PDA

View Full Version : A Question?

PhiI C
03-20-2005, 10:42 AM
And it is applicable to high school, college and pros. I like both men and women's basketball but I have a question. Why is there more support and interest in men's basketball than women's basketball? :mad:

HighSchool Fan
03-20-2005, 10:43 AM
people would rather watch one on one basketball than good fundamental basketball

District303aPastPlayer
03-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
And it is applicable to high school, college and pros. I like both men and women's basketball but I have a question. Why is there more support and interest in men's basketball than women's basketball? :mad:

because the WNBA isnt as big as the NBA... and not many people can name more than 1 person playing college basketball for any team in the Nation... whereas most can name you at least 2 kids from each NCAA team that they follow and at least 2-3 teams from that conference

Rockdale Tiger
03-20-2005, 10:54 AM
Men's basketball is a more exciting game to watch.

Holmes_Fans
03-20-2005, 11:15 AM
nm

jason
03-20-2005, 11:16 AM
cause women sports are boring, unless they take their shirts off after they score...

if women sports didnt get funding from the money that mens sports bring in, there would be no such thing as womens intercollegiate athletics...

PhiI C
03-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by jason
cause women sports are boring, unless they take their shirts off after they score...

if women sports didnt get funding from the money that mens sports bring in, there would be no such thing as womens intercollegiate athletics...

That's a strange thing to say on a Sunday - especially Palm Sunday!!!

:D

LH Panther Mom
03-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by jason

You really should log out.

Gobbla2001
03-20-2005, 02:06 PM
My honest opinion?

I enjoy watching the sweet 16 on down in women's basketball, it gets pretty exciting... Once the best teams are narrowed down, the games go back and forth etc... a lot more...

However, I believe what we are dealing with is the pace of the game etc...

I watch both, and the girls are a little slower...

Also, the slam dunk isn't in the game... When was the first slam dunk in women's college basketball? A few years ago when Snow of Tennessee dunked it? I believe she ended up dunking a couple of times that season... I believe that was the last...

Another deal is that you're watching women with not so sexy clothes on (you think I am kidding)... To some guys that just may be such a turn-off that they cannot watch it...

I dunno, I think it's interesting when it gets down into the tourney and the big rivalries...

SPF25
03-20-2005, 02:10 PM
posted under miy wifes screen name:doh:

mike

pirate44
03-20-2005, 02:13 PM
same reason millions of people watch NASCAR, but noone would show up to see a tricycle race