PDA

View Full Version : 3-3A Track

panther power
03-23-2005, 11:01 AM
How are the other track teams in the district doing this year? where are they headed this weekend?

lobo12
03-23-2005, 12:02 PM
i think the monahans boys have won every track meet thus far, and this week are going to lubbock. relays are doing good, sprint ran a 43.09 this past week and 800 ran like a 129.81, both are good times at this point in the year, and with one runner out due to injuries. covington is doing great as well running a 10.7 in monahans, good luck to all the runners and district should be a good one.

lobo dad
03-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Monahans is improving every track meet. Had a great showing in the relays at the West Texas Relays. It is going to be interesting to see them at Regionals against Sweetwater. Heard that Sweetwater has some serious speed on their relays.

Wtx_coach
03-23-2005, 02:50 PM
I really dont think Monahans will win the district title as a team, but the 4x200 relay teams is a good one!!

As far as sweetwater, they can scoot, saw them in Pecos, it should be a good race to see them in stockton in the 4x400 relay team.

And Terry from Pecos should win the 100m and 200m if hes up to shape by the district meet!!

Black_Magic
03-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Man... All this speed and every one of the 3-3a teams were out after the first round of the playoffs in football....:confused: with all these athletes you would think they would be a powerfull district in football..

panther power
03-23-2005, 06:24 PM
this is about track, no need for all of that black magic. With all those yards you would think dee walker would be in contention for regionals but i have heard he is pulling a trailer....just a thought

Ranger Mom
03-23-2005, 06:26 PM
I don't think Greenwood hardly has anyone running track this year...I heard there were only 2 senior guys on the track team!

panther power
03-23-2005, 06:38 PM
that brooks kid is not running track, he looked like he had some speed.

lobo12
03-23-2005, 06:48 PM
i think monahans can win the district track meet. have any of the district teams beat them this year in track, im not sure?? second of all track is much different that football, just because you can run fast doesnt mean your are good in football...completely different sport

justlikesports
03-23-2005, 06:48 PM
I beg to differ with you Wtx_coach about the 100. I gotta go with Richard Covington. GO RICH GO!!!

lobo12
03-23-2005, 06:49 PM
i agree, rashad hasnt even been running the 100

panther power
03-23-2005, 06:50 PM
it'll be a close race, stockton only competes with 6 competitors in varsity track and we still finished in 3rd at the monahans meet. Our 800 relay is gonna get better when jefferson returns to it. The district meet here in stockton is gonna be great!

lobo dad
03-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by panther power
this is about track, no need for all of that black magic. With all those yards you would think dee walker would be in contention for regionals but i have heard he is pulling a trailer....just a thought

That Walker kid might not be as fast with a baton as he is with a football. Never saw him caught from behind....only saw him running away. "He shore is fast!!!!"

lobo12
03-23-2005, 11:09 PM
some kids can carry their pads well, i remember audas from greenwood, he could run as fast in pads as he could on the track...that kid could fly

Black_Magic
03-24-2005, 09:45 AM
this is about track, no need for all of that black magic. With all those yards you would think dee walker would be in contention for regionals but i have heard he is pulling a trailer....just a thought No Need for what? Is that not a legitamate thought? Is Football not the primary topick of this site? As for Walker. He Is a fella that has and will run in the low 11s in the 100m I think he will end up around 10.9 in the end. He rushed for over 2350 Yards.:eek: :eek: :eek: Walker is the type of back who does not look to run for the sideline. He will run over you and keep going. Snyders Running game is the kind that crams it down your throat. Last time we played Ft Stockton we Spanked them so bad that they didnt want to put us back on the schedule. This is all after them doing anything they could to accomidate puting us on thier schedule just 2 years prior to that according to what I was told. Guess they had enough after two games:p As for my comment, what is inaccurate about it? Did any of the 3-3A teams beat ANY of the 4-3A teams at ANY time in the year in either regular or in the First round playoff games?. Im just suprised that with all the speed in Monahans , Ft Stocton, Pecos that the football season is over so soon.

lobo12
03-24-2005, 10:02 AM
like i said, track and football are two completely different sports

mustang04
03-24-2005, 01:13 PM
tis true.....ive seen some kids who can run faster than anybody else in track, but in football as soon as they get the ball and see the defense........TO THE SIDELINES WE GO!

panther power
03-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Black Magic, you talk alot of stuff for not being on the field. There is no need to come on my thread and say the stuff you did. You aint dee welker so do not talk like you are, some kids are faster in football then track, and a 10.9 will not get him to regionals. You do not have a clue to what games are schedueled so leave it to the A.D.'s, whick I am sure you are no where near being. Snyder had a great team this past year, do not make the tigers look like fools due to a fan acting so stupid that people look down on the town or the program. If dee had not moved there where would you all in snyder finished up in district? Remember, he is a move in...Great athlete, but a move in.

