PDA

View Full Version : American Idols get another shot tonight

spiveyrat
03-23-2005, 09:20 AM
Story here (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050323/ap_en_tv/american_idol_error_2)

Did ya'll watch last night? That Underwood girl blew me away! :clap:

Ranger Mom
03-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Story here (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050323/ap_en_tv/american_idol_error_2)

Did ya'll watch last night? That Underwood girl blew me away! :clap:

She did great!!

She has been my hands down favorite since the audition episodes!

44INAROW
03-23-2005, 09:55 AM
No doubt, Carrie is my favorite too! :clap:

spiveyrat
03-23-2005, 10:30 AM
I agree with Simon, she ought to win.

CHS_CG
03-23-2005, 10:46 AM
I agree with Simon, she ought to win.

speakin of simon.. did you see how paula was all over him when he agreed with her. She was having a GOOD time last night.. wonder what was in her cup!:thinking:

Ranger Mom
03-23-2005, 10:51 AM
From what I am reading....they won't sing again, they will just re-cap last nights performances with maybe some interviews or something. They will open the phone line again for 2 hours and have the results show tomorrow.

What I don't get is, the performance shows are supposedly taped on Monday, I can't believe SOMEONE didn't pick up on the numbers being off before last night.

Public Relations ploy maybe???

spiveyrat
03-23-2005, 11:18 AM
I wondered if it was a "stunt" myself.

CHS_CG
03-23-2005, 11:20 AM
To tell ya the truth.. i didnt even notice the numbers were wrong.. dont know if that was bc RM and all of us were in the chat or what.. all i know is i hope a certain ANNOYING chick gets voted off!

bccards
03-23-2005, 11:52 AM
I think that they are LIVE on Tuesday Nights....

Ranger Mom
03-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by bccards
I think that they are LIVE on Tuesday Nights....

That is what I always thought...but have read several different places this morning saying the only live show is the results show!

So....I don't know!!

AggieJohn
03-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
speakin of simon.. did you see how paula was all over him when he agreed with her. She was having a GOOD time last night.. wonder what was in her cup!:thinking: why coca cola, remember they have a sponsorship

Bullaholic
03-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Everybody get ready to call me "cynical", but I have a theory about all "reality" shows. This segment of the entertainment market has become so huge, that I don't think that the producers of these shows leave anything to "chance". I think the producers manipulate the scenarios and the outcomes of all of these shows based on intense market and psychological research to achieve maximum audience viewing and reaction. I think they go so far as to "coach" participants on what reactions they want and "script" them accordingly for maximum impact. I don't think the voting of AI is even considered, I think the producers determine the outcomes dictated by maximum viewing share tendencies. This started years ago with the "$64,000 Question" quiz show scandals.

lepfan
03-23-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
She did great!!

She has been my hands down favorite since the audition episodes!

See there....not all Okie's are bad

Ya know I am your favortie one ;)

spiveyrat
03-23-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Everybody get ready to call me "cynical", but I have a theory about all "reality" shows. This segment of the entertainment market has become so huge, that I don't think that the producers of these shows leave anything to "chance". I think the producers manipulate the scenarios and the outcomes of all of these shows based on intense market and psychological research to achieve maximum audience viewing and reaction. I think they go so far as to "coach" participants on what reactions they want and "script" them accordingly for maximum impact. I don't think the voting of AI is even considered, I think the producers determine the outcomes dictated by maximum viewing share tendencies. This started years ago with the "$64,000 Question" quiz show scandals.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Such a cynic! ;)

ILS1
03-23-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

I read also that alot of Paula's and Simon's "bickering and fighting" is scripted. I guess to draw more interest to the show. BTW,some trivia for ya. Remember the first season of AI,they had two hosts,Ryan Seacrest and one other person. Can anyone name him?

:)

JHS_c/o_06'
03-23-2005, 05:39 PM
Im not a big American Idol fan.....see...i was watching i think one of the first ones....and this guy came in with a guitar....and they turned him away because they said they didnt need anyone who could play their own music.....and me being a guitarist...that made me mad...i havent watched it since.

Ranger Mom
03-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
I read also that alot of Paula's and Simon's "bickering and fighting" is scripted. I guess to draw more interest to the show. BTW,some trivia for ya. Remember the first season of AI,they had two hosts,Ryan Seacrest and one other person. Can anyone name him?

:)

Oh but of course.....Brian Dunkleman....I haven't missed an episode of American Idol in 4 years!

ILS1
03-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Winner,winner chicken dinner!!! Very good RM!!! I haven't been really keeping up with this years AI but I guess I'll start watching it when it gets to the Top 10 contestants.

;)

AP Panther Fan
03-24-2005, 01:52 PM
Since I missed the show Tuesday, I was able to see the re-cap last night.

Anyone want to bet that Mikalah Gordon is the next one "outta there" .... her comments last night after the re-cap of her performance made me want to get up and slap my TV!

Wish I could call in and vote "against" someone rather than "for" someone.:D

44INAROW
03-24-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Anyone want to bet that Mikalah Gordon is the next one "outta there" .... her comments last night after the re-cap of her performance made me want to get up and slap my TV!

Which one is she and what did she sing? Short-term memory here :) and I am not a regular watcher but did happen to see some Tues and the recap last night

spiveyrat
03-24-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

What'd she say? I didn't watch last night.

When will the results be out?

Bandera YaYa
03-24-2005, 02:33 PM
American Idol = rigged contest.... :D

spiveyrat
03-24-2005, 02:35 PM
:rolleyes: Another cynic. :D

Ranger Mom
03-24-2005, 02:36 PM
I don't remember what she sang...I only remember that I didn't like it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/mikalahgordon.jpg

Ranger Mom
03-24-2005, 02:37 PM
What'd she say? I didn't watch last night.

When will the results be out?

The results show will start at 8:00 tonight!

AP Panther Fan
03-24-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I don't remember what she sang...I only remember that I didn't like it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/mikalahgordon.jpg

Just got this from MSNBC. Guess we will have to wait and see!

Mikalah Gordon, 17, Las Vegas: If the judges have had one consistent criticism of Gordon, it's that she acts a lot older than her age. She didn't take that into account for this week, singing Taylor Dayne's "Love Will Lead You Back." It was very average on a night when everyone else was better, and leaves her in grave danger of being cut.
Grade: C
The judges: "It was a complete and utter mess." – Simon Cowell
Stay or go: Her song started with the lyrics "Saying goodbye is never an easy thing." She may have to sing those words for real on Wednesday.
Upon Further Review: Gordon was the overwhelming favorite to be voted off after Tuesday night, and the only benefit she really got out of Wednesday’s show was the chance to throw herself on the mercy of the court. She came out in a T-shirt with “My job is to annoy you” on it — oh, the joke almost writes itself — and once again seemed much more confident on the stage when she wasn’t actually singing. She also had the most honest comment of the night: “If I were perfect and didn’t make mistakes, I wouldn’t be on this show.” Still, Gordon's probably made too many mistakes to last another week.