PDA

View Full Version : Navasota Rattlers and Bridge City Cardinals

Old Cardinal
05-02-2003, 07:37 PM
I looks like a collision course for two former 4A teams, next week. The last time the Rattles came out of District and into the Bracket play was in 4A-the year was 1992. Clay Condrey was their Sophomore pitching sensation. They went to the Regional game(losing to Waco Robinson). Clay today is a Pitcher for the San Diego Padres....That same year, Bridge City lost in the State final game of 4A to Champs, Robstown. Coach Chuck Young had taken an unranked junk yard dog Club, all the way to the final game....Today Navasota has a great Pitcher named Shiflett, and a good supporting pitching staff. Bridge City will counter with either Senior Derek Blackshear or Freshman Broc Haymon(who some hometown folks think will be another Nolan Ryan someday). BC is playing 19-4A District Champs Conroe Oak Ridge tonight; after an excellent warm up against powerhouse Jasper. Blackshear has lost 2 games while 5 other games were loss by other Cardinal pitchers-against what many feel is the harshest scheduling faced by any 3A team. Will playing the "best that will play you"- pay off, we will have to wait and see?

Birdman
05-04-2003, 01:18 AM
Looks like the Cardinals and Rattlers will hook-up at Kingwood High School on Friday @7:30 for one game/winner take all !!!

Old Cardinal
05-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Well, I would guess it will be a pitching duel as two of the best in 3A baseball will be on the mound...Navasota's Shiflett against Bridge City's Derek Blacksher. Now that ought to be a great contest-Let the fireworks begin! The winner will probably be in the lead role in their half of the Region III bracketing.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-06-2003, 08:59 PM
If the kid from Navasota is one of the best in the state? For some reason I dont see that!!!!