PDA

View Full Version : JOKE - Sane or not?

pirate4state
03-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Jim and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital.

One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool, Jim suddenly jumped into the deep end.

He sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there.

Edna promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled Jim out.

When the Director of Nursing became aware of Edna's heroic act, she immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital, as she now considered her to be mentally stable.

When she went to tell Edna the news, she said, "Edna, I have good news and bad news. The good news is you're being discharged; since you were able to rationally respond to a crisis by jumping in and saving the life of another patient, I have concluded that your act displays sound-mindedness.

The bad news is that Jim, the patient you saved, hung himself in his bathroom with the belt to his robe right after you saved him. I am so sorry, but he's dead."

Edna replied, "He didn't hang himself. I put him there to dry. How soon can I go home???

:eek: :D

AP Panther Fan
03-23-2005, 11:47 AM
LOL...I love this joke!:D

LH Panther Mom
03-23-2005, 11:53 AM
Greatness! :clap: :kiss:

Ranger Mom
03-23-2005, 11:53 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/boogie.gif

Phil C
03-23-2005, 12:07 PM
This may be a repeat but for those that haven't read it here goes:

A man was driving past a mental hospital when he had a flat and had to pull up right by the hospital to change the tire. He noticed one of the patients walked up to the high barbed wire fence and that he was watching him. Not paying attention to him he procedded to change the tire. When he had the spare on he reached for the bolts which he had put in one the hub cap. He accidently dropped the hub caps and all of the bolts rolled into a drain pipe by the car. It was too deep for him to reach the bolts and he had a look of complete despair on his face.

The mental patient said "Just take one bolt off of the other three tires and that will hold it till you can get to a service station or garage and get some help."

The man was totally amazed at the obvious solution and then starred in amazement at the mental patient realizing that this was someone in a mental hospital that had helped him to solve a problem that was in reality so simple but he had failed to realize it.

The mental patient smiled at the man and said "Mister I may be crazy but I'm not stupid.:
:D

LH Panther Mom
03-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Good one, Phil! :D

pirate44
03-23-2005, 12:09 PM
LOL..i agree. there should be "Stupid Hospitals" too.:D