PDA

View Full Version : AP Panther Fan, this is that big job i was so busy on

pirate44
03-23-2005, 07:35 AM
Del Mar East Campus is really expanding as of late and i've had the privelege of working on a few of the projects. this story from the caller times is on the Health Science Center and Emerging Technologies buildings we did the structural design on.

the story (http://www.caller.com/ccct/local_news/article/0,1641,CCCT_811_3644072,00.html)

http://img203.exs.cx/img203/4641/p1delmarc0323e4se.jpg

AP Panther Fan
03-23-2005, 09:03 AM
This is awesome! I saw it on the news this morning ... really cool design work, I might add!:D

This morning they mentioned another program not discussed in the article...radiology. Currently there are over 200 students wanting to go into that field and only 25 can be accepted due to facilty restraints.

This and Whataburger Field are two "great big" feathers in your cap! Congratulations!;) :)

pirate44
03-23-2005, 09:07 AM
unfortunately the architects did the "design" our firm does the "skeleton" and structural aspects. and also unfortunately our civil department worked on the ball park civil work. structural department is the rodney dangerfield of design:(

del mar east is really growing thanks to the bond election a while back. takes hikes for Corpus residents means overtime pay for me:D

Phil C
03-23-2005, 09:10 AM
Great work Pirate44!

Oh and AP what were the scores last night on the AP softball and baseball games?

AP Panther Fan
03-23-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
del mar east is really growing thanks to the bond election a while back. takes hikes for Corpus residents means overtime pay for me:D

As long as they keep their tax increases on that side of the Harbor Bridge, I am happy! The families in the outlying counties pay enough in increased tuitions, JMHO.:D

Oh, and overtime is ALWAYS good!:D

Phil, I posted the "news" on the softball thread.....:)

pirate44
03-23-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
As long as they keep their tax increases on that side of the Harbor Bridge, I am happy! The families in the outlying counties pay enough in increased tuitions, JMHO.:D

Oh, and overtime is ALWAYS good!:D

Phil, I posted the "news" on the softball thread.....:)
theyre still tryin to get outllying counties taxed by del mar. itll make my wife tuition more bearable, but im agianst taxing teh counties property owners to help pay for her college

spiveyrat
03-23-2005, 09:23 AM
structural department is the rodney dangerfield of design:(

I feel your pain. I do structural work too!
;)

pirate44
03-23-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I feel your pain. I do structural work too!
;) yeah, if were lucky, on the renderings where it shows the consultants names, the structural design firm is usually that fine print you have to use the magnifying glass on

AP Panther Fan
03-23-2005, 09:54 AM
Well, if it's any consolation, if it wasn't for you "structural guys" the "design guys" couldn't do their job. Structural integrity is everything...especially in South Texas!;)

pirate44
03-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Well, if it's any consolation, if it wasn't for you "structural guys" the "design guys" couldn't do their job. Structural integrity is everything...especially in South Texas!;)
thanks AP. but if im not mistaking, you work for a bank. and everyone knows the big sign in front of most construction has the financing bank's name in big bold letters:p

AP Panther Fan
03-23-2005, 10:08 AM
thanks AP. but if im not mistaking, you work for a bank. and everyone knows the big sign in front of most construction has the financing bank's name in big bold letters:p

LOL...yes, we have to get our name out there as often as possible in a multitude of ways. I have hammered in more than 1 or 2 of those construction financing signs, the small ones of course....they won't let me loose with a sledge hammer and post-hole diggers for some reason.:p :)

pirate44
03-23-2005, 10:11 AM
LOL...yes, we have to get our name out there as often as possible in a multitude of ways. I have hammered in more than 1 or 2 of those construction financing signs, the small ones of course....they won't let me loose with a sledge hammer and post-hole diggers for some reason.:p :)
LOL:clap:

spiveyrat
03-23-2005, 10:25 AM
Structural integrity is everything...especially in South Texas!;)

But not so much as around, say, the San Andreas Fault! :eek: ;)

AP Panther Fan
03-23-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
But not so much as around, say, the San Andreas Fault! :eek: ;)

LOL...true! See, your jobs could be much more difficult, but of course they might pay more too. :thinking:

nah, I doubt you could pay me enough to live there...:)