PDA

View Full Version : Fedora to Navasota

Slobberin Dawg
03-21-2005, 09:30 AM
Congrats to Robinson Head Coach Lee Fedora on his new position as AD/Hd. FB at Navasota. Navasota got another good one!

scotty
03-22-2005, 07:49 PM
Other than Robison, what has he ever done and where has he been. I'm not familiar with him only to know that Robinson was real good a few years back. They played Sealy several times in the playoffs and were very good. Two of the assistant coaches on those staffs are now coaching at Sealy.
Fedora took over and apparently brought a new staff with him at Robinson.
I'm just curious to see what he did at Robinson and before.

ILS1
03-22-2005, 09:39 PM
By LARRY BOWEN
Eagle Staff Writer

Former A&M Consolidated and Texas A&M star Lee Fedora has agreed to return to his Brazos Valley roots to become the new athletic director and head football coach at Navasota High School.

Navasota Superintendent David Faltys said Fedora’s hiring is expected to be approved at Tuesday’s school board meeting.

The other finalists were former Bremond standout Bo Robinson, athletic director and head coach at Bangs, and David Yeager of Brackettville.

Fedora, who turned 34 Sunday, was a finalist for the Navasota job three years ago but pulled out of the running before Navasota hired Dan Burk.

“He was our leading candidate three years ago and for one reason or another, it didn’t work out,” Faltys said. “His stock has only risen since going to Waco and taking over a program that was kind of in disarray and winning like they did last year.”

Fedora was hired at Waco Robinson two years ago. His first team finished 1-9, but last season the Rockets went 9-1-1.

Fedora said Navasota is attractive because of its community support, the opportunity to work with Faltys and to be involved in the planning of Navasota’s football stadium, scheduled to be built in time for the 2006 season.

“It’s exciting getting close to home,” Fedora said. “It will put me about 10 minutes from my dad, and family’s real important to me. I have two little girls, and they’re going to get to see their grandpa a lot. The family issue is a big part of it.”

Fedora was an assistant coach at Consol under Ross Rogers, then had a successful stint as head coach at Rogers, where his teams made the playoffs four of five seasons. He posted a 48-15 record at Rogers.

“In talking to his last two superintendents, I like the professionalism he brings to the game,” Faltys said. “They said this guy is the class act of coaches.”

Burk left for The Colony after coaching the Rattlers for three seasons, posting an overall record of 22-11 and making the playoffs in each season. The Rattlers went 9-2 last year, earning a share of the District 20-3A championship and losing to Caldwell in the first round of the state playoffs.

Fedora To Navasota (www.brazossports.com/football/032105fedora.htm)

mwynn05
03-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Hmmm Who was that one loss to? lol ;)