PDA

View Full Version : Baylor beats Texas not once but twice!

PhiI C
03-20-2005, 10:13 AM
In NCAA college BASEBALL!! That is right Texas was sweeped twice by Baylor in the Big Ten Opener. The first loss by 3 to 2 might have been considered a fluke but when Baylor won the second one yesterday 9 to 1 it was no fluke. Texas was No. 1 and Baylor No. 16 but Texas will have to play better if they want to win the national championship this year. Of course maybe Texas was overrated and Baylor Underrated. We will see. Maybe sahen has some comments on it.

LH Panther Mom
03-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Of course maybe Texas was overrated and Baylor Underrated. We will see. Maybe sahen has some comments on it.

That could very well be....

pirate4state
03-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
In NCAA college BASEBALL!! That is right Texas was sweeped twice by Baylor in the Big Ten Opener. The first loss by 3 to 2 might have been considered a fluke but when Baylor won the second one yesterday 9 to 1 it was no fluke. Texas was No. 1 and Baylor No. 16 but Texas will have to play better if they want to win the national championship this year. Of course maybe Texas was overrated and Baylor Underrated. We will see. Maybe sahen has some comments on it. Big Ten?? :doh: You mean Big 12! :D

Texas had 4 errors yesterday!! :eek: Scattered 4 hits and gave up 9 runs on 9 hits! :doh: They need to step it up. Not good that they've lost these 2 conference games! :mad: Adrian is on the mound today and this game will be televised. GO HORNS!!

c-town_balla
03-20-2005, 11:26 AM
If you remember Texas lost 4 of 6 to start the big XII in 2002 and they won the CWS ,so its still early.

CHSBaseball07
03-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Well they started this year off 0-3...maybe its a good sign...haha....

HOOK EM HORNS!

I AINT WORRIED!!! I KNOW THEY HAVE THE BEST TEAM IN THE NATION BY FAR!

sahen
03-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Baylor completed teh sweep today by winning 4-3 on a walk off single....and Phil, baylor and texas have both had very even teams since the start of the big 12 but texas has had more post season success....i believe baylor's current coach has a winning record against texas too....anyways, baylor started off as number 8 after doing good at that minute maid classic thing (beating Houston, Rice, and someone else i forgot) then they hit a stretch where they were struggling to find themselves so they dropped a bit in the polls, however they seem to have found themselves now being they swept number 8 (last week) vanderbilt in tennessee and then beat number 24 TCU on tuesday of this last week and of course swept UT this weekend.....our team is loaded w/ talent but underachieved mightly last year, luckily however almost all of them came back so baylor should be a force in the big 12 this season (they broke their streak of 6 straight NCAA appearances)...if they keep playing like this then they will be fine, however they have another side where they cant do anything.....anyways to answer ur question phil...i think baylor's team is better than their ranking , but they r just now starting to play like it so they r where they should be ranked, however they will be higher come monday.....and UT is ranked where they deserve to be, they have played a tough schedule and won all but one of their games before this weekend, they really have looked unstoppable until this point, they should drop maybe 2 or 3 spots but they will keep on trucking....UT is a great team as is Baylor...im shocked, and glad we won all 3, i figured it would be a 2 games to 1 series (didnt know whose favor though)....however that said, Sic'em Bears!

sahen
03-20-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That could very well be....
i heard tech took their series w/ the ags this weekend 2 games to 1...good job!

LH Panther Mom
03-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by sahen
i heard tech took their series w/ the ags this weekend 2 games to 1...good job!

Yippee!!! :clap:

Phil C
03-21-2005, 09:17 AM
Thank you for your input sahen. Of course the important time starts with the NCAA playoffs and both teams should make it.

Phil C
03-21-2005, 10:06 AM
A newspaper quote about Texas. First in the Nation but Last in their conference! I hope regarding the former that that is the case in June. :)

sahen
03-21-2005, 05:46 PM
just an update....Texas is now 4 and Baylor is now 10....thought people might want to know

Phil C
03-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Thank you sahen. I knew Texas would drop but didn't know how far and Baylor would go up. Now we don't have to worry with that No. 1 Burden. :)