PDA

View Full Version : Columbus AD/HC Resigns

CheerMom
03-23-2005, 02:36 PM
Just read in the paper where Althaus is leaving Columbus. Someone keep us informed on potential replacements.

columbus18
03-23-2005, 08:52 PM
There have been some applications right now but I have not heard any names or when the spot will be filled. I will try to keep everyone updated though.

Gobbla2001
03-23-2005, 09:11 PM
I know that the old HC that kept Columbus running in the 90's accepted the Cuero job two years ago but backed out to stay at Boerne...

Maybe if he was thinking about leaving Beorne then, maybe he'll leave to head back to Columbus?

I honestly doubt that, but man, that would be awesome to see him back in Columbus...

They have not been the same without him...

(BTW: the 'backed out' thing was not a grudge, I'd say 23-3 the last two seasons is dang good, I figure we would have gotten a good deal either way...)

Specklebelly
03-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Maybe if he was thinking about leaving Beorne then, maybe he'll leave to head back to Columbus?

I honestly doubt that, but man, that would be awesome to see him back in Columbus...

They have not been the same without him...

I wouldn't count on him coming back considering he got Boerne to the state semis last year. Fact is Bludau left C Town because he looked down the water well and saw it had run bone dry. You can't win in a district with Rice, Sealy, Navasota and Bellville with the talent level Columbus has been running onto the field the last couple of years, regardless of who's coaching. They are just having a down spell but will surely be back. Only about 10-11 short years before the next run of Schobels hits the halls. Fact is from strictly a football standpoint, I doubt Columbus will find a better coach than the one they just ran out of town.

fullhouse
03-24-2005, 04:26 PM
I totally agree with Specklebelly! Althaus is first class.