PDA

View Full Version : Will the newcomers for Burnet do the job?

bulldawg89
06-19-2003, 12:42 PM
Burnet has newcomers starting on both sides of the ball this year. Leave comments of what you think will happen.

PPHSfan
06-19-2003, 02:30 PM
Every team has newcomers and I don't think Burnet will be hurt at all. They still have McGee to Shipley whenever they need it. I have Burnet ranked number 2 in my own poll for preseason and I feel good about it.

Old Tiger
06-19-2003, 03:18 PM
Will Burnet have any soph. starting?

Old Dog
06-19-2003, 09:56 PM
Hear there may be one on the OL. Also 2 or 3 will gets lots of reserve time.

1 bulldog fan
06-20-2003, 09:52 AM
This is my first post but I have been a fan of this site for some time. Burnet has lost some great players in key positions but I assure you the young talent stepping into those shoes is capable and ready. McGee will have multiple targets in the air and impressive speed on the ground. GO DAWGS

What the mind can conceive and believe the body can achieve

Rabbit'93
06-20-2003, 11:24 AM
I have a feeling that Burnet will be alright.

Everman01Grad.
06-21-2003, 02:24 AM
The Rabbit was right Burnet is going to be more than fine.Honestly im speaking early but i wouldnt be surprised to see burnet in the state game at the end of the year!!!

bigdawg06
07-14-2003, 07:06 PM
Old Tiger:
Will Burnet have any soph. starting?they will have one for sure!

toby070
07-14-2003, 07:54 PM
I don't doubt that Burnet will be awesome again this year, but I thought I read a post in here a while back that said Miller's replacement was better than Miller. No offense to that kid or to the poster, but I'll have to see it to believe it. Last year as I continually tried to make some doubters believe in Burnet, I emphasized that as good as Shipley and McGee were, having a stud RB like Miller forced teams to respect the run, which really made their offense effective.

Is his replacement rally THAT good?

29x281
07-14-2003, 10:26 PM
RB Levens can be effective in different ways than Miller. Miller's speed -- when added to Shipley's and Warner's -- put tremendous pressure on 3A defenses, even those with athletes such as Jasper.

Levens won't be the homerun threat that Miller was, but he's faster than most people think. And he's a more punishing type of runner than any featured back Burnet has had in the last 7 years.

I will be very interested to see how the defense holds up without Manning and Pell. Those are two huge pairs of shoes to fill.

toby070
07-15-2003, 08:10 AM
Well, other than when you play Wimberley :) I'll be pulling for you. I don't know Coach Shipley, but he seems to be a class guy,as Abernathy was.

Good luck!

Matthew328
07-16-2003, 11:54 AM
Every team has question marks going into the season....Burnet just has fewer than anyone else...not only is replacing Miller key but finding a replacement to Templeton is a key...Burnet's offense was so good last year because of all the weapons...I think for Burnet to repeat last year's success the replacements at TE and TB have to do the job...

Shocky
07-16-2003, 07:46 PM
I will give the player for Burnet last season and you tell me the scheduled replacement.

Miller?, Templeton both at TE and kicker?, Parker?, Pell?, Christian?, Manning?, Chapa?, Hamm?,Felps?

That is a pretty good group!

espn1
07-16-2003, 11:34 PM
Burnet has some good players coming up. But, anyone that can answer that question at this point in space, would be called Coach.

1 bulldog fan
07-17-2003, 04:48 PM
I have been to most of Burnet’s 7 on 7 games and the newcomers at skill positions are doing great. Some players to watch are Sr. corner Russell Linahann , Jr. outside linebacker Rowdi Bizzle #5, Sr. outside linebacker/ kicker Tom Field, Jr. wide receiver T.C. Warren #1, and Sr. wide receiver Clay Jetton #21. Can’t comment on any lineman positions till 2-a-day’s.