PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star Cup Standings

RBARKER
01-16-2004, 09:03 AM
I know most people dont follow this but Barbers Hill finished 10th last year and has placed in the top 10 in 3 of the last 4 years. BH should finish strong again this year with Basketball and Baseball still to come with a lot of promise. Good luck to all teams this year.

Standings as of January 9, 2004, for Class 3A are as follows:

1.Atlanta 22pts.
Wimberley 22pts.
3.Monahans 20pts.
Sinton 20pts.
5.Canyon 18pts.
Carthage 18pts.
7.Caldwell 16pts.
Gilmer 16pts.
Jasper 16pts.
10.The following 10 schools are tied with 14 points:
Devine, Elgin, Gainesville, Graham, Manor, Marlin, Mont Belvieu
Barbers Hill, Pharr Valley View, Vernon, Yoakum

BU97
01-16-2004, 11:05 AM
I've heard of this but I don't know how you accumulate points, how does it work?

KTJ
01-16-2004, 11:29 AM
You get points based on your finish for certain sports/academics. It's on the UIL website.

noitall
01-16-2004, 08:49 PM
This shows that the Hill takes all competitions seriously.

VWG
01-16-2004, 10:18 PM
I'm surprised not to see Abilene Wylie in there.
Football team had a great run this year.
Girls volleyball must not be any good, or what?
Cross Country???
I wouldn't think that Wylie has any problems with the academics as it's a great school.
Congrats to Dist. 5-3A with Vernon and Graham being tied in the 10th spot with some other schools.
Right now I know that Vernon and Graham's girls basketball teams are in the top 20, and Graham's boys basketball team is in the top 20 as well.

wildstangs
01-17-2004, 05:03 PM
VWG:
Cross Country???
I wouldn't think that Wylie has any problems with the academics as it's a great school.
Congrats to Dist. 5-3A with Vernon and Graham being tied in the 10th spot with some other schools.
Right now I know that Vernon and Graham's girls basketball teams are in the top 20, and Graham's boys basketball team is in the top 20 as well.Wylie doesn't play volleyball. Not sure how their cross country teams where/if they had any.

VWG
01-17-2004, 06:08 PM
wildstangs:

VWG:
Cross Country???

Wylie doesn't play volleyball? That's shocking. With an avg. enrollment pushing 850 you'd think they would have a girls volleyball program.
Heck, even small 1A schools have girls volleyball!
Right now I know that Vernon and Graham's girls basketball teams are in the top 20, and Graham's boys basketball team is in the top 20 as well.Wylie doesn't play volleyball. Not sure how their cross country teams where/if they had any.