is two months shy of 20 and is on his 4th vehicle. The three prior cars were totalled. Glad to hear someone has their kids best interests at heart, instead of trying to "up" the rest of us on this earth!! :D

Bandera YaYa
03-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
its a 100,000 dollar orange car. Sooooo....? Don't confuse an "honor" with a flashy material object......But, I'm sure glad no one was hurt in the big heist !! :p :D

BullFrog Dad
03-24-2005, 12:51 PM
"School district police issued a statewide all-points bulletin about the Hummer, taken from Memorial High at about 8:30 a.m. The vehicle contained all of Koby Clemens' baseball equipment for the school team." Is that standard school policy?

Bandera YaYa
03-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
"School district police issued a statewide all-points bulletin about the Hummer, taken from Memorial High at about 8:30 a.m. The vehicle contained all of Koby Clemens' baseball equipment for the school team." Is that standard school policy? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....sorry I just can't help it......ewwwwwwwww ALL his baseball equipment??? .....like did it make national news too????? ..wait....is that an Amber Alert I see ???
HAHHAHAHAHAHa :p

LH Panther Mom
03-24-2005, 05:24 PM
Glad to hear someone has their kids best interests at heart, instead of trying to "up" the rest of us on this earth!! :D

LOL! It wasn't so much having his best interest at heart, more of a financial thing (insurance, "wrecks", etc). There's a reason males from 16-25 have the highest insurance rates.......they're crappy drivers. :D To his credit though, only 1 of the 3 accidents was his fault. Of course, if he drove a Hummer, someone else's cars would've been totalled instead of his. ;)