PDA

View Full Version : Neato Mosquito!!

Ranger Mom
03-22-2005, 11:47 AM
I just read in the paper that Midland is getting a new 2 screen Drive In movie theater....should be ready to go by this summer.

I know there is one about 45 miles away in Lamesa...is there many more left in the state of Texas??

pirate44
03-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I just read in the paper that Midland is getting a new 2 screen Drive In movie theater....should be ready to go by this summer.

I know there is one about 45 miles away in Lamesa...is there many more left in the state of Texas??
theres a nice one in san antonio ive been wanting to see. ive only driven by it. they tore all the ones down around the Corpus Christi area. i think theres one in the Temple Belton area too.

Ranger Mom
03-22-2005, 11:52 AM
I found this site that gives a list...Texas Drive In (http://www.driveinmovie.com/TX.htm) ...notice that Tyler's drive in shows X-rated movies only!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

HighSchool Fan
03-22-2005, 11:55 AM
more drive-in movies.....here comes the baby boom again :D

AP Panther Fan
03-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Wow....I hope they have improved the technology somewhat. We used to have one in Aransas Pass many years ago ... the two biggest problems were finding a good speaker to hook on your window and then of course... fighting the mosquitos.

Interesting RM that you should title your thread that!:D

pirate44
03-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Wow....I hope they have improved the technology somewhat. We used to have one in Aransas Pass many years ago ... the two biggest problems were finding a good speaker to hook on your window and then of course... fighting the mosquitos.

were you ever guilty of sneaking anyone in the truck?

44INAROW
03-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate44

When I was in high school, the Lone Tree Drive Inn (In Victoria) showed X-rated shows - one night we took two car loads of girls over there and I admit we did sneak some in........ I dont' think we stayed 10 minutes :eek: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

AP Panther Fan
03-22-2005, 12:22 PM

You betcha!:D

I drove a little, baby blue VW with limited trunk space in the front of the car. Kinda cool though....easy to converse with the person you had hidden.:cool:

Ranger Mom
03-22-2005, 12:49 PM

At the drive-in in Lamesa, you tune to a radio station.

The last movie I saw at a drive-in was King Kong....I was sitting in a lawn chair in the back of a truck!

pirate44
03-22-2005, 12:52 PM
...notice that Tyler's drive in shows X-rated movies only!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
i remember when i and my brothers were little crumbgrabbers, my parents made it clear we WERE NOT to look at the movie screen behind us. now i am beginning to understand why:thinking:

Bandera YaYa
03-22-2005, 01:14 PM
I can't belierve that they showed X-rated movies at drive-in's.....LOVES IT!! Bet the concession stands didn't do much business during the movies!!! :eek: :D

AP Panther Fan
03-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I can't belierve that they showed X-rated movies at drive-in's.....LOVES IT!! Bet the concession stands didn't do much business during the movies!!! :eek: :D

Not to mention, those in the neighborhood who couldn't afford the ticket, probably just took their own popcorn and sodas to the roof ... who needed to hear the words anyway.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Just kidding:nerd:

pirate44
03-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Not to mention, those in the neighborhood who couldn't afford the ticket, probably just took their own popcorn and sodas to the roof ... who needed to hear the words anyway.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Just kidding:nerd:
and when one thing leads to another, they fall off their roof, sue the drive-in and they go outa business. i bet thats how they disappeared in the first place. :D

AP Panther Fan
03-22-2005, 01:40 PM
and when one thing leads to another, they fall off their roof, sue the drive-in and they go outa business. i bet thats how they disappeared in the first place. :D

YEP....I BET YOUR RIGHT!:D

Old Dog
03-22-2005, 01:47 PM
lost youth and fogged up windows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snyder_TigerFan
03-22-2005, 02:01 PM

They have one here in Abilene. I went to it a couple of months ago and was impressed. The picture quality was good, as was the sound (you tune to a radio frequency). I believe it was like $12 per carload for a double feature.

http://www.towncountrydrivein.com/