PDA

View Full Version : Ballinger new coached announced

Adidas410s
03-20-2005, 11:16 AM
I may have not seen this on the boards before but this was in the Abilene paper today.

Brent Brevard is returning home - as the new head football coach of the Ballinger Bearcats.
Brent, who pole vaulted for Angelo State, is a former assistant coach for Randy Allen at Cooper and Highland Park before taking the offensive coordinator's position at Daingerfield. This will be his first job as head football coach although he was the Cougars' head track coach.

His father, Weldon Brevard, is a former coach and administrator at Ballinger and still lives there.

Brevard is the latest in a short line of former Bearcats to head the football program and the most successful was Doug Cox, who led them to the Class 2A state championship before losing to Huntsville in 1953. Doug also still lives in Ballinger after also serving as the school's superintendent.

Black_Magic
03-21-2005, 09:31 AM
I know Brent. I was a team mate at ASU on the same track team. he is a CRAZY GUY! LOL

vet93
03-21-2005, 10:24 AM
I went to high school with Brent. He played under Coach Randy Allen at Ballinger and later worked for him at both Abilene Cooper and Highland Park. He was a pretty good vaulter at both Ballinger and ASU.