PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs Season is Lost!

Phil C
03-22-2005, 02:00 PM
Tim Duncan is hurt and out for the year!! :( He is the one they could not do without. Without him there goes the Spurs chance for the NBA championship! :(

big daddy russ
03-22-2005, 02:01 PM
Actually, Phil, he should be back for the playoffs. He's just done for the regular season.

Phil C
03-22-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Actually, Phil, he should be back for the playoffs. He's just done for the regular season.

I don't think so big! A man doesn't leave in a wheelchair and expect to be back soon! I am so sad! :(

HighSchool Fan
03-22-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Tim Duncan is hurt and out for the year!! :( He is the one they could not do without. Without him there goes the Spurs chance for the NBA championship! :(

this is one reason the nba is so boring, it's a 1 or 2 man game.

Maroon87
03-22-2005, 02:07 PM
I heard he is out 2-4 weeks. He'll be back for the postseason. All is definitely not lost...

Phil C
03-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I heard he is out 2-4 weeks. He'll be back for the postseason. All is definitely not lost...

It is good to be optimistic Marron but unfortunately all is lost this year. :(

LH Panther Mom
03-22-2005, 02:30 PM
It is good to be optimistic Marron but unfortunately all is lost this year. :(

I hope you're wrong, Phil. The info I heard on the news was 2-4 weeks. If he is out for the season, it could be "2005, the greatest playoff run we almost had". I'm optimistic that he will be back in time for the playoffs.

pirate44
03-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Phil C, we must remember that the Spurs are 2 time champions and once was the team of George Gervin, David Robinson and Dennis Rodman. we must also remember that San Antonio was the host of the 1968 World's Fair and home of Mi Tierra which are world champions when it comes to huevos rancheros.:thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
03-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
Phil C, we must remember that the Spurs are 2 time champions and once was the team of George Gervin, David Robinson and Dennis Rodman. we must also remember that San Antonio was the host of the 1968 World's Fair and home of Mi Tierra which are world champions when it comes to huevos rancheros.:thumbsup:

:eek: You're starting to scare me! ;)

HighSchool Fan
03-22-2005, 02:44 PM

don't forget about the San Antonio Gunslingers

pirate44
03-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
don't forget about the San Antonio Gunslingers
oh crikey!!! i totally forgot. Spurs are a definite shoo-in for the finals

Phil C
03-22-2005, 02:49 PM

Plus Mia Ham and Shaq also once lived in San Antonio! :)

pirate44
03-22-2005, 02:51 PM
hey Phil C, your damaging your argument;)

HighSchool Fan
03-22-2005, 02:54 PM
don't forget that Madeline O'haire lived in San Antonio also

Maroon87
03-22-2005, 02:56 PM

And Christopher Cross. That dude ROCKED!!!

LH Panther Mom
03-22-2005, 03:05 PM

:confused: She did? Woah! I need to pay more attention....I always thought she lived in Austin. Never mind, San Antonio can have that "claim to fame".

pirate44
03-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:confused: She did? Woah! I need to pay more attention....I always thought she lived in Austin. Never mind, San Antonio can have that "claim to fame".
since there's confusion, we'll just say wherever she is now can claim her.

Bandera YaYa
03-22-2005, 03:12 PM
Phil!!!! Calm down....*slap* ........Never, ever say the Spurs are out of the Championship race.....geezz...what kind of a fan are you????? :rolleyes:

Stretch04
03-22-2005, 03:50 PM
Phil your a fool. What do you do for a living, besides watch girls sports (Which is odd in itself), I doubt you are a Dr. The 2-4 is a little more accurate.

Bulldog_12
03-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Don't worry Phil. All is well. Popvich told espn, i think it was espn, that TD should be ready to go by playoff time. They are keeping him out for the remainder of the regular season then seeing where he goes from there. I have a feeling he won't let us down.

gobbler grad
03-22-2005, 04:27 PM
eventually, he will have to suck it up and play hurt, because they need him badly...he will find a way to get back out there, you just watch...

GO SPURS...:cheerl:

44INAROW
03-22-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Stretch04
Phil your a fool. What do you do for a living, besides watch girls sports (Which is odd in itself), I doubt you are a Dr. The 2-4 is a little more accurate.

UT OH:eek:

LH Panther Mom
03-22-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
UT OH:eek:

That's exactly what I was thinking! :eyetwitch :eyetwitch

gobbler grad
03-22-2005, 04:36 PM
COULD HE BE STRETCHING HIS OPINION...:D :D

Stretch04 must not know the godfather...:eek:

44INAROW
03-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
COULD HE BE STRETCHING HIS OPINION...:D :D

Stretch04 must not know the godfather...:eek:

I did a search and 90% of the post he/she makes are smarta$$ comments a lot of them toward PhilC - ........ I figured as much -

crzyjournalist03
03-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Don't worry Phil. All is well. Popvich told espn, i think it was espn, that TD should be ready to go by playoff time. They are keeping him out for the remainder of the regular season then seeing where he goes from there. I have a feeling he won't let us down.

You have to remember though, after being out for a few weeks, he's not going to immediately be the same player...the Spurs could be in trouble in the first round of the playoffs...even when Duncan comes back, who knows if he's going to be a little more tentative in his game for a while. I think the Spurs are in some trouble, and we'll see how things go...their playoff seeding is sure to not be number one though.

turbostud
03-22-2005, 04:55 PM

Don't forget about Flaco Jimenez. The worlds best accordianist.

