PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual East Texas Kickoff Classic Schedule Released

Manck
03-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Here's the schedule for the Second Annual East Texas Kickoff Classic at Trinity Mother Frances Rose Stadium.

Thursday, August 25th:
8:00pm Gilmer vs. Pine Tree

Friday, August 26th:
8:00pm John Tyler vs. Texas High

Saturday, August 27th:
4:00pm Wylie vs. The Colony

8:00pm Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna vs. Tyler Robert E. Lee

2 defending state champs in three days. Not bad.

wildstangs
03-22-2005, 11:16 PM

Wow, a team from Hollywood is coming out for this? What does anyone know about this team?

JHS_c/o_06'
03-22-2005, 11:49 PM
I wish we could play Gilmer in either week 0 or week 1.

kepdawg
03-23-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs

Wow, a team from Hollywood is coming out for this? What does anyone know about this team?

Catholic Prep School with 860 students.

2004 Class 2A semifinalists. Finished season 11-1.

2003 Class 2A State Champions.

District303aPastPlayer
03-23-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Catholic Prep School with 860 students.

2004 Class 2A semifinalists. Finished season 11-1.

2003 Class 2A State Champions.

recruiting school... i get it!

kepdawg
03-23-2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
recruiting school... i get it!

So what if they do? Are you already trying to make excuses if they should happen to beat Lee?

District303aPastPlayer
03-23-2005, 12:38 AM
So what if they do? Are you already trying to make excuses if they should happen to beat Lee?

im the LAST person you need to worry about when it comes to makin excuses. im just sayin just to clarify.

kepdawg
03-23-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
im the LAST person you need to worry about when it comes to makin excuses. im just sayin just to clarify.

Just to clarify what?

jason
03-23-2005, 12:44 AM
if they do their classes the same way as texas, then its a 2A vs a 5A....tyler lee rolls....

big daddy russ
03-23-2005, 12:45 AM
Just to clarify what?
The fact that Tyler Lee has to work with what they've got living in their school district. Hollywood Chaminade doesn't.

You'll find a LOT of anti-private school sentiments on this board.

kepdawg
03-23-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by jason
if they do their classes the same way as texas, then its a 2A vs a 5A....tyler lee rolls....

Class 2A 617-1066

kepdawg
03-23-2005, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
The fact that Tyler Lee has to work with what they've got living in their school district. Hollywood Chaminade doesn't.

You'll find a LOT of anti-private school sentiments on this board.

Well, Lee didn't have to schedule them.

TexasHSFootball
03-23-2005, 02:13 AM
ok let me say this about Chaminade. I know what goes on there, I went to a high school nearby there and I know what type of competition they have there too.

First off, Hollywood Chaminade Mondonna High does NOT .. key word.. NOT recruit. They can't. But they can draw from open enrollment which is what Broward County Florida allows. I went to a school that was actually further away from where I was living when I was there. Yes, they are a private school, I went to a public school. The publics and privates are practically bound with the same rules on and off the field. Only difference with the privates, was the improved education. The vast majority of the private schools in Florida absolutely stink in athletics. Two exceptions, Chaminade and Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas.

And for the record I HATE the Raiders of St. Thomas Aquinas. Don't even get me started with that program or that school. Arrogance at it worst! :mad:

Second of all, the game for Tyler Lee will not count, but it will for Chaminade and here is why. The FHSAA does not allow their schools to participate in pre-season classics like the East Texas Classic.

Third and finally, do I think Chaminade has a snowball chance in hell with Tyler Lee? You are crazy if you think I do.

TOPS1435
03-23-2005, 11:37 AM
So at first I was thinking Hollywood, California, since it was a California school last year. Are telling me that we have gone coast to coast with this one? That we are now talking Hollywood, Florida.

But doesn't this count for Lee too? I know the other games will count.

Here's a link to Smokey.com's discussion of the 60-8 record that they have over the past five years.

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32090

TexasHSFootball
03-23-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by TOPS1435
So at first I was thinking Hollywood, California, since it was a California school last year. Are telling me that we have gone coast to coast with this one? That we are now talking Hollywood, Florida.

But doesn't this count for Lee too? I know the other games will count.

Here's a link to Smokey.com's discussion of the 60-8 record that they have over the past five years.

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32090
It wont count for Lee. And yes it is Hollywood, Florida we are talking about. City inbetween Fort Lauderdale and Miami along the coast just north of the Dade County and Broward county lines. Neighboring city is Hallandale, home to the Gulfstream Park horse track.

kepdawg
03-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Chris I'm probably just stupid, but can you try to explain exactly why and how this game won't count for Lee? If they win they are 0-0 and if they lose they are 0-0? Is the UIL letting them play 10 other regular season games? Sorry, I just don't get it!

TexasHSFootball
03-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Chris I'm probably just stupid, but can you try to explain exactly why and how this game won't count for Lee? If they win they are 0-0 and if they lose they are 0-0? Is the UIL letting them play 10 other regular season games? Sorry, I just don't get it!

The reason it won't count for Lee is because of the Florida HS Atletic Association and the rules that they have within their own schools. They do not allow their schools to go out of state to play in "pre-season classics". If it were to count for Tyler Lee, then the game for Chaminade Madonna would not count. I don't know the specifics but that is why the game for Lee would not count. For Chaminade it will be a real game, for Lee it will not. That is what I am gathering with what I am being told by Florida and Texas officials.