PDA

View Full Version : Longview Spring Hill

Matthew328
10-13-2003, 11:16 AM
Looks like they are improving after that debacle in Week 0.....they could be Div I....that'll make the Reg 2 Div I bracket a little bit deeper..

Matthew328
10-14-2003, 07:07 AM
ttt

Showtime33
10-14-2003, 10:22 AM
They can score a lot of points. They have a real good QB and a good RB. Hope they go D1 so Crandall wont have to play them again.

3afan
10-14-2003, 10:45 AM
i think LSH is a region II championship contender. if they do go DI then they're on a collision course with Forney in Round 2. if either gladewater or pittsburg make the playoffs then LSH will be DII, otherwise they're DI.

Gilmer Buckeye
10-14-2003, 01:16 PM
Spring Hill was going toe-to-toe with Gilmer in our scrimmage here on Aug. 21 abbreviated by lightning.

I was shocked eight days later when I saw the Chapel Hill score. Gilmer had beaten Chapel Hill at their field, 7-1, in our first scrimmage on Aug. 16.

This Friday night will be a pretty severe test for the Panthers. Jefferson at the Dawg Pound is not an easy place to play. Just ask the Buckeyes. They played us better than anyone so far except Pleasant Grove.

fatcat255
10-14-2003, 03:57 PM
Spring Hill obviously struggled in that opening game against Chapel Hill. All 3 LB's seeing first varsity action (one of them a soph), All 4 DB's getting first varsity start (one of them a freshman), one DE getting first varsity action, and most importantly; first time since 1999 season without Trent Allen at MLB. Coaches adjustment to that last factor was the most difficult of those listed.

All parties have adjusted and the team is looking much better. Defense is doing a good job but without the higher caliber LB's of the past 3 years will struggle with RB's with speed.

Even though the top skill people returned from last season, the offense is a little different this season. Not much "grind it out" like the past 3 seasons. Rely almost solely on big plays. O-Line is doing OK, but doesn't have that one lineman who can open something up, so All-State RB is having a tough time getting out of the backfield before first contact.

RB Jamario Thomas has been limited this season, but still has 815 yds on 111 carries, with 14 rushing TD's. He also has about 170 yards on 10 receptions. Little brother Demario Thoams has about 250 yards rushing on 35 or so carries.

QB Stephen Prince has 1301 yards passing through 6 games.

WR Morris Starts has 25 catches for 655 yards and 8 TD's.

TE Chris Miller has 12 catches for 165 yards and 2 or 3 TD's.

Spring Hill's big play capability will allow them to play with most of the teams in the region and give them a CHANCE to beat them, but defense will have to continue to improve and step it up another notch or two to have a REALISTIC shot at beating Daingerfield, Gilmer, Carthage, Rusk, Chapel Hill, Gainesville, or Celina in Region 2. Jefferson will be tough enough to handle this Friday.

Even if Panthers don't make it past the tough Bi-District matchup with their 16-3A counterpart, this has been a pretty good 4 year run. One Spring Hill would like to see repeated, but will probably never approach again.

fatcat255
10-19-2003, 11:36 AM
Spring Hill beat Jefferson 28-13 to move to 6-1 on the season, 2-0 in 15-3A play.

Updated season stats thru 7 games:

Jamario Thomas, RB
918 yards, 129 carries, 16 rushing TD's.

Stephen Prince, QB
1549 yards passing, 15 TD's.

Morris Starts, WR
31 receptions, 747 yards, 9 TD's.

Chris Miller, TE
12 receptions, 165 yards, 2 TD's

Curly
10-20-2003, 01:24 PM
Who is the head coach at Longview Spring Hill?
Has he ever coached at Killeen Ellison High?

fatcat255
10-20-2003, 09:09 PM
Steve Gaddis. Never been at Killeen Ellison.