AP Panther Fan
03-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I did a search and 90% of the post he/she makes are smarta$$ comments a lot of them toward PhilC - ........ I figured as much -

:foul: :foul: :foul: It is getting old too!

pirate44
03-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Stretch04
oh man, dont let sinton fan read this one. he'll start up the old concrete mixer:D

big daddy russ
03-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
You have to remember though, after being out for a few weeks, he's not going to immediately be the same player...the Spurs could be in trouble in the first round of the playoffs...even when Duncan comes back, who knows if he's going to be a little more tentative in his game for a while. I think the Spurs are in some trouble, and we'll see how things go...their playoff seeding is sure to not be number one though.
If we could pull Los Angeles in the first round of the playoffs it wouldn't be so bad. Between Mohammed, Horry and Nesterovic the Spurs still have ten times the inside game that the Lakers do... and Parker and Ginobili make up the quickest backcourt in the NBA. Memphis also wouldn't be a bad draw, but Minny or Denver would be bad news.

big daddy russ
03-22-2005, 05:25 PM
I just counted up their remaining games. They still have to go on the road for 8 of their remaining 15 games, but they do have a four-game lead over third-seed Seattle and a 5-and-a-half-game lead over Dallas for the Southwest crown. Hopefully they'll get a good draw.

Bandera YaYa
03-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
If we could pull Los Angeles in the first round of the playoffs it wouldn't be so bad. Between Mohammed, Horry and Nesterovic the Spurs still have ten times the inside game that the Lakers do... and Parker and Ginobili make up the quickest backcourt in the NBA. Memphis also wouldn't be a bad draw, but Minny or Denver would be bad news. Hmmm...I likes Parker's and Ginolili's backcourt too!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :p

Gobbla2001
03-22-2005, 07:40 PM
Trading Malik to the Knicks looks like it may come back to bite the Spurs sooner than they expected...

However, Phil C, and you know I love you, he'll be back for the postseason, so no more 'doom and gloom', it is depressing to read about ha... I didn't see the game, but the pictures I saw showed Duncan leaving the court using the shoulders of Bruce Bowen (who was in warm-up suit etc...) and a trainer, I haven't seen the wheelchair yet...

The fact is, the Spurs should only worry about Minn in the first round if they lack Duncan... They have what it takes to beat the other teams without him, Dallas would be the only OTHER problem in my eyes, and it is players like Parker who shine in games against teams like Dallas, not Duncan as much...

The Suns? Staud can slam dunk, but he can't rebound nor play defense, and Steve Nash and Timmy D never touch each other on the court anyway (I know, there could be a butterfly effect, but Marion will get his points, Nash his 'player of the game' and Staudy his dunks, but they won't play defense, and Ginobili will score over 48 this time)...

Sonics? equal to a Spurs team without a Duncan, and since Pop is the better coach in my eyes, Advantage Spurs...

Houston? Timmy D and Yo never present epic match-ups, etc... anyway, Yo is just too slow for him, and he points he does get are by his height alone... He does play good D, even if you took away his height, but Tony goes around people, not over them, and Ginobili doesn't really care if you're 8 foot seven, he'll school you... so I wouldn't say Houston would have a great advantage, could win the series, but no 'GREAT' advantage...

L.A.? Loser Angeles, 'nuff said...

Who else is there?

Like I said, Minnesota and Dallas would be my only two worries as a Spur heading into the first round WITHOUT Duncan... But as we all know, he will be there in the first round... And whether or not he is even 90% really doesn't matter, he'd still be one of the best players in the NBA...

Holmes_Fans
03-22-2005, 09:19 PM
Duncan will only be out 2-4 weaks. If the team is smart they won't play him until the playoffs. They have already clinched a playoff spot so him not playing wouldn't hurt to bad. This might effect Duncan possibility of getting MVP.

big daddy russ
03-23-2005, 01:07 AM
The teams that worry me the most are the teams with the inside advantage. If their opponents clean up on rebounds, the Spurs will be lost.... of course I'm speaking frankly if SA doesn't have Timmy.

Although I do like their chances against the Sonics, if Seattle gets smart and gives Danny Fortson major minutes, they suddenly have the advantage on the glass. They actually may have the two best pure rebounders in the league between Fortson and Reggie Evans.

Mohammed and Horry are alright inside options, but neither are bangers and a guy like Fortson needs to be neutralized either by someone who can position himself in the post and use his length (someone like Duncan) or another banger (do you miss Malik yet?). None of the Spurs inside guys, sans Duncan, are top-notch rebounders. Rasho's a shot-blocker who helps out with his height and touch around the basket more than his defensive abilities, Mohammed's the strongest of the bunch (but definitely no Malik), and while Horry's a good defender, he has problems on the glass against the stouter players.

The Spurs face the same problems with Houston (Yao's long and Howard has a nonstop motor... and more talent than anyone in the Spurs' frontcourt), Memphis (Pau's a long seven feet and Swift is super athletic), and Denver (four great front court rebounders between Marcus Camby, Kenyon Martin, Nene and 'Melo). Sacto and Phoenix wouldn't be bad matchups, but Dallas is just on a different level talent-wise. They'd definitely have to be outcoached.

TOPS1435
03-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Now that last comment about Dallas is interesting. Who knows what former Spurs, not Maverick head coach Avery Johnson brings to the table for the playoffs? Interesting.