PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout them by gawd Celina Bobcats?

Jacket2000
10-25-2002, 11:16 PM
Matt and Keith, how do you two like your crow; fried or grilled? Are y'all believers yet?
J2K

<small>[ October 25, 2002, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Jacket2000 ]</small>

PPHSfan
10-25-2002, 11:25 PM
Let me be one of the first ones to say.... I TOLD YOU SO!!!!! LOL JK

sinfan75
10-25-2002, 11:56 PM
I even picked em to win.And that's a miracle!!!

Keith7
10-26-2002, 12:27 AM
Definently wasnt our best game.. but I give celina alot of credit good game.. No excuses but the refs were horrible.. but again.. thats not an excuse.. thats all i gotta say about it.. we just have to put this behind us..

Jacket2000
10-26-2002, 01:40 AM
Well, if the refs being bad isn't an excuse, then why even mention it? Sounds like a subtle excuse to me. Like I said at the begining of the season, a team doesnt rack up 60+ consecutive wins without having some heart, and they're not gonna lay down and die just b/c there's an extra "A" in their classification. This also proves my point about G'ville. Everyone knows who was the more talented team on the field tonite.
J2K

bleedgreen
10-26-2002, 08:21 AM
Somebody should stuff a banana up that airhorn. If we see Celina in the playoffs, I'm handing out airhorns.

Keith7
10-26-2002, 01:58 PM
Jacket,
the comment wasnt about the refs wasnt an excuse.. It just must have been part of the celina magic!!! We didnt "waste any talent" tonight like you said we always do.. We just made key mistakes that changed the outcome of the game

PPHSfan
10-26-2002, 02:09 PM
Key Mistakes are the downfall of EVERY TEAM that ever loses a ballgame. The other term for it is called..GETTING BEAT. It is the team that has the most discipline on that particular night, and refuses to make those KEY MISTAKES that determines the winner. 90% of winning a football game is having the discipline to keep a cool head and not make mistakes. Talent, Speed, and Depth make up for the other 10% in my opinion. From all of the reports I recieved on this game, I have come to the conclusion, that BOTH of these teams had plenty of talent, and played very well. The difference was, IMHO , Celina had the very slight edge in discipline and heart on this Friday Night to pull of the win. Now maybe Celina will get the respect that they deserve, and have already had for a long time from some of us.

Jacket2000
10-26-2002, 03:05 PM
Keith7:
Jacket,
the comment wasnt about the refs wasnt an excuse.. It just must have been part of the celina magic!!! We didnt "waste any talent" tonight like you said we always do.. We just made key mistakes that changed the outcome of the game"Celina Magic"? Celina had almost 5 times as many penalty yards as G'ville. If anything, it seems to me that refs favored the Leps, if anyone. But, I doubt that they favored anyone. Looks to me like another example of heart and discipline beating talent.
J2K

bullcrapper
10-26-2002, 03:32 PM
Like I've said before Gainsville good,but they are not a top 10 team, neither were we. And I believe they will put it behind them and be ok.
There was no magic or voodoo. Gainsville all year has made the same kind of mistakes but no body was able to take advantage of it.......until
Celina I guess they were healthy unlike the others. Keith I ate my crow with ketchup it goes down easier LOL