westTXbest
03-25-2005, 11:40 PM
my bro left dee in the 4x100 realay the first leg in snyder!!!

westTXbest
03-25-2005, 11:47 PM
that hickman kid can fly in the 300m hurdles!! It will be a goo one between him and my bro at district!! Two buddies getting after it, but lobo12 i wanna know where the 110 state predicter is at from monahans cause my bro beat evans from kermit at monahans thats ran a 14.5 last year at district and where was the monajns guy at ?

lobo12
03-26-2005, 12:31 AM
he was right there with them it was a neck to neck race, that will be one of the best races at district, but i think hill from seminole will wint the 300 hurdles

westTXbest
03-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Hickman runs a 39.78 in the 300m hurdles hill runs a 41.0 and at monahans my bro didnt do worth a crap he had they fastest time heading into the finals at monahans in the 300 finals he ran a second slower, he was sicker than a dog to before that race, thanks to the energy drinks i gave him. If Rashad runs the 100m he will beat covington and fletcher in the 200m.

lobo12
03-27-2005, 12:58 AM
hill won the race easily in monahans he is still my pick in district, and fletcher isnt running the 200 i dont think, all the relays...what makes you so sure he will beat covington...he didnt last year and he hasnt been running the race...he very may well due to a hamstring injury covington has, but we will see should be a great race...110's will be a great race also

Wtx_coach
03-27-2005, 01:03 AM
Terry ran the 100m this past weekend for the first time, ran a 10.8, hes still not in shape in due to starting the season late, and Hickman kid from stockton should win the 300m hurdles easily,the district meet is going to be a good one, lots of good races, oh yea fletcher did run the 200m at the west texas relays lobo12

lobo12
03-27-2005, 01:16 AM
i know, but he didnt run it at monahans so i dunno if hes runnin it at district or not, and you dont think hill will win the hurdles?

superslyguy06
03-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Covington and Terry may be fast, but Martinez from Graham can flat out fly it depends on what he runs he can run mid 10's i hundred, mid 21 in the 200m and if he wanted to he couldbreak 50 and maybe even 49 in the quarter. Will be a great race at regionals. Grahams relays aren't as fast as they were last year but they might have enough individual talent to challenge in regionals.

Black_Magic
03-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Black Magic, you talk alot of stuff for not being on the field. There is no need to come on my thread and say the stuff you did. You aint dee welker so do not talk like you are, some kids are faster in football then track, and a 10.9 will not get him to regionals. You do not have a clue to what games are schedueled so leave it to the A.D.'s, whick I am sure you are no where near being. Snyder had a great team this past year, do not make the tigers look like fools due to a fan acting so stupid that people look down on the town or the program. If dee had not moved there where would you all in snyder finished up in district? Remember, he is a move in...Great athlete, but a move in. Well I didnt know you could own a thread:rolleyes: You sure are getting defensive:clap: I didnt say Dee would get out of Regionals in the 100.... I didnt bring up the kid in the first place. YOU did. Lets see what Snyder did the year before Dee came to Snyder.... Regional Quarter Finalist in Division one. what happened to Stockton?? Sat at home and read the news print. I believe Snyder beat the Panthers 52-14 that year and it was enough for stocton to not have room for the Tigers on thier schedule the next two years...:D

panther power
03-28-2005, 11:19 AM
you talk alot for not having a SINGLE THING to do with that......

Black_Magic
03-28-2005, 11:43 AM
you talk alot for not having a SINGLE THING to do with that...... Who said I had anything to do with anything. I am stating facts. I guess they are facts you dont like brought up.:evillaugh If this is a thread that is intended ONLY for players then maybe you should state it in the title. Otherwise ... Deal with it:D

panther power
03-28-2005, 11:51 AM
Im not saying it is just for players. but you talkmlike you were on the field with pads making plays to contribute to that success and I was on the field fumbling. For your info. the contract was for 2 years, first game at snyder then at stockton so do not say we had enough like our a.d. ran to his corner and hid from snyder, get the facts right.

Black_Magic
03-28-2005, 02:16 PM
Im not saying it is just for players. but you talkmlike you were on the field with pads making plays to contribute to that success and I was on the field fumbling. For your info. the contract was for 2 years, first game at snyder then at stockton so do not say we had enough like our a.d. ran to his corner and hid from snyder, get the facts right. What did I say that Implied I was making plays????? Quote me and remind me of how I implied I was on the field or making plays???? And By the way Yes the contract was for two years. Stockton originaly went out of thier way to schedule Snyder two years ago. It was Clear that they for some reason wanted to play Snyder BAD. I guess after Two Spankings they had enough and Declined to RENEW the Contract for Two More Seasons.... thats how it went. I know Snyder was Very willing to continue to play Stockton for another two seasons but had no cooperation from Stockton in renewing the deal.. So Snyder had to go get Andrews and Lake View