PDA

View Full Version : 5-3A Scores

abicooper
10-19-2001, 11:39 PM
Wylie 38 Merkel 19; Ballinger 28 Sweetwater 26, Early 34 Clyde 20

There goes the "Big" match up next week between Wylie and Sweetwater. I guess the district championship will come down to Week 10. (Wylie at Ballinger)

hsguru
10-19-2001, 11:44 PM
That was the best Merkel team I have ever seen. A few cheapshots though. Way too many unsportsmanlike and personal fouls in the game.

hsguru
10-19-2001, 11:49 PM
Any news on the Stafford kids condition?

abicooper
10-19-2001, 11:53 PM
I thought that Merkel played a great game also. Number 20 for Merkel seemed to be the "dirty" player. Wylie appeared not to have their "A" game tonite. Off subject, it may have been me, but were the officals calling every call for Merkel. I know on two different occasions when D. Ruth scored on TDs, he was tackled well after he was in the end-zone and one late cheap shot after he was three or fours steps out of bounds. (I belive all three cheap shots were by #20?)

abicooper
10-19-2001, 11:57 PM
I saw him moving his legs, and it appeared he gave a thumbs-up as they were putting him on the stretcher. I hope that we is OK.

Adidas410s
10-20-2001, 02:21 AM
If I am not mistaken, Drew Carraway was #20 for Merkel. I know that he was the one who dove into the back of a Wylie DB's knees after the last play of the game.
Also, about Danny Ruth, he must have had somebody make him really mad because he got flagged for taunting in the 3rd quarter and he is the absolute last guy on that team that I could ever see doing that. It is kind of strange that it happened the same day that the ARN prints an article about how much of a leader by actions and not words that he is.

bigdawg
10-20-2001, 04:02 AM
On that taunting call, all Ruth did was run in for the touchdown and turn around real quick to head back to the sidelines. He was already 6 yds. in the end zone when he did it though, it wasn't like he was 3 inches across the goalline. I have never seen refs. favor Merkel like they did tonight. It was horrible.

hsguru
10-20-2001, 06:13 PM
Watching the film Carraway is a loser and punk. He is a cheapshot artist. He is a good running back but is a terrible sportsman.